Unexpected Reaction

Geheimnisse: The Confidential and Conspicuous Life of Kim Yerim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone was silent. It was as if everyone was holding their breath, afraid to make any noise, as they looked at the 12-year old before them. Disappointment was clearly written all over Yeri's face as she sadly smiled at her Joohyun-unnie. "Yerim-ah.." Irene began as she took a step towards the young girl. The adults were all standing behind Irene looking at the scene as if they were sitting at the edge of their seats. Jin looked away with a heavy sigh as he couldn't take the hurt look of his beloved Yeri. Before anyone could further say or do anything, Yeri spoke up. "I guess I'm meeting your fiance tomorrow then?" Irene knelt before Yeri and cupped her face. "I didn't want you to find out this way. I'm really sorry Yerimmie. I was going to talk to you about this." Yeri didn't meet Irene's gaze as she looked at everyone but Irene. She heard everything. It hurt her to know that she was the last one who knew about her unnie's fiance. Everyone knew but her. She saw the apologetic looks of the adults standing behind Irene. She felt mad at them but at the same time she knows that they have good reason not to tell her. What exactly is the reason? That one, she still has to find out. 

 

"Why unnie?? Why hide this from me? What happened to no secrets especially when it involves the entire family?" Yeri asked her unnie with an intense gaze. Irene thought she had this all figured out. She had planned out how and what to tell Yeri regarding Bogum - how she met him, why she didn't tell her about him, etc. But right now, all those preparations have gone out the window. She was caught off guard by her little sister finding out sooner than planned. "I'm sorry baby. I wanted to tell you about him earlier but things were chaotic then. I didn't want you to get caught up in all of that. I..." Irene tried to explain to the young girl but Yeri interrupted her with a heavy and resounding sigh. "Look unnie. I know you have a very good reason why you didn't tell me. I know.. well I'd like to believe.. that you did it because you love me and you were only protecting me. I know how chaotic things can be with your lives in the spotlight. You've always reminded me of that. If you love your fiance.. Bo.. Bogum right? If you love him and he makes you happy, I would love him for that. It would have been nice to know him before all of these." The adults felt their stomaches being twisted upside down as they felt the gloomy aura emanating from Yeri. "I will explain everything baby. Please don't be mad at me." Irene pleaded as she hugged the little girl tightly. 

 

The adults were expecting an outburst from Yeri. They know how sensitive she can be. Surprisingly, Yeri was nowhere near an outburst. Yes, that depressingly betrayed look on her face is present but she was calmly talking to Irene to everyone's surprise. "It's a bit late already. I really can't do anything about all of these anyway. Well, except for meeting your fiance tomorrow and getting to know him." Yeri said with a warm smile towards Irene. This made the older girl guiltier but at the same time relieved that Yeri seemed to take all of these better than expected. No outbursts from the little girl since the moment she knew. "I'll make it up to you baby. I promise to make it up to you." Irene said as she caressed Yeri's cheek. The little girl hugged her in return. "I'm sure we can think of something. I'm just really surprised..but.. I'm happy for you unnie." Yeri sincerely said. "Anyway, I feel really sleepy now. I'll just have this cleaned up and then I'll go to bed. Unnie, let's talk about all of these tomorrow okay? Good night everyone. See you tomorrow." Yeri said and proceeded to hug everyone before leaving.

 

Irene stood up and sighed as she looked at the retreating back of little Yeri. "Oh boy.." Sooyoung said as they looked on. Tiffany was quick to instruct her twins to accompany the little girl and tuck her to bed as they usually do back in America. "Seul, Wan, you know what to do." Tiffany said as her twins nodded in response. Wendy gave Irene a pat on the back before joining Seulgi. "Well, she took it better than expected." Heechul said, surprise in his tone. "I agree. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter