Chapter 36

Geheimnisse: The Confidential and Conspicuous Life of Kim Yerim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After gushing over the social media posts, Jisoo and Jackson left Irene and the four visitors as they proceeded to do their other tasks. But before leaving the room, Irene told Jackson to remind the Oneus boys to tighten security and make sure that there will not be any paparazzi bothering Yeri. 

"Rene..." Solar started but was stopped when Irene raised her hand as if saying 'enough'. Solar heaved a sigh and went next to her cousin and enveloped her in a hug. 

"Unnie..." Wheein was the next to speak as she and Hwasa took their seats facing Irene's desk. Moonbyul was leaning on the couch as she watched them. 

"Unnie, Yeri's safe now. You can protect her now. We can all protect her. No one's going to dare hurt Yerimmie. Not with all of us around. What's keeping you from telling her the truth? What are you still afraid of?" Hwasa asked the older with a strong yet concerned tone. 

"I... I've hid this for too long. What if she gets mad at me?" Irene said as she buried her face in her palms while Solar patted her back in support. 

"Rene... the longer you keep this from Yeri, the more mad she'll be. You said it yourself. It's been too long. Yes, Yeri might get mad but don't you think she'll be more mad if she finds out later on? Yeri deserves to know the truth especially with you getting married to Bogum. Where will Yeri be in that picture, Joohyun-ah?" Moonbyul remarked making Irene look at her. Even her closest friends call her Irene and only use her real name when things are very serious. 

"Of course she'll be with us!" Irene answered without any hesitation. 

"And there lies the problem, unnie." Hwasa said with a raised brow as she rested on her chair making Irene look at her with confusion. 

"Joohyun-ah, did you even tell Yerimmie that you'll be moving out of the estate? Does she know that you'll be moving in with Bogum?" Moonbyul added. 

Irene remained silent as she thought of the situation.

"Unnie, Yerimmie's a smart and kind kid. She's exactly like you. If you were in her position, would it make sense to you if you're asked by your unnie to move out of the family estate to live with her and her husband?" Wheein threw in. 

"Well, she's still very young and I'm her unnie! She's supposed to stay with me." Irene weakly defended. 

"Well, there's Suho and Jin who she knows are her oppas. Seulgi and Seungwan are also moving into the estate. With that said, how do you explain to Yerimmie that she should move in with you?" Moonbyul added. 

"Look Joohyunnie. We're not ganging up on you okay? It's just... you deserve to be free from this lie. You deserve to be happy with Yeri. Most of all, Yeri deserves to know the truth. All her life, she's known that her parents have died but you're still here! Both you and Taehyung are still here!" Solar frustratedly said as she squeezed Irene's shoulder. 

They all paused for a moment as they turned their heads towards the screen showing Yeri and Taehyung's photo. 

"You and Taehyung may have not ended things on a good note. He may not deserve to know the truth. But Yeri does. Whatever happened between you and Taehyung is just between you two. Yeri should not be dragged into it." Wheein sadly noted as she looked at Irene who was still looking at the photo. 

 

 

At Shikshin...

 

Yeri was hanging out in Wendy's office while the older was busily signing some documents. Some of the Oneus boys went off to buy some things that Yeri asked for while the others were busy securing the place. 

"Aunt Wannie..." Yeri said as she suddenly went behind Wendy's chair and hugged her aunt. 

"Oh! Hmmmm. That sounds so nice coming from you, Yerimmie." Wendy responded as she pulled her niece closer and let her sit on her lap. 

"Thank you. Thank you for helping me." Yerimmie said as she leaned back, melting into her aunt's embrace. 

"No need to thank me Yerimmie. I'm your imo. Aunt Wannie will always be here for you. Arasso?" 

Their conversation was interrupted by the ringing of Yeri's phone. 

"Appa!" Yeri excitedly said as she answered the call. 

"How's my princess? Did you eat well with your Aunt Wannie?" Taehyung asked. 

"Deh! Would have been nice though if we ate together..." Yeri responded making Wendy pat her head.

"I'm sorry baby. Soon. We'll eat together soon, arasso?" Taehyung replied as he tried to ease his daughter's sadness.

"Is you Aunt Wannie with you? Can you put me on speaker?" Taehyung asked while Yeri put him on loudspeaker. 

"Hey Taehyung-oppa." Wendy remarked. 

"Hey Wannie. Missed talking to you. Thank you for taking care of Yerimmie." Taehyung noted while Wendy chuckled in response.

"Aigooo. Oppa, no need to thank me. She's my niece. It's a given. I'd do anything for this kiddo." Wendy said as she ruffled Yeri's hair. Said kid was giggling as she listened to their conversation. 

"Photos and videos of your interaction with Yerimmie have circulated on social media. I bet everyone at KME is already talking about this. What's next, oppa?" Wendy curiously asked.

"We make more opportunities. Yerimmie told me that Hyun's going to pick her up this afternoon. Perhaps, you can help me out?" Taehyung said. They continued their conversation regarding how Taehyung will be crossing paths with Irene and Yeri. 

"Alright. Your uncles are coming. I'm excited to introduce you to them but they can be a bit nosy so that will have to wait. I'll see you later, princess. Take care arasso? Appa loves you." Taehyung said making Yeri beam from ear to ear. 

"Deh. Love you too, appa. See you later." Yeri replied. 

"Thanks again Wannie. See you soon." Taehyung said as he ended the call.

The aunt and niece looked at each o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter