Chapter 13

Who Are You, Secretary Oh?

Fixing my eyes on the television screen, I paid my fullest attention to the variety show in front of me. It was not the show that intrigued me but the idol guests. I watched attentively, blessing my eyes with the visuals. I wondered how could a human be so handsome? My focus however was interrupted when a figure blocked my vision.

"What are you watching?" I looked up to see a pair of eyes were glaring at me. Letting out a sigh, I tried to shove him away.

"Oppa, move! I can't see!" I craned my neck, trying to have a glimpse of the screen but I swore Sehun was so tall!

"Okay it has ended" Sehun let out a satisfied chuckle and plopped himself beside me. I shifted my gaze to the screen just to find that the show was already ended.

"Oppa!! That's my favorite--" I was halted when Sehun placed his head on my lap. Nervous, I swallowed hard.

"Don't look at other man like that. I don't like it" Sehun murmured with his eyes closed. Shaking my head, I let out a soft chuckle. Okay, my husband was jealous.

"Alright. Alright. Should I watch you only for 24/7?" I asked jokingly as I played with his hair. Smiling, Sehun nodded. 

"Alright alright" I pinched Sehun's cheeks a tad hard causing Sehun to squealed in pain.

"Yoora-ya! That's hurt" Sehun shot up from my lap as he rubbed his cheeks which had turned red. I could not help but to burst into a huge laughter. Suddenly, Sehun threw himself at me, forcing me to lie on my back. My eyes widened in surprise as I was trapped.

"Having fun teasing me?" A seducing smirk crept on Sehun's face. A lump unwittingly formed inside my throat as I gazed into his eyes.

"Then it's my turn" Sehun's eyes traveled from my eyes down to my neck line. The heart of mine was beating out of control that I could even hear it hit my chest hard. Sehun brought his face closed to mine and brushed our nose together before he moved to the nape of my neck. 

"Sehun-ah, Yoora-ya, we'll have dinner outside. So--" Sehun instantly jerked backward which unexpectedly made him fell from the couch. I froze on my spot as my eyes met my mom's who was completely thrown in a stunned state.

"Honey, let's--honey?" My dad swayed his hand in front of my mom's face when my mom did not give him any respond. 

"What's the matt--" My dad averted his gaze to my mom's direction and spotted us in the living room, stood still as if our bodies were paralyzed by an unknown force. My eyes roamed around, avoiding my dad's gaze while Sehun rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. Judging the situation well, my dad smirked teasingly.

"Emm we're going out for dinner and we'll be very very late or maybe don't go back at all. So enjoy!" My dad winked at us before hurriedly pushing my mom out. My eyes rounded at my dad's joke. Letting out a sigh of relief, Sehun got up from the floor. Before he managed to sit beside me, my dad suddenly popped out his head behind the wall, immobilized Sehun.

"Kids, next time do it in your room alright? Bye!" My dad giggled before he really made his way out.

"Dad!" I shrieked.

"I think my life just shorten 10 years" Placing a hand on his chest, Sehun murmured before plopping himself next to me. I let out a chuckle and patted my lap, gesturing Sehun to place his head there. Gladly, Sehun complied. It became quite again as we were both drown in the drama shown on the screen. Suddenly something crossed my mind.

"Oppa, after we got married, did we have a house of our own?" I asked as I watched the lead actor in the drama blindfolded the lead actress, bringing her to a house that he bought for them. 

"Why? You're uncomfortable living here?" Sehun sat up, looking at me. 

"No, just--" I paused. If I thought back, the little girl in my dream brought me to a mansion and there was where I saw myself and Sehun, playing around. Was that mansion really existed?

"Just, curious" I finished my sentence. I stared into Sehun's eyes, tried to discern his gaze. Sehun remained silence as if it was really hard for him to answer. Guilty, I reached for his hand and gave it a light squeeze.

"Sorry, I shouldn't ask that question" I bit my lower lips, feeling so stupid for disregarding Sehun's feelings.

"It's okay" Sehun whispered. Somehow my instinct told me that my husband was lying. I could see he was hurting. I was sure he was hiding something painful. But I chose to not dwell on it. I did not want Sehun to hurt anymore. I promised him I would start new and forgot the past, so that was what I needed to do.

"Oppa" I cooed as I placed my arm around Sehun's waist. Pursing my lips, I rested my chin on his shoulder.

"I'm hungry" I diverted the topic. It seemed working as Sehun's face lightened up by his smile. Pinching me on my nose, Sehun let out a soft chuckle.

"Alright let's see what we have"

...

"Aigoo, you're such a mess when you eat, you know?" Sehun chortled as he wiped the corner of my lips which was smeared with sauce. I grinned coyly.

I continued digging into the spaghetti which Sehun made specially for me. I was really grateful to have Sehun as my husband. Just what on earth he could not do? From office works to house chores even cooking, he excelled in all of them. I swore I would never let him go. Like ever. He was a rare species.

"As expected from Secretary Oh! Even his cooking skill is a top-notch" I praised as I finished my spaghetti. Sehun shook his head to my joke.

"You should be grateful that this CEO of yours never eat other man's cooking other than her secretary's and her dad!" I hit my chest with my fist, feeling proud. 
Sehun let out a snort, going beyond my expectation.

"Liar" Sehun crossed his arms. Baffled, I furrowed.

"No I'm--" I paused when the thought of Jongin appeared at the back of my mind. Okay, I did eat Jongin's cooking.

"Why? Do you remember someone?" Sehun said with a sarcastic tone.

"Uhmm, that's--" I scratched my hair awkwardly. Sehun rolled his eyes.

"You have to be thankful that I realized I love you and broke up with Jongin for you! Imagine if I still hold into him and Jongin still doesn't let me go. Do you think I would be here?" I tried to defend myself.

"Jongin will still end things with you even if you hold into him" Sehun said confidently. I scoffed in disbelief.

"Omo. Look at this man being so con--"

"Because he knows I'm your husband" Sehun pressed on the word husband. My eyes widened in surprise. Jongin knew?

Diverting from his usual schedule, Sehun had his brunch at a cafe far away from the company, far away from Yoora's knowing. Making entangled things even more complicated was the least thing he ever wanted. The only reason he was there instead of serving Yoora was to meet that person and made things back on track.

Sehun took a glance to his watch. 5 minutes left. Bored, Sehun threw his gaze to the outside of the cafe, observing people. There was not a lot of people on the street. Probably it was not the peak hour, Sehun assumed. A man showed up in front of him, shifting Sehun's attention.

"May I know on what matter you wish to see me Secretary Oh?" Jongin asked straight away. When Sehun said he wanted to meet him yesterday, his instict strongly told him that it was pertaining Yoora. And he could not help but to feel anxious. Instead of answering, Sehun raised his hand, calling for the waitress. 

"What do you wish to drink?" Sehun asked when the waitress arrived.

"Anything" Jongin replied shortly. Sehun remained silence until Jongin's drink arrived, torturing Jongin from the inside. Despite the fact that he was dying of waiting, Jongin kept his composure. He needed to be at Sehun's good side if he wanted Yoora to be his.

"Thank you for making some time for me" Sehun spoke up after a long silence. He continued when Jongin did not give any respond.

"So I'll go straight to the point. Break up with Yoora" Sehun said with the stern voice of his. Jongin snorted, totally dumbfounded with the sudden request. Did I hear him wrong? Did he just ask me to end things with Yoora?

"What?" Jongin threw his incredulous look to Sehun but Sehun just kept his nonchalant demeanour. He expected this kind of reaction anyway.

"End things with Yoora. As soon as possible" Sehun repeated. 

"Who are you to ask me to break up with Yoora? Did Yoora even know what her secretary is doing?" Jongin scoffed. Sehun remained silence, staring at Jongin who was burning in rage.

"You don't have that right to tell me what should I do and what should I don't. Don't even mention about my relationship. You--don't have the right. I won't break up with Yoora" Jongin persisted.

"Even if I said that I'm her husband?" Sehun raised a brow.

"Her--what?" Jongin refused to believe the incredulous fact he just garnered. Sehun let out a sigh. This gonna take a long time..

"Jongin-ssi. I know it's hard for you to believe but I'm not lying. Kang Yoora is my wife. So as her husband, I want you to end things with her. I'm sorry, I should meet you earlier" Sehun explained calmly. 

"No no. You're lying. Yoora never told me she has a husband. She told me she never been in a relationship before" Jongin sputtered. He just could not believe it.

Sehun looked into Jongin's eyes just to meet with Jongin's hurt gaze. Taking a lungful of air, Sehun told Jongin from the very beginning, from how he and Yoora got married, the accident, Yoora's forgotten memories to how they survived until that day. Jongin did not say much after that. He gave Sehun a nod and left.


I remained silence, did not know how to respond. No wonder Jongin looked reluctant to let me go. Even though his mouth said he wanted a break up, his heart was saying the otherwise. Okay, I felt bad for Jongin for playing with his heart. I was fine since I had Sehun, but Jongin?

"Do you regret choosing me over Jongin?" Sehun suddenly asked. I frowned to Sehun's question. I took a lungful of air before replying him.

"Oppa, even if I died and reincarnated, I'll still choose you" 

...

Pacing back and forth, I waited anxiously. I decided to meet Jongin in his office since he did not answer any of my calls or messages. After Sehun told me about Jongin, I did not feel at ease. Guilt struck me hard. It was so frustrating! This stupid memory loss made me hurt two men at the same time! What worst was that, I had to choose and for sure Sehun, because he was my husband. I was his from the very beginning. But Jongin? I should not start anything with him...

"Yoora-ssi, what are you doing here?" Jongin showed up, looking so surprised.

"Why didn't you call or text me back?" I let out a sigh. Clearing his throat, Jongin's darted his gaze away from me.

"I'm busy" Jongin gave an excuse which I found it doubtful.

"What is it? I have a surgery to perform soon" Jongin quickly changed the topic. I bit my lower lips.

"I've heard from Sehun" I lowered my voice as the guilt rose in me. 

"That he asked me to break up with you?" Jongin snorted.

"And I'm already--" I hesitated.

"Yeah you're married and Sehun had to see me to make sure I stayed away from his wife or he'll break my bones to pieces" Jongin tried to crack a joke but I did not find it funny at all.

"If that's what you want to say, I already knew it. I've accepted it with a light heart. So if you're done, can you please leave? I want to have a rest" Jongin looked away from me. Sighing, I paced closer to him.

"Jongin-ssi, I'm sorry. I shouldn't--I should not date you. I--I'm just--sorry" I did not have other words to say other than the word sorry. I was a bad woman, wasn't I?

"It's okay. It's not like you were doing it intentionally. You lost your memories after all" Jongin said without sparing a look at me, indicating that the feeling of upset was still lingering in him.

"But still, I'm sorry..." I reached for his arm amd squeezed it gently. Jongin finally turned his head to look at me. His gaze then fell to my hand on his arm. Slowly, he took my hand off him.

"If you're sorry, can you please stop calling me or seeing me like this? If you keep doing this, I can't forget my feelings for you. Honestly, I still think of you. I still--love you" Jongin ran his fingers through his hair. A sign escaped from his lips. I bit my lower lips, refraining my tears.

"So, can you please leave?" Jongin turned his head away from me. 

"Alright I'll leave but promise me take care of yourself. Don't skip your meals no matter how busy you're. Please, be happy" My voice began to quaver. 

Without uttering anymore word, I stepped out of his office. Sehun's figure came first into my sight, giving me a sorry look. I ran into his arms and hugged him tight. The tears I had been holding the entire time finally fell as they rolled down my cheeks. Sehun patted me on my back quietly, did not even ask a single thing.

...

"Sit here. I'll buy a drink for you" Sehun left me for a while after I had calmed myself. 

Letting out a sigh, my eyes roamed around the hospital waiting area. Somehow I could see Jongin's silhouette running here and there, fulfilling his duty as a doctor. The corner of my lips turned upward as I reminisced the moment we first met each other. I still remembered how afraid I was when a doctor suddenly collapsed in front of me, on top of me to be more accurate.

Instead of a bad one, I would keep the memories I had with Jongin as good memories. He cared for me and cherished me well, but it just the matter of fate. Fate did not allow us to be together. He came into my life a little bit too late. My wandering gaze then came to a stop to a mother who was holding her baby in her arm. 

I was not sure myself but I tend to stare at them. A smile slowly crept on my face as I saw her nuzzled her nose with her baby's. The sound of her baby cooed asking for her mother's attention somehow entertained me. But the longer I stared at them, the more painful my heart was. Somehow I missed someone but I did not who. Did the woman remind me of someone I did not remember?

"Yoora-ya, this, your co--honey? Are you still crying?" Sehun showed up with a coffee in his hand. I looked up at him before tracing my cheeks. To my surprise, I found my cheeks was already wet with tears. Since when did I cry?

"Why--" Sehun averted his gaze to the direction of the mother and her baby. I managed to catch Sehun's morphed expression before he covered it fast with a smile.

"Yoora-ya, let's go uhm?" Sehun pulled me up and quickly brought me away. As I followed behind Sehun, my eyes were fixed at him.

And I saw his eyes glistened with tears.

 

 

 

This is the biggest hint I can give XD Another new character is coming in I guess? Anyway, thank you for reading and subscribing! XOXO