28 The First Meeting Part 1

Geheimnisse: The Confidential and Conspicuous Life of Kim Yerim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: Sorry it took so long! Got caught up with so much work. How are you guys?? I hope you're all okay. Are y'all ready for the meeting of the father and daughter? Here's part 1 of ___. Hahaha. Enjoy! ^_^ 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Back at the Kim Estate..

It was a long day for everyone and it was already night time when all the Kims returned to their home. Irene and Yeri arrived later than everyone and joined them at the kitchen were Wendy was busy cooking their dinner. It was one of those nights when they give their servants an early night off from their tasks to go out or have some well-deserved rest. 

"Well, look who decided to join us. How was your day?"  Jin said as he greeted his sister and niece with a hug and returned to watching the twins behind the counter. Seulgi waved at them and returned to chopping herbs while Wendy gave them a warm smile, hands still busy cooking. 

"I had fun today. Bogum-oppa is an interesting person." Yeri answered with a smile as she sat next to Jin, who was already munching on some cheesesticks. Irene told them that she'd help out after she freshens up. When Irene left the room, the twins gave Yeri a raised brow signalling her to share more. 

"He is an interesting person although he needs to brush up on his adventure bone. He couldn't keep up with all the rides." Yeri chuckled as she remembered Bogum's pale face at the rollercoaster. 

"Well, no one can beat your energy at those rides, Yerimmie." Seulgi giggled as she replied. 

Jin stood up to check if Irene has really gone upstairs to her room. When he was sure, he returned to his seat and put an arm around his niece. 

"Okay, so what do you really think about him?"  Jin asked while the twins continued to prepare their food but ears on the two. Yeri sighed as she gobbled up a cheesestick. 

"He seems like a good guy. Like... I get why om--unnie's fallen for him. I just..." Yeri said as her mind started to wander. 

"Just what, Yerimmie?" Seulgi curiously asked. 

Yeri heaved a sigh of frustration as she grabbed another cheesestick making the three adults look at her with worry. 

"I just can't help but be suspicious of him. I don't want to be a villain to unnie's happiness but.. I feel like there's something fishy about him. I don't know. I just have this gut feeling that I can't shake off since I met him. Or maybe I'm just being clouded by my plans." Yeri continued. 

"He does seem like a nice guy. But like you, I still have my doubts about him." Jin remarked he took another bite. 

"What you're feeling is okay, Yeri-ah. There's still a lot of things that we don't know about him. It's okay that you're feeling this way. I'm proud of you for still making an effort to know him." Seulgi said, sensing the kid's frustration and anxiety. 

"Don't rush yourself Yerimmie. Things will fall into place soon." Jin said as he exchanged knowing looks with his cousins. 

"By the way, you're still coming with me tomorrow to Jeju, right?" Wendy excitedly asked.

"Of course! I've always wanted to see the island. Also, I think I could do some research about you know.. while being there. Easier to discuss some things away from the waiting ears of people." Yeri replied. 

Their conversation was interrupted when Irene rejoined them. 

"So what did I miss?" Irene curiously asked as she started helping the twins. 

"Yeri was just telling us how you guys tortured Bogum." Jin replied making Yeri giggle in amusement. The group was quick to ride on the new topic unbeknownst to Irene. 

"Well, he has to toughen up, unnie. If he's gonna become part of our family, he better be prepared." Yeri said, her eyes twinkling with mischief. 

 

The next day...

Jin wanted to join his niece and cousins but, unfortunately, he has to finish some work at KME just like Irene. Yeri became more excited when Seulgi informed them that she will be joining them since all her schedule for the day has been moved to another date. 

"Don't go wandering around by yourself, arasso? Listen to your unnies." Irene reminded her kid as she checked Yeri's bag, making sure that she has everything she needs for their short trip. 

"Relax, unnie. We'll be home by tonight. It's not like we're staying there for days." Yeri said as she looked at her mother incredulously making Jin and the twins chuckle in amusement. 

"I know. I know. I'm going to miss you though. I wanted to show you some places there myself but... I'm sorry, Yerimmie. Next weekend, I promise. We can stay there for the weekend." Irene sighed as she caressed the kid's cheek. 

"Well, that sounds like a great plan. We'll be needing a good rest after this week's activities." Jin added. 

"Can't wait for next week then! See you guys later!" Yeri said as she hugged Irene and Jin goodbye. Seulgi was already at the driver's seat so Yeri boarded the car as well. Wendy gave her cousins a goodbye hug too.

"Don't worry, unnie. We've got Yerimmie." Wendy said reassuringly to Irene before entering the car.

Seulgi waved at them before driving off to the airport. Jin and Irene watched them leave the grounds followed by their security detail. Although Seulgi and Wendy are very much capable of defending themselves, Irene insisted that they have their own security detail now that they're back in Korea. They don't need a security detail back in America but since they know how crazy things can get in their home country, they just went along with their unnie's orders. 

"She'll be fine, noona." Jin said as he and Irene entered his car. Irene's car was left at the company so she was riding with her brother to work. 

"I know... I'm just..." Irene began as her thoughts become filled with worry for her child. Jin shook his head in sympathy.

"You know, things will be a lot easier if you tell her the truth. It will be hard at first, but things will get better after some time. Then Yeri would understand why things are the way they are. You're hurting yourself and Yeri by continuing this, noona."  Jin said which made Irene heave a sigh.

"I'm scared, Jin-ah. How do I tell her? Where do I even begin? What if... what if she can't forgive me." Irene replied as she leaned her head on the window.

"Noona, we know how Yeri is wise beyond her age. We all know how much she loves you. Yes, it will hurt. But it will hurt her even more if you continue with this. You guys deserve to be able to live happily. Omma and appa supported your plans then but remember what they said, noona? If it's for Yeri's protection, then go ahead with it but once things have settled down, tell her the truth and live happily with your daughter. Things have settled down, noona. We're safe. And even if there are future threats to our family, we can protect each other now and I, for one, will make sure that no one hurts you guys. And.. with Bogum in the picture, don't you think Yeri will feel even worse if she finds out later on? It would be good if you fix this before you and Bogum settle down, noona. I'm sorry if you've ever felt that I'm overstepping. But you know I love you guys and just want both of you to be happy." Jin said as he squeezed Irene's hand. 

Irene's tears began to fall as she leaned on her brother's shoulder.

"I'm still looking for the right time, Jin-ah. But I will tell her.." Irene replied weakly.

 

"Hello? Yes, Dad. Yeah. Will do. We'll update you later. Yep. Bye, love you too." Wendy ended the call and exchanged knowing looks with her twin.

"Asking for update?" Seulgi asked with a raised brow. 

"Yep. Mom got a call from aunt Jessie. Things are in place now." Wendy replied with a smile while Yeri looked at them curiously which did not go unnoticed by the twins.

"So are you excited to explore Jeju?" Wendy asked to divert the kid's attention. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter