Public Meeting

Geheimnisse: The Confidential and Conspicuous Life of Kim Yerim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: How's it going guys? My apologies for being away. Work has been crazy 'til now. My days are finally calm now especially with the holiday season. I think it's time to go back to Yeri's confidential and conspicuous life. ;)  

 

As Yeri slowly woke up, she was surprised by the soft and warm body enveloping her. More so that she was greeted by the beautiful face of her mother. Her lazy movement caused Joohyun to wake up as well. Though surprised, Yeri remained comfortable in Joohyun's embrace.

"Morning, Yerimmie." Joohyun greeted her ever so sweetly as she also kissed her daughter's forehead and giving her a tight hug. Yeri felt blissful at the sweetness of her mother but she could not help but wonder about her actions and why she was in her bedroom.

"Morning, unnie." Yeri greeted back.

"Not that I don't like it buuuut, when did you get in here? Why are you here?" Yeri asked curiously. Her innocent and confused face made Joohyun's heart ache. Her daughter was calling out last night and she can't, well not yet at least, tell her that was the reason why she ended up sleeping in her room. She was disappointed, not at Yeri but at herself because of the fact that Yeri's confused about her presence right now. 

"Good job, Joohyun. You've made her feel like spending time with her is something unusual." Joohyun berated herself. Yeri noticed the small frown gracing her mother's face and instantly held her mother's cheeks, pulling her to look eye-to-eye with her. 

"Unnie. I don't mean it like that. Whatever that "negative" thought is that you're thinking right now. I'm just suprised because I didn't notice you coming in here last night. But regardless, I'm happy you're here. I think I had a nightmare last night but then the last thing I remember before waking up was that I was having a good dream. Guess it was because of you, huh?" Yeri said with a cheeky grin that warmed Joohyun's heart.

"I just couldn't sleep last night and thought I'd check up on you. And yes, you did have a nightmare and you were mumbling so I decided to stay." Joohyun replied as she caressed her daughter's cheek. 

"Well, I'm lucky to have you then, unnie." Yeri smiled widely then quickly pulled away as she went to her bathroom. 

"What's with the rush?" Joohyun asked loudly for Yeri to hear. She missed having her daughter in her arms.

"Today's a busy day, unnie! I can't wait to taste the best food of each Shikshin branch!" Yeri replied back causing Joohyun to chuckle in amusement. 

"Aigoooo. Don't eat too much, arasso? I don't want you to come home with a stomache." Joohyun responded with worry which made the younger smile as she faced her mother before closing the door to her bathroom. 

"I won't, unnie. We still have a lot of things to do." Yeri replied, grinning from ear to ear. 

 

At Shikshin in Times Square Mall...

They have arrived at the Shikshin branch in Times Square Mall and Yeri had to stop herself from endulging too much in the scrumptious food at the renowned restaurant. Wendy was busy talking to their staff while Yeri was busy tasting the food as planned. She asked her security detail, composed of three men, to eat with her. They were reluctant at first but could not resist the girl's charms. 

"Eat some more oppas. Come on." Yeri enthusiastically said as she placed more food on their plates. Wendy chuckled at the sight of the three grown men looking to full but too soft to reject the girl's offer.

"Yerimmie. It seems they can't eat anymore." Wendy said as she sat next to her niece. Yeri looked at her with innocent eyes and shook her head in disagreement.

"Omo! Oppas! You could say no you know! I was worried since you were not able to eat before we left the house. I'm sorry." Yeri said apologetically when she finally noticed how the three seemed overwhelmed with the amount of food being laid out to them. 

"Ani. The food is really delicious, Ms. Yeri. Thank you." They responded. 

"Omooooooooo! Unnie! That looks delicious!" Yeri exclaimed as she pointed at the cake that came out fresh from the oven. 

"Oh yeah. That's one of our bestsellers here for desserts. We only serve that here in Korea since the secret ingredient can only be found here." Wendy replied with a mischievous wink. 

"Heol! No wonder it doesn't look familiar. I haven't seen that in any of the Shikshins in America." Yeri replied with astonishment. 

"Unfortunately my dear aegi, you cannot eat it because one of its ingredients is almonds and you're allergic to that." Wendy said with a sad smile. Though Yeri was frowning on the outside, she was internally smiling as she knew this was what her aunt was talking about earlier. This was her cue.

"Ani! I'm all good unnie. I've been okay with my food allergies as long as I take my medicine before eating." Yeri responded as she started looking in her backpack for her allergy medicine which she knew she intentionally did not pack. 

"Oh no. Did you forget your medicine?" Wendy asked worriedly, though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter