Chapter 3

Who Are You, Secretary Oh?

Moving my pupil sideways, I glared at Sehun who was busy checking papers in front of him. How could he say nothing after what he did last night? He threw me in bafflement to the point I could not even sleep but yet, he was so energetic today. He could even eat 4 piece of toast breads for breakfast as if nothing happened!

"CEO Kang, this is your speech for today's press conference. I've highlighted several lines so that you won't leave any important points" Sehun handed me the papers that he dived his nose into since we left for work earlier.

"Is there anything wrong?" Sehun asked when he realized I was burning hole in him. I crossed my arms.

"You really did not remember anything, did you?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Like what?" Putting on his innocent face, Sehun asked. I huffed, annoyed to the fact he really did not remember what he did last night.

"Nothing. Just play with your ipad or whatever. Don't talk to me" I turned my head to look forward. I miss you, Kang Yoora. I bit my lower lips as I could hear Sehun's voice from last night.

"Ye-yes CEO Kang" Sehun frowned, baffled with my action. 

I sneaked a glance as Sehun took out his ipad and began to work on some matters. A sigh escaped my lips. I needed to go through my speech but my mind just failed to cooperate. Sehun was making my complicated thoughts turned to a major wreck. 

There were thousand of questions lingering inside my head. Did Sehun keep some feelings for me? Did he dream of me last night? Did Sehun has dejavu just like I did? Okay, all these made my head throbbed. For the last time, I glanced at Sehun.

Oppa...

...

"Sorry I can't make it tonight" Jongin apologized from the other side. Regret could be trace in his tone.

"It's fine. Your patient needs you" I assured him. 

"Aish, if only we have enough doctors tonight.." Jongin groaned.

"Dr Kim. Let me remind you, your priority is to save people. And that makes you so great in my eyes. So do that great thing I like and makes me fall for you more" I let out a chuckle.

Jongin and I had a dinner date tonight but this man of mine suddenly had to be on duty in the place of his senior who had an emergency in his hometown. The only doctor who could perform the surgery other than that senior was Jongin. He was a great surgeon, wasn't he? As expected from Dr Kim, a neurologist expert.

"Is it? Then should I live in surgery room?" I giggled to Jongin's nonsense joke.

"Yoora-ssi, I need to go now. Talk to you later" Jongin excused himself.

"Alright. Go" I said. I was about to end the call when Jongin called out my name.

"Yoora-ssi!" Jongin squealed.

"Yes?" I waited for him to continue.

"I love you" Jongin's sudden remark made me flustered. A shade of pink coloured my fair cheeks. I cleared my throat before replying to him.

"Love you too" I quickly ended the call, too embarrassed to hear Jongin's respond. Fanning myself, I tried to cool myself down. This man really made me do everything I never did before!

A knock on the door made me flinched in surprise. Sehun's tall figure came into my sight. Closing the door behind him, Sehun then strode towards me. I stared at him as he placed a file on my desk. A smile was adorning his face.

"CEO Kang, this is the list you asked for. I've summarized all of our potentional buyers and that's the final one" Sehun explained without being asked. Nodding, I took the file and looked through the papers.

"How about proposal from the Russian company that came last week?" I asked without looking at Sehun, still having my eyes on the list.

"I've taken a look at it and it's better than our old contractor" Sehun informed. I nodded, trusting Sehun's judging ability. Sehun's analysis was always right and undoubtedly brought a lot of benefits. His knowledge was just, so broad. That was the reason I depended a lot on him.

"So if there's nothing, I'll take my leave first" Sehun gave me a nod and ready to step out.

"Secretary Oh!" I stopped him. 

"Yes?" Sehun asked. 

"Tonight, let's eat outside. It's been a while right?" I offered. If I looked back, I spent less time with Sehun now that I had Jongin. My free time was filled with Jongin. Even though I lived with Sehun under one roof, I barely saw him other than in the office. Sehun blinked a few times.

"Why? You don't like it?" I let out a chuckle. Shaking his head, Sehun then creased a smile.

"Then do you want me to look for a good place?" Sehun asked.

"No need to. We can just go to your favorite place" I said as I my computer, prepared to start working.

"My....favorite place?" 

...

I looked around the Chinese restaurant. It was quite occupied at this hour since it was dinner time and Korean socializing time was just begun. I could see several groups were having company dinners, judging from their formal attire. It had been a long time since I attended one. No employer wanted to have their CEO in their dinner anyway. 

"We would like to have hot pot, 2 servings of dumplings and 4 servings of spring roll" I ordered. Nodding, the waitress gave us a smile and took a leave.

"Yoora-ya, that's too much" Sehun muttered out.

"You like spring rolls, don't you? You had finish 6 servings of it before!" I chuckled but Sehun had a straight face on as if I said something wrong.

"You remember? But I took you here when..." Sehun did not finish his sentence.

"When?" I raised a brow.

"How do you know this place?" Sehun asked another question.

"Eh? We always come here together, aren't we?" Confused, I asked. Sehun was obviously asking very strange questions.

"We did come here together but--" Sehun stopped again, pissing me off.

"Oppa. What are you trying to say actually?" I crosses my arms in annoyance.

"Do you remember when?" Sehun's question got me thinking. My brows knitted together, racking my brain to look for the memories inside my head. Weirdly, nothing came into my mind. Wait-- why did I say we came together?

"Do you remember when I ate 6 servings of spring roll?" Sehun asked again. Okay, that was creepy because I could not recall any memories of those. Baffled, I blinked a few times. Sehun let out a sigh.

"Sorry I thought--" Sehun ran his fingers through his hair. I fixed my eyes on Sehun, demanding an explanation.

"It's okay Yoora. You don't have to remember" Sehun threw his gaze away from me. I was not sure if it was just my feelings but Sehun looked disappointed and obviously, frustrated. 

I was about to ask for further explanation when Sehun's phone vibrated, interrupting us. Before I managed to look at the caller ID, Sehun snatched his phone away. Excusing himself, Sehun took the call outside. I sighed. Things were getting complicated. First, the dreams. Second, Sehun who kept appearing in my dejavu. And now, episodes without memories.

Just what on earth is happening to me?

...

Rolling lazily in my bed, I reveled myself in the coziness it offered. I loved weekend! Nobody hated it anyway. It was already noon but I still did not budge from my bed. It was rare to have a peaceful weekend and I did not want to ruin it. I was thinking of staying in my bed for the rest of the day when my stomach growled in hunger.

My screaming stomach forced me to get up. Sauntering to the kitchen, I looked for something to eat. Opening the refrigerator, I grabbed a box of ice cream. As I made my way back, I found Sehun was watching television in the living room. Instead of going straight back to my room, my feet decided to make their way to Sehun.

Plopping myself beside him, I joined Sehun. I averted my gaze to the screen in front. It was playing a weekend drama special. Did not even spare a look at me, Sehun was completely into it. Shoving my ice cream in front of him, I offered him some. Without taking his eyes off from the screen, he scooped himself a spoonful of the ice cream. I shook my head. 

A naughty smirk made its way to my face as something popped out in my mind. I took a lungful of air before stepping up my 'game'. Sehun's focus was still on the screen, totally was not on his guard. Aiming Sehun ribs, I  gave it a poke. In less than a second, the air was filled with Sehun surprised shriek.

"Yoora-ya!" Sehun rounded his eyes at me. I burst out laughing to the point my stomach hurt.

"Aigoo my stomach" I held my stomach, trying to calm myself down. Sehun scoffed in annoyance.

"What's so interesting? You don't even blink!" Scooping another spoon of ice cream, I savored the sweetness as it melted in my mouth. Sehun shook his head and diverted his focus back on the screen, completely uninterested to pay some attention to me which somehow hurt by him.

"Oppa, I'm hungry" I whined, still trying to have Sehun's attention. Glancing at Sehun, I waited for him to respond. But to no avail.

"Aigoo. Why Kang Yoora is so pitiful? Her parents have a lunch date outside, leaving their daughter in hunger. And when she asked her secretary to give her some food, he ignored her, choosing a drama over someone who has been with him for--"

"What do you want me to cook?" Sehun finally relented. Shaking my head, I beamed brightly.

"Let's order pizza" 

...

My eyes shone in awe as I stared to the pizza in front of me. Without waiting for Sehun who was taking cokes from the refirigerator, I took a piece and had a bite. Closing my eyes, I savoured the flavor of sour and spicy mixed so well with each other. 

"Eat slowly" Sehun reminded as he came with two tins of coke in his hand. Handing me one, Sehun then took a piece of the pizza. 

"Oppa, I never know pizza will taste so great" I said with a stuffed mouth. 

"It's because you're hungry" Sehun chortled.

"Is it?" I stuffed more pizza into my mouth without stop. In less than 15 minutes, I already finished 3 large size pizza. Tapping my full stomach lightly, I smiled with a content heart. There was nothing better than a happy tummy!

"Aigoo, you like pizza that much" Sehun shook his head. Without a warning, Sehun suddenly leaned closer to me, brushing his thumb against the corner of my lips that was smeared with sauce. I held my breath as our eyes locked.

Suddenly I felt the whole world was silenced as if it was only me and him. Going beyond my expectation, my heart pounded against my chest as if it was going to burst any moment. But strangely, my eyes kept gazing into his despite being so breathless. And, this felt so familiar and somehow I felt like crying with no reason.

A call brought both of us back on earth. Sehun instantly pulled away from me, rubbing the nape of his neck. I took a lungful of air as I found myself breathing again. Clearing my throat, I reached for my phone and looked at the caller ID. Kim Jongin. I took a glance at Sehun before striding to the kitchen, taking the call. I did not know why but I did not want Sehun to listen to our conversation.

"Yes Jongin-ssi?" I answered his call.

"Let's go for a date"

...

I was welcomed with a kiss by Jongin. As usual, his smile made my heart skipped a beat. Jongin invited me to his apartment for dinner. He said he really wanted to cook for me so I accepted his request. Having a date inside was not a bad idea anyway since Jongin was tired with his endless surgery and I could not afford to make an exhausted man even more tired.

"Is it hard to find my apartment?" Jongin asked as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ears.

"Not at all. I'm used to this area" I shook my head. Jongin creased a smile. Interlacing our fingers together, Jongin brought me to his living room.

"Wait here okay? The dinner is almost ready" I nodded. Before making his way to the kitchen, Jongin dropped a kiss on my forehead, leaving me all flustered.

My eyes then roamed around. Jongin's apartment was huge! The interior was designed creatively that it looked like the one you saw in magazines. His apartment looked luxurious yet simple and cozy. It was situated at the highest floor so the night view was even more fascinating.

My legs then brought me to his mini library. Medical books filled almost all of the rack. I took one of the book and looked through it. Several lines were highlighted and sticky notes were everywhere. I chuckled at his handwriting. So it was indeed true when people said doctors had the hardest handwriting.

I put the book back and made my way to the kitchen. A sound of plates clanked to each other could be heard clearly. Great aroma wafted in the air, making my stomach growled in hunger. The sight of Jongin came into my view. His focus was centered towards the dish that he did not realize my presence.

The corner of my lips turned upward as I silently watched him cook. I could not deny he looked like a connoisseur. Jongin was not just an expert in the surgery room but also in the kitchen! His visual spelled P.E.R.F.E.C.T. With his hair down, radiating his good boy vibe and the casual looked he pulled off with his white shirt and jeans, Jongin was undoubtedly the man of every woman's dream.

"Oh you're here? I told you to wait, didn't I? Do you miss me already?" Jongin's assertiveness amused me. I let out a chuckle as a reply. Pacing closer towards him, I went behind him. Placing my arms around his waist, I leaned myself against his back.

"If you keep doing this I can't work, you know?" Jongin tried to feign anger but I swore he was really bad at it. The excitement in his tone told everything.

"You like it, don't you" I chortled. But then again, something flashed before my eyes. It was the same situation. But the only different was that, the man standing in front of me was Sehun. I saw him swirled his head around, smiling with fond. Surprised, I let my arms go.

"What's wrong?" Turning around, Jongin asked when he saw my terrified face. I gulped in nervousness. 

"No-nothing" I forced a smile. As if he sensed something wrong, Jongin lowered his body, matching his eye level with me. He looked at me in the eyes before giving me a chaste kiss on the lips.

"I'll be finished soon and then we'll eat together, uhm?" Jongin's soft voice hit my eardrum. Still in daze, I nod. The goosebumps from what just happened earlier was still there. 

Was that really a dejavu..? 

 

 

 

 

I just love Jongin in white shirt and jeans LOL just what that Jongin can't pull off? LOL anyway thank you for reading and subscribing! Don't forget to leave some comments =))