The Letter

Geheimnisse: The Confidential and Conspicuous Life of Kim Yerim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was taken aback by her niece's questions. Mouth slightly ajar from the shock. Panic started to flood her system as she racked her brain for the right answers. The 12-year old looked at her with confused and curious eyes. In the 12 years that Seulgi has known the kid, she has never seen such serious look grace Yeri's face. This made her even more frantic with the current situation.

"Where did you hear that? That's ridiculous." Seulgi said with laugh, hoping fervently that the her niece buys her reply. I know you're a genius Yerimmie but please, just this once, be a pabo and believe your imo. 

Yeri looked at her with a raised brow before laughing as she nodded her head in agreement. 

"Don't tell unnie. I just heard from some staff. It's ridiculous alright. We would've known!" Yeri said with a grin. 

The bear sighed in relief as she nodded her head in response. 

"But like, who is this V guy? I heard he and unnie were a power couple back in their KMAA days. That's interesting. You were in KMAA too right? So you must've known him!" Yeri said with a mischievous glint in her eyes. Seulgi chuckled but deep inside she was already screaming her head off in panic. 

I want you to know the truth already Yerimmie but not this way. Also, it shouldn't be me. I mean, your parents should be the one to tell you. Oh god. Why does this have to happen to me? Now, how to deal with this...

"Well..." Seulgi began as she tried to think of what to say next. Yeri sensed how distraught Seulgi was and so she decided to end her unnie's struggle. 

"Okay. Okay. I get it. Not your secret to tell, huh? I guess it was a bad break up then? I mean, if it wasn't, Joohyun-unnie would have mentioned him. I mean, she's mentioned about her other boyfriends, but not this V guy." Yeri said as she started to drag Seulgi out of the bathroom. 

"I'll find out on my own then. Let's just keep this a secret then unless you want unnie to strangle you to death." Yeri giggled as she imagined Joohyun running after Seulgi. 

Seulgi sighed in relief upon understanding what the kid was implying but she became worried again when she realized where this could lead to. She pulled Yeri to a halt before they went back inside the main practice room. She kneeled so that she and Yeri were meeting eye to eye. 

"Yeri-ah, you know you can count on me right?" Seulgi began as the kid looked at her with a raised brow.

"Of course unnie. Even though you're a pabo sometimes, I know you've always got my back just like I've got yours. Why so serious unnie?" Yeri said as she patted Seulgi's head. 

"Just know that if you need anything, I'm here for you okay? Like we said, the world we move in here is different from when we were in the States. A lot of things are going to change Yerimmie. Or rather, you will experience a whole new world. Everyone is looking at your every move. People want to know what's happening. There will be others who might spread things about us that may or may not be true. If something or someone bothers you, let us know okay? Let me know. I promise to help you out." Seulgi said with so much seriousness that Yeri has ever seen from her bear-like unnie. 

"You said the same thing as Suho-oppa unnie. Ever since I got here, everyone just seems to be walking on eggshells whenever they're a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter