Chapter 15

Who Are You, Secretary Oh?

"CEO Kang, you're here!" Secretary Yoon bowed in instant when he caught my glimpse at the entrance. I gave him a nod. My neck craned out, looking for the sight of my husband. Seeing he was not around, I took a sigh of relief.

"Ah, are you looking for CEO Oh?" Secretary Yoon guessed.

"He's meeting a client for a while. But I'm not sure if he'll be back in--"

"No no. I'm here for Vice President Oh. Is she around?" I asked.

"Ahhh our Vice President? I thought you're looking for CEO Oh. You always come here for him anyway" Secretary Yoon scratched the back of his head awkwardly. Yes I always came for Sehun but not today. In fact, it was better if Sehun did not even know I came here.

"She's in her office" Secretary Yoon informed.

After thanking him, I made my way up to see Raon. I heaved a lungful of air to calm myself. Bumping into Secretary Yoon earlier almost gave me a heart attack. I remembered Sehun saying he had an important client to meet today thus bringing me into a decision to come to his company as he would not be around. Seeing Secretary Yoon made me think Sehun was still in the company. I did not know he would leave his secretary behind.

"Oh? Eonni!" Raon gave me a hug as soon as she saw me coming in. 

"Why are you here? Ahhh do you come for my oppa?" Raon asked. Letting out a soft chuckle, I shook my head.

"No. I come here to see you" I said. Raon raised a brow, probably bewildered by the fact that I was looking for her instead of my husband.

"Why? Is there anything wrong?" Raon held me by shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze, sniffing something wrong.

"Why? Did you fight with my oppa? Did oppa yell at you?" Raon's ridiculous assumptions brought me a huge laughter. I shook my head in respond.

"Raon-ah. Do you want to have some coffee with me?" I flashed a smile. Quirking a brow, Raon tilted her head sideway.

"Sure"

...

"Eonni, is there anything wrong?" Raon asked forwardly as soon as I brought the coffee to our seat. Her curiousity somehow amused me, making me chortled.

"Do I need to have 'something wrong' to see my sister? Drink this coffee first. It tastes the best when it's still hot" I handed her the coffee I bought for her. 

"Okay done. Now what is it?" Raon asked after having a sip.

"I just want to see you and have a chat together. We have a lot to catch up aren't we?" I denied.

"Eyy you're lying. You just came to my house two days before! We had a long chat, remember? Eonni, I can see it in your face. It's so damn obvious! There's something bothering you, right?" Raon narrowed her eyes to me.

"Is it that obvious?" Rubbing the nape of my neck, I let out an awkward laugh. Raon nodded. 

"Alright. What is it? This pretty dongsaeng will lend her ears. Tell me all, without leaving a single detail!" Raon reached for my hand and gave a reassuring squeeze. I smiled subtly to Raon's joke. Taking a deep breath, I looked into Raon's eyes.

"Raon-ah, you know Sera, right?" My question unexpectedly drained colour from Raon's face. I gave Raon a weak smile.

"Sehun told me about her. I made him to. I can't remember her but my instinct strongly told me that I had a kid before. And since I kept crying when I saw a child, I became more sure with my prediction. I guess it's my mother instinct" I let out a fake laugh. The thought of Sera pressed my chest hard.

"What did oppa tell you?" Raon asked hesitantly.

"He said, Sera passed away when she was very young. Sera was very sick but he didn't tell me more about it" I murmured. 

"Actually, I want to see you today to ask whether you have a picture of her. I really want to see her but Sehun did not let me. I tried to look for it myself but there's not even a single photo of Sera in my house" I paused for a while. Raon averted her gaze from me. Letting out a sigh, I reached for Raon's hand and squeezed it gently.

"Eo--eonni" Raon stammered out.

"Raon-ah, you're a mom, right? So you know the feelings well, right? You'll miss your kids even though it's just hours that you left them and you'll feel very happy to see them when you go back home. So you understand me right?" I paused again. Biting my lower lips, I refrained the urge to cry.

"Raon-ah, I miss my daughter. Even though I didn't have any memories of her, my heart longs for her. It hurts everytime her name slips from my lips. I want to see how did she look like. Once is more than enough. I--" my voice trailled off as my eyes began to swell with tears.

"Eonni..." Raon squeezed my hand. Letting out a defeated sigh, Raon took out her phone.

"I'll show you her picture but don't tell oppa, okay?" Raon looked for Sera's picture in her gallery.

"Thank you Raon-ah! Thank you" I wiped my tears hastily and anxiously waited for Raon. 

It felt like a miracle. I thought I had lived my 29 years as a single woman but just in a blink of eye, I already had a husband and now a daughter? This memory lost made everything looked like a miracle, a wonderful miracle. The corner of my lips turned upward as my mind started to imagine how my daughter looked like. Did she look like me? Or Sehun? 

"Here" Raon was about to give me her phone when a hand snatched it away.

"What do you think you're doing Oh Raon?" A voice growled. Raon's eyes widened when they caught the sight of the voice owner. 

"Op--oppa" Raon's face became pale as Sehun came imto her sight. Sehun returned the phone to his sister before averting his gaze to me. His eyes were filled with disappointment mixed with rage. I gulped nervously.

"Follow me" 

...

I let out a sigh as I stared at the full moon, hanging on the night sky. I guessed watching the stars and the moon had became a habit of mine. I lost count on how many times I ended up gazing at the sky, questioning my fate. Sehun's upset expression earlier in the morning did not leave my mind. When he took me out from the cafe, Sehun did not utter a single word. He quietly drove me back to my company and left.

"Darling, what are you doing out here?" My mom placed her arm around my shoulder. I gave her a weak smile.

"Did you fight with Sehun?" As always, mom's prediction was always accurate. Instead of answering, I let out a sigh. My mom let out a soft chuckle.

"Aigoo you guys rarely fight. What's the matter uhm?" My mom me on my arm. I turned my head to my mom.

"Mom, is it wrong if I just want to see my daughter's face? I don't want to dig on my past but I just want to know how my daughter looked like" I asked. A lump unwittingly formed in my throat, causing me to swallow hard.

"Yoora, you--Sehun, he told you?" My mom had the same surprised expression as Raon. I lifted my head up, staring at the vast night sky. As if I could see my daughter up there, a smile crept on my face.

"Sehun told me she passed away because she was sick. He told me to not ask more so I did. I did as I was told. Even though I deadly want to know when and how but I hold them all in! Because I know Sehun hate it!" I swirled my head to my mom before I continued.

"I--I know it well but, I just asked for one single thing. I want to see Sera. That's all. Is that too hard for him to show me? I'm her mother after all!" For the umpteenth time, I burst into tears. Soon, I began to sob. My mom pulled me into her embrace and hugged me tight, offering me her warmth

"Yoora-ya..." 

...

Taking a lungful of air, I knocked the door to the study room. Turning the knob cautiously, Sehun's figure was revealed, sitting in the middle of the room. Did not even bother to look at me, Sehun kept his eyes on his laptop. His forehead was creased to a frown and his smile was nowhere to be found on his straight face. 

Yoora darling, I understand the longing you have for your daughter. I'm a mom myself so I know. But Yoora-ya, you have a husband to look at as well. Do you know how much he cried for you? Do you know how painful for him to keep everything himself just because he wants you to be safe? Yoora-ya, believe in Sehun. When he said don't, please, don't do it. You know he isn't someone who do things without reason, right?

I let out a sigh as my mom words kept replaying at the back of my mind. I was too bothered with Sera that I forgot the one who was still living, loving me and in so much pain for the sake of me. Mom was right. Sehun must had his own reasons. I should look at the bright side. At least, I knew I had a daughter before.

"Sehun oppa" I sat on his desk. Sehun immediately shut his laptop down and stood up, intending to step out. But, I would not allow it. Before Sehun was able to take more steps, I grabbed him by his wrist. I would not give him a chance to avoid me.

"Oppa, I'm sorry" I apologized.

"I--I should listen to you. I--I don't have any to say. I'm just, sorry" I murmured. Sehun remained silence, refused to utter a single word. Sighing, I turned his body around to face me.

"Oppa, say something..." I tried to look into Sehun's eyes but he was avoiding my gaze. I gnawed on my lower lips.

"Are you that mad at me? Alright. I promise, I won't ask anything about Sera to you or anyone else. I won't look at my past anymore. I'll look at you only" I made a promise. Taking Sehun's arms, I swayed them left and right. I pursed my lips cutely, trying to soften his heart with aegyo. It seemed working because I saw the corner of Sehun's lips turned slightly upward.

"Eo? You smile!" I pointed at his lips. Sehun rolled his eyes before letting out a soft chuckle.

"I guess I can't win over you huh? Ya! I was really mad at you okay?! How can--" I silenced him with a kiss. I felt him smiling before I pulled away.

"Now you're not mad anymore, right?" I gazed into his eyes. Chuckling, Sehun shook his head. He leaned closer and pressed his lips against my forehead. Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, Sehun then locked our gazes.

"Yoora-ya, I'm sorry for not thinking about your feelings. I'm just--" I gave Sehun a kiss on the lips, refusing to listen to his apologize when he did nothing wrong.

"Oppa, I'm fine. I understand, okay? I promise, I won't ask more" I caressed Sehun's cheeks. Sehun flashed a smile before capturing my lips. Closing my eyes, I kissed him back. Sehun pulled away and dropped a kiss on my forehead. Smiling, I gazed deeply into his loving eyes.

"I love you, Oh Sehun" 

...

"Everything is done, CEO Kang. The only thing left is the celebration party tonight!" Baekhyun reported while showing me the venue for the event.

"Good. Great job, Secretary Byun!" I gave Baekhyun a smile, proud of his capability.

My eyes wandered around, making one last check to make sure everything was perfect without any mistake. Finally, the project I had carried out for months would make a start. The party was held to celebrate every single person who made my vision came true. A contented smile creased on my face.

"As you've asked before, the event will take place indoor and outdoor. Do you want to have a look outside?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Sure" I nodded. Baekhyun led me outside. I smiled broadly, completely satisfied with Baekhyun's pick. This man really knew how to choose a place which matched well with my requirement. The area was not just wide enough to hold our guests but the view there was just breathtaking.

"Wow this is really beautiful" I murmured in awe as my eyes roamed around. Baekhyun let out a chuckle.

"Ya!! How can you drop that!" A voice shouted, averting my attention. 

I saw a man who I assumed was a manager, reprimanding a young lady which I believed was his subordinate. I deemed they were on duty of cleaning the pool as my eyes caught a few cleaning tools strewn around. Judging from the tight face of the manager, I guessed the lady might have made a mistake. She bowed a few times before getting into the pool, taking the thing she had dropped by accident. My eyes then traveled to a white tube which was floating on the pool.

"Sera-ya!" 

I gasped in utter surprise as something flashed before my eyes.

"Sera my sweetheart, open your eyes. Sera-ya!"

My head began to throb very hard to the point I almost lost my balance.

"CEO Kang! Are you okay?" I heard Baekhyun's voice but it became more and more indistinct.

"Sera honey..don't leave me...please" 

A series of memories flooded into my mind, making my head throbbed even harder. Tears began to trickle down my face as one by one of my memories played in front of my eyes. I remember Sera. I remember her! I saw her. 

"CEO Kang!" I could feel Baekhyun's hand around my waist, preventing me from falling before my world became pitch black.

 

 

 

 

 

Alright. The next chapters will be about Yoora and Sehun's past which you're really curious to know. Congratulation! You have come a long way to reach this part. So, finally, this writer will reveal the bitter truth~  Please wait for it okay?! XD Anyway thank you for reading and subscribing! XOXO Don't forget to share your thoughts! ;))