Chapter 5

Who Are You, Secretary Oh?

When Jongin and I arrived, all preparations were already finished. The perk of having a credible and fast secretary. I did not know how fast Sehun drove his car here. Even though he went a little bit later than me, he arrived first and even finished with all the preparations.

"CEO Kang. Everything is ready" Sehun gave me a bow. His gaze then was flitted to Jongin beside me. 

"The doctors are in there" Sehun pointed to a building near the main one. His voice was stern. Even I rarely heard that tone of his. Okay, this was not good.

"Thank you" Jongin flashed a smile but I could see that the smile was like a warning. I felt like running away.

"I'll go first, Yoora-ssi. See you later uhm?" Jongin planted a kiss on my cheek before leaving me, stunned. I sneaked a glance at Sehun. Frankly, I felt uncomfortable showing any affection or even skinship with Jongin in front of Sehun. For no reason. I just did not like that idea.

Sehun's expression did not look so good and I did not know how to respond either, so I just cleared my throat and acted like nothing happened. I walked pass him and went inside the main building, joining the event. I tried make myself busy with the kids there to forget about Sehun and Jongin. But it was not easy as spoken.

Just why on earth I have to care about what Sehun would think? And..does Sehun really have feelings for me?? He does not have to be jealous if Jongin kiss me right? But his expression stated the otherwise. Urgh, I think I will go crazy!!

...

Playing with kids was really exhausting! I guessed I was growing old. I used to run around like crazy when I was a kid myself but now I could not keep up with the kids. Chasing them around all day really worn me out. So I ended up sitting on the bench, just watching my employers playing with them.

"Tired?" Sehun came with a bottle of water in his hand. Handing me the water, Sehun placed himself beside me.

"Not at all" I denied. Sehun let out a huge laughter.

"Liar. You're sweating these much and you said you're not tired at all?" Sehun took out his handkerchief and wiped my sweat. I froze in my spot as Sehun cleaned my face. My heart skipped a beat. Done, Sehun pulled away from me, allowing me to breathe again.

"Here, eat this. Lunch will be a little bit late. You cannot hold your hunger right?" Sehun placed a bread in my hand. I turned my head at him, touched by how he always remembered every single fact about me. In the midst of him being very busy handling the event, he still remembered me.

Sehun flashed a smile and paced away towards the crowd. My eyes followed him as I watched him played with the kids. It was a sight which could make any woman fell for him. Unwittingly, the corner of my lips turned upward as I gazed at Sehun, laughing and teasing the kids and the kids seemed to like him very much.

"What are you looking at?" Jongin took a seat beside me. He swirled his head around to look at my direction.

"Just Sehun. He really likes kids, you know? Sehun lived in an orphanage house before my dad brought him in. So I guess this house really reminds him of his childhood" I told Jongin. Jongin just remained silence.

"Have you done with the medical checkup?" I turned my head to look at Jongin.

"Yes and when I look for my girlfriend, I saw her with another guy" Jongin's sarcasm made me swallowed hard. Okay, I did another mistake again, didn't I?

"Jongin-ssi, I--" a phone call interrupted us. Jongin took out his phone from his pocket. It looked like a serious call because his face was tensed. After a few yes, Jongin ended the call.

"I'm sorry but I need to go back right now. There's an emergency at the hospital. I'm really sorry but I guess we have to postpone our vacation" Jongin said, looking as disappointed as ever.

"It's okay. Go! Your patient needs you" I smiled, assuring him that I was fine. 

"I'm sorry Yoora-ssi" Jongin gave me a peck on the cheek before scurrying back inside, gathering his stuff.

Emm so I guess that's the bad side of having a doctor as your boyfriend, huh?

...

The night at the orphanage was so joyful. Boisterous laugh could be heard everywhere. Children were running around, chasing each other. The older one helped their caretakers with house chores while the younger one, were hyping each other without being tired despite of our event this morning.

The volunteers from my company had gone home earlier in the evening. The only one left were Sehun and I. The kids insisted for Sehun to stay. It was wild I would say. They climbed on his shoulder, tugging his shirt, pulling his arm, just to make him stay. Thus, Sehun relented and decided to have a night. The caretakers were more than welcomed to have us.

"Ahjumma, let's play" an adorable little girl tugged my wrist. Her eyes filled with anticipation. She had his hair tied in a tiny ponytail, making her look even cuter than she already had. How could I resist his girl?

"Alright, let's go" I caressed her chubby cheeks and smiled.

"Yeay!" The girl pulled me towards her friends who were playing with Sehun.

"Dad, I bring mom to you" I rounded my eyes to the girl's remark. Did she just said Sehun was their dad and I was their mom? Sehun looked up, looking so surprise as much as I was.

"Mo-mom?" I asked. The girl pulled me down to sit with the others.

"Yes right mom. When there is dad, there should be mom right? You don't want to be my mom?" She murmured. She looked like she was going to cry any soon. Sehun hurriedly took the girl and sat her on his lap.

"Aera--"

"No, no. Don't cry. Come here to mommy" I took her from Sehun and her hair. Pulling her closer to me, I nuzzled our nose together. The girl named Aera finally chuckled. I could not help but to laugh giddily as well.

"I want a hug too!" Another girl which was known as Minah placed her arm around my waist and leaned to my arm. I giggled.

"Alright come here" I wrapped her in my free arm. Soon all the kids swarmed around me. Instead of feeling burdened, I somehow was amused and felt sorry for them as well. These kids were either lost their parents or abandoned by them. Those ungrateful human being!

"Ahhh now you guys are going to leave dad now that you have mom?" Sehun acted as if he was hurt. He crossed his arm and pursed his lips. I threw him an incredulous look. Since when this man knew how to sulk?

"Daddyyy" Giggling, the kids scurried to Sehun. 

I watched as Sehun pulled the kids to his embrace, showering them his affection. Deep inside my heart, I somehow felt pain. It was as if my heart was pressed by an unknown force. The more I stared at Sehun and the kids, the more tightened was my chest.

"Mom, why are you crying?" Aera asked. Surprise, I wiped my wet cheeks. Okay, I did cry.

"Hey, are you okay? Did you hurt anywhere?" Sehun moved closer to me. 

"No. I'm fine. Just-- I don't know" The tears kept going out as if I was watching the saddest movie on earth. Sehun remained silence, gazing at me who was crying out of nowhere.

"Kids, mom is tired. Dad wants to bring mom to rest okay? You play with your own first" Sehun told the kids. Understood, the kids nodded and walked away to give us some space. When the kids were gone, Sehun pulled me into his embrace. My cry turned to a sob. 

"Oppa, why am I crying? Why it hurts so much here?" I hit my chest with my fist. It felt so suffocating.

"It's okay Yoora-ya. It's okay. You shouldn't come here. It's all my fault" Sehun pulled me closer and rested his chin on my head. I cried so hard that my head started to throb. As seconds went by, the pain was unbearable I could barely see anything.

"Yoora-ya!" My sight went pitch black.

...

I woke up to find myself trapped in that white world again. As usual, sound of piano being played was filling the air. Somehow, the melody was soothing even much more than before. I sat up and looked around despite there was nothing came into my sight.

"You're awake?" A familiar girl appeared with a glass of water in her hand. I stared at her as she placed herself beside me, handing me the water. I looked up at her, hesitated.

"Don't worry it's safe" the girl assured as if she could read what was playing in my mind. Slowly I took it and gave it a sip. That was refreshing! The little girl smiled as I drank all the water, quenching my thirst.

"Thank you" I thanked her. The girl gave me a nod.

"Emm who are you?" I asked after a brief a silence. The girl creased a smile.

"Are you myself from the past?" I guessed.

"Do you miss me?" She asked instead of answering. 

"What?" The girl chuckled to my baffled expression. Slowly, she moved closer to me. Placing her arms around my waist, she hugged me tight. She rested her head on my chest as she snuggled herself into me. Confused, I spoke no word. Hesitantly, I wrapped her small body in my arms.

"I miss you..." the little girl murmured.


My eyes fluttered open to find myself in an unfamiliar room. My eyes roamed around to recognize the place. Then it dawned to me it was one of the room at the orphanage. I guessed the dream had ended. My eyes then fell to a man who was sitting beside the bed, his head burried in his arms.

My gaze then made its way to my hand who found its place in Sehun's. The warmth of his hand felt really soothing. Instead of pulling out my hand , I let it be. I just felt like holding his hand. I did not know why but it felt so right, different from what I felt when I was with Jongin.

I stared at Sehun who was sleeping soundly despite the uncomfortable posture he had. He must be so tired. Suddenly I felt so distance from Sehun even though he was just next to me. It was like, this was not Sehun who I had known for years. My free hand slowly made its way to his head but halted when Sehun suddenly looked up.

"Oh, you've awake? Did you feel hurt anywhere?" Sehun croaked out. I shook my head. Sehun's gaze then fell to our interlocked hand. Instantly, he pulled out his hand which I was not sure why I should feel hurt. 

"If you're okay, I'll go to my room. We'll leave in the morning tomorrow" Sehun was about to step away when I pulled his arm. Sehun turned around with surprised look on his face.

"Oppa, can you please stay? I just--don't want to be alone tonight" I requested.

"Yoora-ya.." Sehun hesitated.

"Okay, just stay until I fell asleep. Uhm?" I did not want to give up. No matter what was the reason, I just wanted to be with Sehun. I knew I was being crazy but that was the only thing I wished. Having Sehun by my side.

Slowly, I pulled Sehun down to lie beside me. I could feel Sehun's stare on me but I just ignored it. I myself did not know what was going on with me but I placed my arms around his waist and snuggled myself in his arms as I leaned my head against his chest. Sehun slowly patted my shoulder, putting me back to sleep. Tears suddenly formed at the corner of my eyes. 

And again, I cried without knowing the reason.

...

The sound of the wave hitting the shore was filling the air. The scent of salty water wafted around as it was carried away by the wind. The sun was showering its light mildly, making the earth felt warm. I stared at my feet which were sank in the sand. It felt cold even though it was warm on the outside.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I turned my head upon hearing a familiar voice. A man stood beside me, throwing his gaze to the blue sea. I could not help but to daze at him. With the sunlight fell on his face, brightening his milky white complexion, an adorning smile on his face, I could not deny my heart did skip a beat.

"Shall we sit there?" Sehun turned his head to me and pointed to a spot not far from where we were standing. I nodded.

As we sat hugging our knees, we gazed at the calm ocean in front of us. They were not so many people because it was weekday thus it was quite and undeniably calming. As we basked ourselves in the warm sunlight, both of us were drown in our own thoughts. 

After we had our breakfast at the orphanage we excused ourselves. On our way back, Sehun stopped at a beach as if he could read my mind. He said since we had plenty of times left, we should enjoy ourselves which I could not agree more. It felt so refreshing after the hustle and bustle of life. Listening to the wave really calmed my hectic mind.

"It feels great!" I took a lungful of clean air which could not be find in the city of Seoul. Then I turned my head to Sehun. Instead of responding, he closed his eyes, appreciating every single moment.

The memory of last night flooded in. How I cried without no reason, the dream and Sehun. I could not deny I felt really comfortable in his embrace. The warmth he offered soothed me. It was like I just found the missing piece in me. Weirdly, I felt better when I was with Sehun than with Jongin. The uncomfortable feelings I had when I was with Jongin, disappeared.

Coming to the sea was indeed a healing. I needed to calm my mind to think better. I was out of my mind lately. I had continuous dejavu, weird dreams chasing after me and then I cried without knowing the reason. And I guessed Sehun needed one too. He too, cried often lately.

"You cried a lot these days" I said but Sehun remained silence, still having his eyes shut closed.

"I'm talking about you" I murmured. Sehun opened his eyes and swirled his head to look at me. 

"Is there anything bothering you?" I asked.

Sehun did cry a lot which he rarely did in these 12 years. When we visited Minguk in the hospital, he teared up. And then I found him crying in the yard. And these days when I woke up late at night, I could hear him cried in his room. And I never had the chance to ask him properly.

"You can tell me" I said when Sehun did not utter a word.

"How about you? Are you feeling better now?" Sehun tried to change the topic which I would not let him slipped.

"Oppa..we're talking about you now. You make me worried, you know? You rarely cry but lately, it's like the easiest thing to do for you. It's not like you have a terminal illness and you want to hide it from me right?" I narrowed my eyes at him. Sehun laughed to my assumptions.

"It's not like that.." Sehun looked away, avoiding my eyes.

"Then? Tell me so I can understand" I did not give up. Sehun turned his head around and looked at me in the eyes. His gaze was so soft that I was drown into it. We stared into each other eyes for a while before Sehun continued.

"I miss us, Kang Yoora" Sehun whispered softly as if he did not want me to hear it. 

"What?" I blinked my eyes in confusion. Sehun flashed a smile.

"Let's go. We need to go back now" Sehun got up and dusted off the sand from his . Without giving me a chance to ask further, Sehun made his way to the car.

Us?


 

 

Okay, I love that I miss us line LOL. Anyway, thank you for reading and subscribing! I'll give a lot of clues afterward don't worry. So have fun guessing! Ah, don't forget to leave some comments too! XOXO