The Pre-event

Geheimnisse: The Confidential and Conspicuous Life of Kim Yerim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With their hair and makeup done, the Kims have now changed into their suits and dresses for the charity ball. In just about an hour, the press conference will begin. This was the pre-event for the ball. KMH's President addresses the media and highlights the significance of the ball. The official program begins after the press conference. This is marked by the much-anticipated red carpet event where celebrities and prominent figures in society grace the audience clad in their elegant dresses and suits. Once everyone has arrived, the charity's main program begins with wonderful performances and collaborations of artists from different agencies. Everyone looks forward to the KMH charity ball because this is where everyone from various industries and agencies come together for a night of great music, great company, all for charity.

 

"And we're here live at the grand Kim Estate! For the first time in decades, the Kim family has opened their home again to the public for tonight's KMH Charity Ball! As you can see the red carpet is all set up and the entire hall is adorned with intricate and elegant decors. The press have gathered and are anxiously waiting in the conference tent set up just outside the red carpet area. We are a few minutes away from meeting the family behind the country's largest media conglomerate, headed by KMH President Kim Heechul."

 

"The rumors are indeed true. The Kim estate is as grandiose as they say. The entire estate is covered in luscious greens and beautiful infrastructures. Generations of hardwork has truly paid off for the Kim family. But what I love even more than this beautiful place are the Kims themselves. Despite their vast assets and high status, the members of the family have always kept themselves rooted to the ground and continuously give back to society. Their tight-knit clan is really a force to be reckoned with not just in the entertainment industry but in society as a whole."

 

"Heol! Are they all like that? It sounds cringey. Like we're being put on a pedestal." Yeri said as she sat with the younger Kims at the living room waiting for the rest of their family members. The adults looked at each other then back to the 12-year old. Solar patted the space next to her, signaling Yeri to sit beside her. "The press can be a bit overwhelming from time to time. That's why we always remind each other to remember who we are and why we're here. The world we move in keeps a spotlight on our family. Every move we make is being watched. But that shouldn't keep you from living your life. Be as you are and never let the glitz and glamor get to your head. Use your influence to do good." Said Solar while Yeri nodded as she tooked in her cousin's words. "Don't worry Yerimmie. We've got each other's backs. You'll get the hang of things soon." Moonbyul added as she patted the little girl's head. "So, how are you feeling?" Seulgi suddenly asked the kid. Yeri looked at her with a grin on her face. "I'm excited unnie! I finally get to be a part of the ball that you've all been talking about. Buuuuuuuuuuut, I'm a little nervous though. I mean, there would be a lot of people. What if…." Yeri's voice trailed off as she got lost in her thoughts. The adults, especially the twins, exchanged worried looks at the sight of the distracted kid. Solar put an arm around Yeri while Wendy approached her. She squatted in front of the kid and held her cheeks. "Aigooo. No need to be worried Yerimmie. You've got us."

 

The Kim siblings entered the room and saw the look on their maknae. "Everything alright?" Irene worriedly asked. Yeri's face lit up as she saw her siblings. "Our aegi's just a little nervous." Solar said as she pinched Yeri's cheek making the kid squirm in her seat. "Just a little! You've all set the standards way up high. I've got a lot of learning to do to catch up to you guys." Yeri patronizingly said making everyone giggle in amusement. Irene motioned for her which the little girl happily complied with. She was then enveloped in a warm hug by her unnie making the little girl smile in delight. "Don't think too much about it, arasso? Just have fun. Don't mind the people. Be yourself." They all smiled at the sight before them. "We might be a bit preoccupied entertaining guests later. But don't worry, you'll have someone by your side at all times." Suho said as he gave Yeri a squeeze on the shoulder. Jin then pulled Yeri towards him as he backhugged their maknae. "Don't worry Yerimmie. I'll be with you at all times." Yeri laughed at her brother's acti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter