Moving On?

Geheimnisse: The Confidential and Conspicuous Life of Kim Yerim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the bar... 

"Oppaaaaaaa. He's dancing with unnie!" Yeri hissed making Jin jump in surprise as he got pinched by the little girl. Jin turned his head towards the direction Yeri was looking at and saw Irene and Bogum dancing together. Their eyes only for for each other. "I really don't like him oppa. I mean I have this weird feeling about him." Yeri sighed exasperatedly so Jin decided to bring the girl to the bar area and give her a child-friendly drink, aka grape juice, to calm the kid. "I feel the same Yerimmie. But you did promise noona you'd try to get to know him." Jin said as Yeri looked up to follow his gaze on the couple. He carried Yeri up and seated her on a stool while he stood next to her. "You have to help me oppa.  My gut tells me there is something fishy with him. You have to help me find out." Yeri said with a determined look that made Jin a bit surprised. He nodded in agreement since he also felt the same. There is something off with Bogum. The guy is charming and quite friendly. He comes from one of Korea's top corporations. However, just as Yeri said, there is something fishy with the guy. Add to the fact that he simply doesn't see Irene with someone other than his longtime buddy, Taehyung. If only things didn't end the way they did years ago.

 

"Why the sullen look Yerimmie?" Jimin asked as he and Seulgi joined them at the bar. Yeri's face lit up upon seeing one of her favorite oppas. This future in-law she likes. She instantly liked Jimin even though she pulled tons of pranks on him before fully letting him in her circle. Yeri grinned as Jimin gave her a hug while Seulgi sat next to her and gave her a pat on the head. "What's bothering you kid?" Seulgi asked while Yeri simply nodded towards Irene and Bogum. "Oh. Well, good luck to Bogum-ssi. May he survive the test of the master of pranks." Jimin jokingly said making Yeri smirk. "Good luck to him indeed."  The three adults exchanged worried looks as they looked at the little girl smiling mischievously, oblivious to her surroundings.

 

As they exchanged stories over their drinks, Wendy, Yoongi, and Namjoon joined them . "Yoongi-oppa!" Yeri happily greeted her Wendy-unnie's boyfriend who recently passed all her tests. "How's it going squirt?" Yoongi said with a smile. Yeri's attention was then diverted to the guy standing next to Jennie. Jin threw a questioning look at the adults, especially  Yoongi and Namjoon. "Noona's not gonna like this." Jin whispered to Seulgi who was nearest to him. "Buuut…?" Seulgi knew her cousin's tone and looked at him with curiosity. "But I think it's a good idea." He added as he nodded to Namjoon and Yoongi, signalling his approval of what they're about to do. "So Yerimmie, we want you to meet one of our childhood friends. You must've heard of him since he's known in our industry and he's produced great songs for your favorite, SNSD." Wendy started. "Known in the industry as RM but to us he's just Kim Namjoon." Yoongi added. "We go way back even to our diaper days." Jin added with a funny look making everyone chuckle in amusement. "Omo! So you're THE RM! I'm a big fan!" Yeri excitedly said as she looked at him with bright eyes. Namjoon reached out his hand to the kid "It's an honor to finally meet you Yeri. I've heard a lot of things about you." Yeri shook his hand and grinned. "Are you and Jennie-unnie together?" Yeri suddenly asked. Namjoom nodded and smiled shyly. "I saw you two earlier. You look great together! You seem like a nice guy oppa. So I'll make an exception for you. Welcome to the family!" Yeri remarked with a wink making everyone laugh both in surprise and amusement. "Heol! You're so lucky hyung!" Yoongi and Jimin said at the same time making everyone laugh even more.

 

Jennie was dragged away by Jisoo while Yeri was busy talking to Wendy and Seulgi. The boys took the opportunity to catch up. "Thanks bro." Namjoon said. Jin looked at him with a warm smile and squeezed his dongsaeng's shoulder. "About time you guys showed up. I was getting worried. Glad you're finally here."  Jin replied. "He doesn't have any idea but they've got his attention." Namjoon said to Jin who hummed in response. "Are you sure about this? I mean, I'm really happy that you've told me. I want the same thing you want but this is their lives…" Namjoon worriedly said.  "We're only giving them a little push. The rest will be up to them. If it were just up to me, I would've told them the truth already. But since it's not, then I can on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter