Realization

Geheimnisse: The Confidential and Conspicuous Life of Kim Yerim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thanks unnie! As always, anything prepared by you screams perfection and tastes heavenly!" Yeri exclaimed as she and Wendy walk back to the hall and joined their cousins who were talking to their other relatives. Wendy pushed Yeri forward as they joined the group who were happily conversing. "Yerimmie, I don't know if you still remember us, but we visited you guys back in America when you were around 5 years old. We went to visit a few times again but you were always at school when we did." A purple-haired lady said while giving her a bright smile. Yeri looked at her as if trying to recall who she and the others were. "We went with Irene-unnie once. Remember? We brought you chicken and she got mad at us telling us it was unhealthy for you." The black-haired girl said. Yeri's eyes lit up as she finally remembered who they were. "Jisoo-unnie! Jennie-unnie!" The two ladies beamed as the little girl recognized them. Wendy then introduced Yeri to their other cousins. " .. So that's batch 1 of the relatives. Haha. You ready for the next?" Wendy asked Yeri who giggled in amusement. "Don't forget to drop by my studio when you come visit KME Yerimmie. Jin-hyung always brags about your vocals. We should try out some demos." Hanbin, one of the cousins, remarked which earned him an excited nod from the young girl. "Sure oppa! I'd love that!"

 

While Yeri was busy getting to know her cousins, Wendy looked around for her sister. "Uhm, Jen, have you seen Seul?" Wendy asked Jennie. Jennie pulled Wendy a bit farther from the group before replying. "They're here unnie. Seulgi-unnie and the Parks went to greet them. They're at the bar at the lounge room." Jennie said making Wendy's eyes widen in surprise. "By the way, Yoongi-oppa's been looking for you and Irene-unnie's been looking for Yeri." The younger added with a knowing look. "Oh god. Thanks Jen. Gotta find Irene first. Talk to you guys later." Wendy said as she hugged her cousin and excused Yeri from the group. "Yerimmie, let's find your unnie. I'm sure she's free now to introduce you to SNSD and other people." Yeri went along with Wendy without question, or so she thought. "Why in a hurry unnie? Does this have something to do with the arrival of the other Kims that they mentioned? What is up with that? They thought I didn't notice but I saw Jisoo-unnie giving Bobby-oppa the stink eye when he mentioned the other Kims. Who are they anyway?" Yeri thought as she plastered on a smile for Wendy.

 

As soon as they saw the other Kims enter the hall, Jimin excused himself to say hello to his best friends. "Go ahead oppa. I'll go to unnie first. Sooyoung-ah, please find Seungwan and inform her." Seulgi said. Almost everyone was in the grand hall so the hosts were all over the place socializing with their guests. Jin, Suho and Irene were still rooted to their place and seemed to be in a serious conversation. Seulgi joined the siblings and saw different expressions on their faces - Jin with a frustrated look, Suho with concern painted on his face and Irene sporting a nonchalant look. Seulgi knew better though. They all knew how nervous Irene must be right now. "Hey." Seulgi said causing the three to halt their conversation. Irene heaved a sigh as she saw her cousin. She took this opportunity to change the topic. "Hey Seul. Where's Yeri?" The oldest asked. "She's with Seungwan. They went to the kitchen earlier since she got hungry." Seulgi answered making Irene smile. "She's always hungry. Reminds me of someone I know." Jin remarked as he gave Irene a knowing look. Suho shook his head at his brother's action. Before his siblings squabble again, Suho decided to drag Jin away to check up on the performers. But before leaving, he said to Irene "Noona. Remember what this night is all about. This is about our family. Our traditions. And most importantly, this is about Yeri. Her official introduction tonight changes everything. You get the final say in everything. You're our noona after all. But I hope you consider Seokjin's suggestion." The brothers then left the two ladies with Irene deep in thought. "Unnie.." Seulgi linked her arm to her cousin to show her support. "Why does he have to be here Seul?? Why now?"

 

Joy found Wendy and Yeri who were looking for Irene. "Unnie!" Yeri exclaimed as she hugged Joy. The latter couldn't help but smile at the sudden clinginess of the kid. "Eeeey! We've seen each other yesterday. Why are you acting like we haven't seen each other for ages??" Joy teased. Yeri detached herself from Joy and gave her a playful look. "I'm just channeling Jin-oppa's longing for you. He squeezed me to death yesterday and he told me how sad he was to not have done that with you. So, I'm passing on his hug. I'm just the messenger unnie. Blame the sender." Yeri said with a wink followed by a snigger. Joy was caught off guard as she blushed a deep shade of red. Wendy, amused, laughed along with their dongsaeng. "Daebak! When did you learn to be like that huh Kim Yerim?" Wendy asked while Yeri simply shrug in response. Joy got back to her senses and poked the little girl's side. "Tell your oppa to stop bugging me then. He's such a creep." Joy said with folded arms. She got surprised again with the kid's rebuttal "Tell that himself. Creep? Yeah right. You like that creep. Stop being so hard to get unnie. You and my oppa belong together." Joy was left speechless with Wendy clapping her hands in amusement. "Jinnie-oppa's got the best wingman."

 

The teasing ended when the adults finally remembered what they needed to do. "They're here." Wendy and Joy said in unison. "Seulgi-unnie sent me to tell you to take Yeri to your table now. Actually, I can bring Yerimmie. Yoongi-oppa's been looking for you. Buuut, you know.. Yeri. I'll take her to Irene-unnie." Joy whispered to Wendy while Yeri looked at them with curiosity. "What's the secret???" Wendy just smiled at Yeri and patted her head. "Just some work stuff. Sooyoungie will take you to Joohyun-unnie. The program's about to start anyway. I'll join you as soon as I fix some things." Yeri just nodded her head and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter