Chapter 1

Who Are You, Secretary Oh?

"Secretary Oh, where is the file I--"

"It's in your right drawer, CEO Kang"

"Secretary Oh, for lunch--"

"Today you have a lunch with board of directors at Kyung Meal"

"That land is--"

"It's owned by JM Group, CEO Kang"

"Eh? When did--"

"Last month. But don't worry. I did some research and I found a land near Myeondong that will give us a lot more benefit. I'll prepare the paper for you to review"

"About the new project--"

"We can't proceed the project this month, CEO Kang. It will collide with the GMall Project we're working on. Instead, I suggest we start the project next month when our employers are fully prepared. Their efficiency are our priorities"

"Great!" I smiled at my perfect, flawless secretary, Oh Sehun. I was not even exaggerating. He was really perfect in every way. Sehun nodded and threw his gaze to the window as we made our way back to the company.

I sneaked a glance to Sehun, gazing at his chiseled face. Sometimes I was amazed on how I managed to have this deadly handsome man by my side for almost 12 years. People said I was lucky. Yes, I was indeed. Sehun was not just a handsome man but handsome with brain.

When my dad took him in as my secretary, Sehun was offered high education along with me oversea. So beside studying, Sehun took care of me, from managing my schedule to helping me with my study. Even though he started later than me, he was able to catch up and even scored better! The best actually in our university.

After we graduated, we came back and started our career. I became a CEO and Sehun became my secretary. A very very credible, fantastic secretary. If I was the heart of the company, he was the brain. As how the heart could not function without the brain, so did I. I could not live without Sehun. 

When I had trouble to communicate with our clients from all around the world, Sehun helped me a lot. He could speak a lot of languages to the extent I thought he was a native speaker. The current market? Aha! Just at the back of his head, in country and overseas. I could not thank God enough for Sehun's presence in my life. 

"Uhm, CEO Kang? Is there anything you would like me to do?" Sehun asked, bringing me back from my trance. I blinked a few times, realizing I was staring at him for a long time.

"Ah-uhm nothing" I averted my gaze to the window, hiding my bashful face.

Oh my god that's so embarrassing!

...

A familiar melody echoed in each nook and crook of the white space I was trapped in. I paced around as if I was possessed by the rythm. The way the pianist hit the note was so perfect that the melody was so calming. I walked and walked, looking for the faceless pianist.

As soon as the music ended, the world I was in began to crumple down. Cracks were appearing here and there. Before I could decipher the situation I was thrown into, I fell into a deep hole below my feet. I opened my mouth, crying for help but strangely no voice came out. I closed my eyes as I fell deeper and deeper, ready to face my death.


"Yoora, wake up. Wake up" My eyelids fluttered open when I heard my name. The image of Sehun came first into my sight. I look around and found myself in the car. Ah yes I'm going back home. Dinner. I'm hungry

"Are you okay?" Concern could be trace in Sehun's voice. 

"You're sweating" Sehun instantly took out his handkerchief and wiped the sweat trickling down my sideburn, surprising me. 

"Err, oppa, let me do it" I took the handkerchief in his hand and wiped my forehead. Now I felt my face was getting warmer. Oh yes, when our office hour was up, I would call him oppa.

"Ah alright" Sehun rubbed the nape of his neck, realizing he was over-reacting. He cleared his throat before continuing.

"Is it that dream again?" Sehun asked to get rid of the awkwardness between us. I took a deep breath before throwing my gaze to the view outside.

"Yeah" I gave him a short reply. No need for further explanation because the dreams had been haunting me for months since the accident which took away a part of my memories and Sehun was well aware of that.

Yes I was in an accident about 5 months ago. Weirdly, I failed to recall any of the memories of the accident. Doctors said it was just my self-defense as the accident might had put me in a lot of shock. The last thing I remembered was that I was on the phone with my client. The dream I always had after that accident, I was sure it had something to do with the memories that I had erased. 

The dream, it was always the same. The place, the melody, me falling and then I would wake up. I tried to find the song everywhere but it was nowhere to be found. It was as if the melody was made just for me to listen. Too bad I could not play piano which made it hard for me to look for it. Thus I just gave up.

"Emm there's nothing on my schedule after this right?" I asked after a long silence.

"Yes. Oh by the way" Sehun took out a white envelope from his briefcase. I took the envelope and raised a brow.

"Our employee, Seo Jaeyi-ssi invites you to her wedding this Saturday. She left the invitation card to me when you had your meeting earlier" Sehun explained.

"Ah Jaeyi-ssi! Oh my God! She is getting married now? Woah I feel like it's just yesterday I hired her" I exclaimed. Sehun just smiled, nodding to the undeniable fact.

Jaeyi was one of the employees who had worked in my company for so long. She was just 21 when she came and now she was going to be someone's wife. She was quite close with me and I could not deny that she was one of my favorite employees. She was like a younger sister to me.

"Woah Jaeyi had grown up so much. Aigoo, when can I find a man and have my own family?" I murmured. Sehun just remained silence, listening to my rants.

"Oppa, should I go to a blind date?" I turned my head to Sehun. Surprised, Sehun rounded his eyes. He blinked his eyes several times as if he did not believe my words. Of course he would! I never thought of dating before. I was just too busy with works.

"B-blind date?" Sehun asked with incredulous look on his face.

"Yeah, blind dates. You know where a man and woman meet up and get to know each other, trying to find whether they fit each other or not" I paused, trying to read the gaze in Sehun's eyes. But it just unreadable. So I continued.

"Actually, I've been thinking of this matter lately. I'm almost 29 but still single. When I see my friends one by one getting married and have a family of their own, I'm kind of jealous. I'm kind of emm want to find a man. What do you think?" I asked Sehun. Sehun averted his gaze to the head rest in front of him. Instead of answering, Sehun remained silence which did not like him at all.

"Sehun oppa?" I called out his name. Sehun was about to answer when his phone rang.

"Yes madam" Sehun said a few yes before ending the call.

"My mom?" Sehun nodded to my question.

"She asked where we are. Your parents said they're home" Sehun informed.

"Ah really? I thought they want to stay longer in Venice" My parents went for a vacation for a week and usually they would drop by at any country but I guessed my dad was tired. He just recovered from a cold though. 

"They're waiting for us to have dinner" Sehun continued. I nodded. Sehun lived with our family since the first day my dad brought him home, extinguishing the word lonely in my life

For a moment, I forgot about my pathetic love life.
...

"How was Venice?" I asked my mom as I sipped my stew. Oh my God, this stew felt so fantastic! Is it because I am very hungry?

"Super super great! I'm thinking of staying longer but too bad your dad was sneezing and coughing the whole week" My mom glared at my dad.

"Now you're blaming me??" My dad rounded his eyes.

"I didn't say it's your fault" Instead of being bothered, mom was being indifferent towards dad. I just shook my head. My parents and their playful acts. How I wish I can be like them..

"Ah right! Mom, dad! Remember this one girl that used to wear big spectacles, had her hair braided all the times, Seo Jaeyi. She's getting married!" As if it was my own wedding, I beamed brightly.

"Ah Seo Jaeyi! Woah say my congrats to her later!" My dad exclaimed. 

"Ahhh I wish I can get married too.." My statement unexpectedly stopped my parents from scooping their food. My mom looked up at me and then flitted her gaze to Sehun who was calmly eating beside me. There was this tense air I was feeling before my mom suddenly changed the topic.

"Sehun-ah, is the stew fine for you?" My mom asked Sehun.

"Ah yes madam" Sehun nodded.

"Mom! I'm talking about my status here! Aren't you worried your 29 years old girl is still single and not married? All moms out there will freak out if they have me as their daughter!" I scoffed in disbelief.

I was not even lying when I said my mom did not mention about marriage at all. It was like she did not want me to have my own man! No matter how hard I try to understand her, I just could not! 

"So you have to be grateful to have me as your mom" My mom was being nonchalant again.

"Mom!" I growled.

"Alright if you really want to get married, are you dating someone right now?" My mom threw me a question which shut my mouth closed.

"See. I even doubt you know any potential man" My mom smirked.

"It's okay honey. You can just marry Sehun" Sehun choked on his drink upon hearing my dad's suggestion and I could help to round my eyes to that suggestion! I was glad I was not chewing anything or I was very sure I was going to spit it out.

"Dad!" I almost yelled.

"What about it? Your dad is right! I agree. Sehun is a nice man. He's brilliant, caring and handsome! Also, he has been with you for years already. You know each other well. I should just marry you both off" I guessed my dad got my mother's back.

Okay, it was not like I hate Sehun or anything. Yes, I admitted Sehun was perfect and all. He was not too old for me either since our was just 3 years.
 It was just, I could not cross that brother-sister line I had drawn years ago. He was my secretary after all. I just could not afford to marry my own secretary!

"Sehun-ah, do you want to marry our Yoora?" Is it only me or I found Sehun's cheeks had reddened a tad.

"Dad. Stop it! You're embarrassing both of us!" Okay now I regretted for bringing up the marriage topic. My dad let out a huge laughter.

"Alright let's stop here. Sehun-ah, this old man is sorry okay?" I heaved a relief breath. Finally he stopped!

"No, it's fine, Mr Kang" Sehun shook his head. My dad chuckled.

"Would you accompany me to watch football match tonight?" My dad asked.

"Sure Mr Kang" I shook my head to Sehun's obedience. This man never knew how to say no. He just agreed to my dad's request despite the fact we needed to go early for my presentation tomorrow!

I guessed that was one of the reasons my dad loved Sehun so much. My dad met him in an orphanage when our company held a volunteer work there. Sehun was 20 years old back then. My dad wanted to give an opportunity to Sehun because my dad believed he could go far. Yoora agreed to that because Sehun approved them with his flying colours results.

"Dad, don't make oppa stay up too late. He needs to wake up early tomorrow" I knew Sehun would never bring it up so I did it for him.

"Look how cared you're for him. Tell me if this isn't love" my mom interlaced her hands in gusto which irked me.

"Mom!"

...

"Thank you for coming CEO Kang" Han Minguk, the head of planning team lowered his head as a sign of gratitude. 

"It's not something to thank for. My best planner is suddenly sick. Of course I would come to see you!"  Minguk was admitted to the hospital last night. Her wife told me that Minguk had gallstones in his bladder and needed surgery. Thus, I rushed to the hospital once my presentation finished.

I signalled Sehun to come forward. Nodded, Sehun handed Minguk a check. Minguk shifted his gaze to me as if he was asking for permission. With a smile, I nodded. Hesitantly, Minguk took the check. Looking at the amount stated, Minguk rounded his eyes. His lips was quavering as if he wanted to say something. Before he managed to utter a word, I continued.

"A little gift from me. I know you're going to have a baby soon. I heard it's twin? And now you need to go through surgery and all. So, consider that as your bonus. You deserve it" Smiling, I gave him a thumb-up. 

"CEO Kang, thank you so much! I don't know how to repay your kindness!" Minguk's eyes were glazing as of he was going to cry any soon. 

"You can repay me by creating bombastic ideas as you use to do" I chuckled.

"Yes of course! I'll promise I'll recover as soon as possible and come back to work!" Minguk bowed a few times. I turned my head to his wife who was sitting beside the bed, beaming. My gaze fell at her growing tummy. Wait, why do I feel familiar?

"When is your due date?" I asked her.

"In 2 months, CEO Kang" gently, she caressed her womb. 

We had a small talk for a while before Sehun and I made our way back. I swirled my head to look up at Sehun who remained silence since we met Minguk earlier. That tight expression on his face, it was like he was thinking of something really deep. 

"Oppa" I called out for him but Sehun did not respond.

"Sehun oppa!" I squeezed his arm to stop him from walking. I turned his body to face me just to find that his eyes were teary. O--okay, there was really something wrong with Sehun.

"Oppa, are you okay? Why are you crying?" Sehun looked up as if he was holding his tears. 

"Oppa, did I say something wrong?" I murmured when Sehun did not utter a word. He kept avoiding my eyes which made me worried. 

"Yoora-ya, excuse me for a while. I need to go to the washroom" with that, Sehun left me bewildered with his sudden change. Did Minguk's condition hit him that much? Or did I really hurt him? I was about to follow him when someone bumped into me. 

"I'm sorry I--" out of sudden the man passed out and leaned his body against me! Judging from his white coat, he must be one of the doctors here. Okay, this man was definitely too heavy for my body to support him. My legs started to waver. I was wearing heels!

"Doctor! Hey, are you okay?? Anyone help!!"

...

I watched as the nurses attended the doctor. Gladly, he had regain his consciousness. Fixing my eyes on the man, I gazed at him. I could not deny his visual did caught my attention. I could not believe a deadly handsome doctor really existed in this world. I thought it was in dramas only. 

"Thank you for earlier" the man spoke up but his voice sounded weak.

"Nah, it's fine" My eyes fell at the name on his coat. Kim Jongin. Dr Kim, huh?

"I can't believe I passed out in front of a stranger" Playing with the back of his ears, Jongin let out a short chuckle. I could not help but to smile at this beautiful view my eyes were blessed with. This doctor was not ordinary! From his look to his small act, everything was just, mesmerizing!

"Nah--" I was about to reply him when my phone vibrated. Taking out my phone, Sehun's name appeared on the screen. Oh God! Sehun!

"Emm I think I need to go now" with a heavy heart, I excused myself. Where can I find a gorgeous man like him again?

"Ah alright. Anyway thank you again" he flashed a smile and I swore, my heart did skip a beat. Staying here any longer would not do any good for my heart. I bowed and made my leave. As I walked away, I placed my hand on my chest, feeling the thumping of my heart. I rounded my eyes in surprise.

Oh-oh, what just happened to me?

...

The crowd was cheering as the bride walked in. I swore Jaeyi looked stunning! With the white dress, the makeup, the hair done, she was like a different person! My eyes shifted to her groom who was staring at her, completely mesmerized by Jaeyi. I could not help but to smile at this lovely sight. 

Jaeyi walked down the aisle, with several flower girls behind her, throwing rose petals. Jaeyi was like a queen who was meeting her eternal king. Strangely, all these seemed so familiar to me. As if I had been the one who was walking down the aisle. Was it a dejavu?

"Are you okay Yoora?" Sehun asked when he found me seemed out of place. I turned my body to Sehun.

"Ah yes. I just--" I stopped when another image flashed in front of my eyes. I blinked my eyes a few times. I think..I just saw Sehun..ring.. 

"Yoora?" Sehun squeezed my hand gently. I shook my head to bring back my sanity. That was such an unbelievable dejavu!

"Ah nothing I'm just too stunned with Jaeyi" I averted my gaze back to Jaeyi who was already standing beside her groom. They were smiling at each other, a smile which meant everything to them.

"Yeah, she is really pretty" Sehun said as he gave his attention to this historical moment of Jaeyi and her husband. 

I sneaked a glance at Sehun who was completely into the event. My attention however was not on Jaeyi's anymore. The dejavu that flashed before my eyes earlier really took a toll on me. Wow! I did dream of marrying Sehun! I just saw him sliding a ring into my finger! I could feel heat was rising to my cheeks. 

I shook my head as I took a lungful of air. Deciding not to bother on it anymore, I diverted my focus on the couple who was announcing their promises with each other. The crowd got wilder when the couple kissed, which amused me. The highlight of any wedding I guess?

A congratulatory video was then played. Okay, I saw my face there. That was just embarrassing. I did not know I could say those cheesy lines. Sehun was in the video as well. I could hear the guests whispering things like "oh gosh so handsome!" "Look at that visual!" bla bla. But I could not help but to feel proud as well. I felt like boasting 'Hey, that handsome man lives with me!'

I took off my eyes from the screen just to find Sehun was looking at me. I blinked a few times to make sure I was not imagining things again. Yes, he was. I was about to open my mouth when Sehun leaned closer to me, reducing our gap. I held my breath to the sudden proximity.

Sehun looked at me in the eyes, locking our gaze. I tried to utter something but my mouth was sealed. I did not know how long we stared at each other but the only thing I knew was that I had this unexplainable feelings lingering inside me. Sehun's gaze then fell to my cheeks before he brushed something off using his thumb.

"There's something on your face" Sehun pulled away and had his eyes on the screen again, acting as if he did not do anything wrong. 

"Ah thanks" I murmured. Now that Sehun removed his face I could finally breathe. I placed my palm on my cheeks, feeling the heat spreading on it. I bit my lower lips in embarrassment. What was I thinking?!

Damn dejavu!

...

"Congratulation Jaeyi-ssi!" Pulling Jaeyi into a hug, I congratulated her. Jaeyi let out a chuckle.

"Thank you CEO Kang!" Jaeyi flashed me a smile. 

"Congratulation Jaeyi-ssi. Your husband must be so lucky to have a very beautiful woman beside him" Sehun praised Jaeyi which made her blush. 

"Secretary Oh. That's too much!" Jaeyi giggled. 

"What so happy my dear?" Jaeyi's husband came and placed his arm around Jaeyi's waist. 

"Ah honey. This is our company CEO, Kang Yoora and this is her secretary, Oh Sehun. So this is my husband, Ahn Jaehyun" Jaeyi introduced us to her husband. We bowed, greeting each other.

"Nice to meet both of you" Jaehyun creased a smile.

"Jaehyun! Woahhh you're a married man now!" A man suddenly showed up, shifting our attention to him. As he made his way towards us, I began to recognize him. I know this man! Kim Jongin. That doctor. Doctor Kim. Jaehyun rounded his eyes in disbelief.

"Sunbae! You came? I thought you can't make it!" Jaehyun hugged Jongin.

"The surgery finished earlier so I rushed here. Congratulation!" Jongin congratulated Jaehyun before averting his gaze to Jaeyi.

"Jaeyi-ssi. Congratulation! Woah how dare you guys to hide your relationship from me and just send me your invitation card?" Jongin shook his head. Jaeyi just chuckled.

"Sorry oppa. Anyway, CEO Kang, Secretary Oh, this is our senior back in highschool. Kim Jongin. He's a doctor" Jaeyi introduced Jongin to us. Jongin's eyes halted at me and our eyes met. Oh man, what was this coincidence? Did God just listen to my wish?

"We met again, Yoora-ssi?" Jongin stepped closer to me, giving me that killer smile of his. 

"You guys know each other?" Jaeyi asked with puzzled look on her face. Even Sehun was burning a hole in me, demanding an explanation. Before I could say anything, Jongin answered in my place.

"No" Jongin paused. Setting his gaze on mine, Jongin creased a meaningful smile, flustering me before he continued.

"More than that"

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love to read comments so do leave some! Thank you for reading anyway!