Chapter 19

Who Are You, Secretary Oh?

I shot up from my bed with heavy breathing. My chest moved up and down as I tried to catch my breath. I took a lungful of air, calming myself. Swallowing a lump in my throat, my eyes then wandered around. It dawned to me that I was in my room. Sehun was nowhere to be seen. I turned my head to the window just to find that it was already bright outside as the sun had risen high. My husband must have gone to work.

So please be happy so that I can be happy too

Sera's voice rang at the back of my mind. I averted my gaze to Gege beside me. The corner of my lips turned upward. Sera visited me in my dreams. My daughter accompanied me in my dreams. Somehow, I felt I could breathe again. It was like a burden was lifted from my heart, making my heart felt at ease. The sound of an alarm from my phone made me flinched in surprise. I reached for my phone on the nightstand. A notification popped out. A reminder.

Our wedding anniversary

I gasped in shock. In instant, I opened the calender application, checking the date. It was indeed true. It was our wedding anniversary. Everything that happened made me forgot the most important day of my life. I did not even remember when was the last time I checked on dates and days. So, today remarked our third year of marriage. Guilt struck me. I did not even send my husband to work today. All I did was refusing everyone, making him worried.

Sehun oppa...I'm sorry

...

With caution, I took out the cake that I bought earlier. Secretary Yoon texted me that Sehun had left 20 minutes ago. I predicted him to be back in any moment. Arranging all the dishes I had prepared on the table at the yard, I creased a satisfied smile. My eyes then flitted to a present I hid under the table. I was lucky to have Baekhyun as my secretary. Without him I would never make it.

The moment I realized it was our wedding anniversary, it was already too late to prepare. Baekhyun then crossed my mind. Hastily, I dialed Baekhyun's number, asking him to help me. He bought the cakes, the ingredients to cook and in a short period of time, he managed to find the present I asked him to look for. Baekhyun even stayed to help me prepared the raw ingredients before he went back to the company. I could not thank him enough.

The sound of the front door being opened reached my eardrum. A smile made its way to my face. I fixed the dress I had put on, making sure it dangled perfectly just below my knees. I took off my hair band, letting my long hair down. Sehun liked it more when I had my hair untied. I heaved a lungful of air before making my way to the front. My heart beat even faster when Sehun came into my view.

"Yoo-Yoora" Sehun blinked his eyes a few times as if he could not believe his own eyes. 

"You--you look so--beautiful" Sehun looked at me from top to toe, almost dropping his jaw. Flustered, my cheeks turned a tad red. Clearing his throat, Sehun's eyes then roamed around.

"Where're mom and dad?" Sehun asked.

"They won't come home tonight" I gave Sehun a meaningful smile. Pacing closer to Sehun, I took out a scarf that I hid behind my back. Without uttering a word, I blindfolded Sehun with the scarf, covering his sight.

"Yoo--Yoora, wh--what are you doing?" Sehun stammered out in surprised. 

"Follow me, uhm?" I linked his arm in mine, leading the way. As we reached the yard, I took off the blindfold, revealing the small event I prepared for us. Gaping in surprise, Sehun's eyes wandered around. He turned his head to me, giving me his disbelief gaze.

"Happy anniversary for us" I gave Sehun a chaste kiss on his lips, stunning him. 

"Hon--honey. You--" 

"Why? Do you think I'll do nothing about our anniversary?" I let out a chuckle.

"Let's eat. I'm hungry" I pulled him to the table and sat him down. Instead of touching his food, Sehun dazed at me as if I did something wrong. Yes, I admitted I might look strange to Sehun. He saw me locking myself in the room for almost a week, did not even talk to anyone and then suddenly I became so cheerful.

"Oppa?" I swayed my hand in front of his eyes. Sehun did not give any respond, only blinking his eyes a few times. His lips quivered as if he wanted to say something but just could not bring himself to. I guessed my husband was having a hard time to believe what he was witnessing.

"Oppa, let's eat first uhm? It wouldn't taste good if it becomes cold" I beckoned him to eat.

"Ah-ahh okay" Sehun finally touched his food. 

In utter silence, we had our dinner. Only the sound of the cutlery could be heard. I smiled contentedly as I watched Sehun finished his food. It then dawned to me that it had been a long time since we last ate together. It was a week ago I assumed. And it felt nice to do it again. Sehun suddenly lifted his head, staring at me.

"Yoora-ya, what's going on? Why--this sudden change?" Sehun asked. I gave him a warm smile.

"Is the food taste good?" I answered him with another question.

"Y-yeah. It's--delicious" Sehun said with a baffled expression on his face, did not even focus on my question.

"Really? It's a relief then. I'm worried it might taste bad because I made them hastily" I let out a laugh, trying to lift up the mood. But, Sehun still had his bewildered face on. His eyes never left me even for a second.

"Yoora-ya, may I know why are you suddenly behaving this way? You didn't talk at all for a week and then suddenly you--" Sehun furrowed.

"You're scaring me, honey. You make me worried. You're not thinking of something weird, are you?" Sehun asked. Worrisome could be trace in his tone. 

"Oppa, should we sit there?" I pointed to a gazebo placed in the middle of the yard. I stood up, making my way to Sehun. I pulled out my hand, offering it to Sehun. He looked up at me before taking my hand. Interlacing our fingers, I led my husband to the gazebo to have a sit there. I rested my head on Sehun's shoulder before averting my gaze to the night sky.

"Too bad, there's no star tonight" I muttered. Sehun remained silence, waiting patiently. I turned my head to Sehun, locking our gaze. Bringing his hand to my lips, I dropped a kiss on it.

"Oppa, remember I told you about the little girl who always comes to my dream?" I asked. Sehun nodded as a respond. I gave Sehun a smile.

"The girl was Sera. Since I have my memories back, I recognized her. Even though she appeared as a five years old girl, her smile was still the same. If and only if I recognize her earlier..." A sigh of regret slipped from my lips.

"Yoora-ya..." Sehun gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. I took a lungful of air before I continued.

"Our daughter is really pretty. If she's still alive, I'm sure she'll grow up to a very beautiful lady" I swallowed hard, trying to suppress the urge to cry. Sehun squeezed my hand lightly, giving me some strength to continue.

"Sera, she's a good daughter. Even after what had happened, she doesn't hate me. Instead, she said she loves me. She loves--both of us. She wants me to be happy. She said she can't go peacefully because I keep crying" I bit my lower lips as the image of Sera, smiling, appeared before my eyes.

"So I made a promise with her, I promise to our daughter, that--that I'll always smile" I could not suppress my tears anymore. Sehun pulled me into his arms, embracing me with his warmth. 

"Oppa, I'm so sorry for making you worried. I'm sorry for all these times. I'm sorry for all the pains you bear all alone. I'm sorry for being so selfish. I'm sorry for erasing our memories. I thought--I thought if you didn't marry me, you'll never have to go through all these. That's why I can only remember you as my secretary. I'm so sorry. I'm so selfish" I muffled in my cry. Sehun pulled back, holding me by my arms instead.

"Yoora my honey, look at me" Sehun said with the soft tone of his. Slowly, I lifted my head and looked into his eyes.

"I never blame you. I know it's hard for you too. It's just we both have different ways to heal ourselves. I never think you're selfish. And I want you to know, that I'm very glad that you're still here by my side. Without you, I don't think I can go through all these" Sehun paused to wipe my tears.

"So Yoora-ya, just how you make a promise with our daughter, promise me, that you will never cry again. Smile and let's start new. Just how Sera wants us to be" Sehun my hair before cupping my cheeks.

"I love you Kang Yoora. And I'll always be" Sehun leaned closer and kissed my forehead, longer than he used to. He pulled away and smiled.

"Stop crying! We're celebrating our wedding anniversary" Sehun chided. I wiped my remaining tears and let out a soft chuckle.

"Right. We're celebrating" I scratched my head awkwardly. Then it crossed my mind that I had a gift to give.

"Ah wait here oppa" I stood up and made my way to the  table, taking the present I prepared for Sehun. I went back to my husband who had his eyes on me all the times. Noticing the small box in my hand, Sehun quirked a brow.

"It's not much. But yeah--a gift" I gave it to Sehun. Slowly Sehun reached for it and carefully opened it.

"A watch and it's--" Sehun took out the watch I bought for him and traced its glass with his index finger.

"Yeah, I asked them to carve our name on it. So that you'll always remember us no matter where you're. Se for Sehun and Ra for Yoora. Combining our names, we'll have SeRa, our daughter" I smiled. Sehun looked into my eyes, did not say a word. 

"And another small gift is--" I leaned closer to him and kissed him on the cheeks.

"I love you--" Sehun captured my lips, did not allow me to finish my sentence. He pulled back for a while and chuckled.

"I know, you love me" Sehun cupped my cheeks and locked our lips again. His hand traveled to my back, kissing me deeper. Then I felt my back zip was pulled. I placed my hand around Sehun's neck, allowing Sehun to lift me up. A chuckle slipped my lips as Sehun nuzzled our nose together.

"You're getting lighter" Sehun suddenly said as he brought me into our room. I chortled.

"Am I?" My playful hand made its way to Sehun's chest, unbottoning his shirt one by one. A naughty smirk crept on Sehun's face. Placing me on the bed, Sehun got himself on me. He captured my lips again before pulling back for a while. He gazed deeply into my eyes. His finger traced my eyes down to my lips. 

"You're so beautiful Kang Yoora" Sehun whispered seducingly. I let out a soft chuckle.

"And I'm yours"

...

Lying on his side, Sehun had his head propped up by his arms. His loving eyes was looking deep into mine. Pulling the comforter up a little bit, Sehun covered my bare skin. Gently, he patted me on my arm, trying to put me to sleep. Smiling, I moved closer and rested my head on his chest. That was when I saw a long scar on his right chest. 

"You can't sleep?" I heard Sehun whispered softly.

"Oppa..." I traced the scar with my finger. I looked up to my husband.

"You lied when you said this scar was from your childhood right? You never have a scar on your body" Actually, I did notice it before but Sehun told me it was from his childhood days. Of course I believed his words since I had lost my memories. But now that my memories were back, I guessed I knew where did it come from.

"It--It's from the accident, am I right?" I asked hesitantly, knitting my brows together. Sehun creased a smile and kissed me on my forehead.

"Why are you making such face? It's already healed" Sehun pinched my nose lightly, scrunching up my face. Sehun placed his arm around my body, pulling me closer to him. His hand patted me gently on my arm.

"That three months, you didn't leave me because of the guilt, am I right? You--" I hesitated, did not even sure what was actually happening.

"I was in rehabilation" Sehun answered with a smile on his face as if it was nothing to him. I gave him a sorry look, feeling guilty. Sehun let out a sigh.

"Honey, please, don't blame yourself again. I'm fine, uhm? See? I can still hold you in my arms like this" Sehun hugged me tight.

"And do this" Sehun kissed me on my forehead.

"And this" He dropped a kiss on my nose.

"And also this" He lifted my head and pressed his lips against mine. He then gazed into my eyes.

"Yoora-ya, let's start new, uhm? Let's make another sweet memories together. I can't do it alone without you" Sehun traced my cheeks lovingly. Smiling, I nodded.

"Alright. Let's start new. With happy memories" I cupped Sehun's cheeks and kissed him on the lips. Deepening our kiss, I let my lips lingered on his for a while. Then, I pulled back and snuggled into his embrace.

"Let's sleep. I'm getting sleepy" I rested my head on his bare chest. I heard Sehun chuckled.

"Alright. Good night honey" Sehun dropped a kiss on my forehead before he continued.

"And I love you"

 



So basically, Yoora thought everything happened because Sehun married her. If Sehun did not like her, Sehun will not marry her and Sera will not born. If Sera was not born, then all the pains will vanish. So, that's why she erased all her memories regarding her love stories with Sehun. Got it? So....the end? LOL NO! As long as you don't see the completed mark, it means this story doesn't end yet! Hoho! I'll give an extra chapter for my dear readers XOXO But for now, I'll give a small gift LOL Maybe you guys are curious on what actually happened to Sehun during the three months he 'left' Yoora? So go go! 



Sehun threw his gaze to the yard outside. It had been a week since he was discharged after being in the hospital for two months. It also meant it was already a week since he lived with his sister, Raon. He admitted it was more lively than in the hospital since Minkyu and Ara never quite down. However, his loneliness was never ceased. In fact, it kept growing.

Averting his gaze to his phone on the nightstand, Sehun reached for it. His phone immediately lighted up, showing him the picture of his family. His wife and his daughter. His heart began to wrench tight, giving him pain. The pain of longing. It had been almost two months since he last saw Yoora for that he was lying unconscious for the whole one month. Never he thought, everything had changed in that one month.

He woke up to the sight of his parents-in-law, instead of his wife and his daughter who he really longed for. Did not cross his mind that they would deliver him such a heart-wrenching news. His one and only daughter died and his wife almost killed herself because of guilt. Sehun thought it was more than enough but then, he came to know that his wife did not remember him as a husband anymore. He was just a secretary of hers, like the old days. Sehun remembered how hard he cried that day.

"Sehun-ah. It's mom" Sehun heard a familiar voice from the outside. Not long after, the knob was turned, revealing a woman behind it. Sehun flashed a smile as she paced closer.

"How's your condition? Better?" His mother-in-law gave him a gentle touch on the shoulder.

"Yes. Thanks to you who always send me a lot of good food, this son of yours is getting better and better" Sehun let out a soft chuckle. Mrs Kang Sehun's hair, showering her affection. She knew Sehun needed support, especially in his current condition.

"How's Yoora? Is she fine?" Sehun asked. His mother-in-law creased a smile and nodded.

"Yeah she's fine. She still asked about you" A bitter smile crept on Sehun's face. Funny, because the feeling of happiness and sadness conflicted with each other in his heart. He was happy for that Yoora was still thinking of him. But sadly, Yoora remembered him as a secretary, not as her husband.

"Does she still believe that I ran from her?" Sehun swallowed hard. With a sorrowful smile, Mrs Kang nodded.

For the sake of Yoora's safety, her parents needed to make up a great lie. They told her, she was in an terrible accident to the extent she erased the memories regarding the accident. When Yoora asked about him, they told her that he left because of guilt. The guilt for not being able to protect her. Thus, Yoora would stop looking for him. It hurt but Sehun knew it was the best for Yoora. If she found him lying unconscious in the hospital, her dark memories might be triggered and she would try to kill herself again.

Sehun would not let that happened again. Sehun could not afford to lose Yoora. Not after he lost his one and only daughter, Sera. So if Yoora chose to erase the memories of him as a husband to protect herself, Sehun did not mind. To him, it was fine. As long as Yoora was safe, he would be fine, even though it meant he needed to sacrifice his heart. If Yoora wanted to remember him as a secretary, that was exactly what he would do.

"Sehun-ah, get better soon and come back, okay? You're still my son even though Yoora forgot you as her husband. We'll be waiting for you. We'll take care of her together, uhm?" Mrs Kang pulled Sehun into her embrace and patted his back, giving him all the strength he needed.

"Thank you, mom" The warmth from his mother-in-law made his tears fell.

"Be strong, my son. I love you" 

...

Sehun gazed to the huge mansion in front of him which belonged to his parents-in-law. The house where his wife was grown up. The place where he and his wife first met. After three months, he came back, completely healed. Taking a lungful of air, Sehun keyed in the password and opened the entrance. His heart thumped hard against his chest, feeling nervous to see his wife after a long time.

"Op--oppa.." Before Sehun managed to enter the house, a voice averted his attention. He turned his head to be greeted by Yoora's surprised face. Immediately, Yoora dashed towards him, hugging him tight.

"Oppa! Where did you go?! What take you so long to come back? I miss you...." Yoora bumped her head on his chest. Sehun remained silence, still in daze. His whole body tensed up, did not know how to react. Refraining the urge to hold Yoora, his hand turned into a fist. After a while, Yoora pulled back.

"Why aren't you saying anything? Do you know how hard it is for me at the company without you? Do you know how hard for me to handle things without you?" Yoora sputtered. Instead of answering, Sehun stared at his wife who he longed so much.

You're still beautiful as ever honey...but why do you look thinner...

"Oppa, do you still--" Yoora paused to discern the look on Sehun's face. Taking a lungful of air, Yoora reached for Sehun's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Oppa, it's not your fault I got into that accident. I'm not mad at you. So please don't feel guilty, uhm? Promise me, don't leave me again" Yoora murmured. Sehun did not give any respond. His heart ached so much he barely breathe. 

Yoora my honey, I want to hold you so bad...

"Oppa? Promise me!" Yoora raised a tone.

"P-promise" Sehun swallowed hard. Slowly, Yoora smiled.

"Good! Come in! Mom and dad will be so glad to see you!" Yoora grabbed Sehun by his wrist, leading him inside. As Yoora dragged him with her, Sehun gazed at her.

Honey, I miss you and, I love you...