The First Meeting Part 2

Geheimnisse: The Confidential and Conspicuous Life of Kim Yerim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: Had to edit a few details on the previous chapter. Very minute details though. So here's Part 2! Sorry if it's taking awhile for the father-daughter to meet. We'll get to that very soon. Promise! ^_^ 

 

=================================================================================

 

At the beach...

"They're already at the cafe with Joy." Yoongi stated as he joined his cousins who were lounging by the beach.

The weather was perfect - not too sunny, nor too cloudy. They all felt excited and nervous at the same time as they waited for the girls to arrive. This was a make or break moment for their plan.

"Yeri's a great kid, bro. You're gonna love her. I'm sure you're going to find a lot of things in common with her." Jimin remarked as he, Yoongi and Namjoon exchanged knowing looks while Taehyung and Hoseok remained clueless.

"So, why do we all have to be here again? I mean, yeah sure, we're all part of Operation VRene. But, he's just going to introduce himself to Yeri."  Hoseok naively asked while the other boys sighed in response.

"This is a make or break moment, Hobi. Yeri is Tae's key to Irene. If she says no to him then we're going to have to climb a higher wall." Jimin calmly replied while Yoongi looked at him with a raised brow.

Namjoon saw the worried look on his brother's face. They all saw it. It made them nervous as well but they were also happy - happy to see the old Taehyung they know - the one who wasn't afraid to share his thoughts and feelings especially to his loved ones.

Since the incident, he became cold towards everyone except for his family. He focused all his attention on his work which is why he successfully rose from the ranks in their family's company. Whenever he went to Korea, he would only do business and return to Germany as soon as possible. Everyone acknowledged his skills and looked up to him. However, they were all concerned about his being a workaholic.

"Yeri is a smart and mature kid. She has a keen sense of understanding. She will know if you're lying or keeping something from her.." Yoongi noted while the boys, especially Taehyung, listened.

"Just like Irene." Namjoon added, making Taehyung smile as he remembered the old times.

"Thanks guys. Thank you for being here. You're all so invested in this though. Haha. Not that I don't appreciate it. I'm really grateful." Taehyung smiled as he thanked his cousins and brother.

"Just be honest with Yeri." Namjoon reminded him again before Yoongi announced that the girls are already on their way. Hearts beating faster with the news, they all readied themselves for Taehyung and Yeri's first meeting.

 

 

Yeri was clinging like a koala to Seulgi while Joy and Wendy walked before them. The boys told them that they moved to one of the exclusive rooms in the restaurant by the beach. It was owned by the twins' aunt, Sooyoung, so they need not worry about privacy. As soon as they entered the restaurant, the staff welcomed the girls especially the twins. Yeri nodded in approval as she noticed the rustic and chill vibe of the restaurant. The manager then led them to the room where they boys were at.

"You ready?" Seulgi asked Yeri before they entered the room.

"I'm not sure, imo. But.. I guess I'll just have to wing it." Yeri replied as she looked at them, nervousness evident in her eyes.

"Yerimmie, you know most of the boys already. So, we're sure you'll be able to know who among them is your dad. Just.. Remember that he still doesn't know about you, arasso? Whether you want to tell him now or later, that's up to you. Don't be sad if he doesn't grasp it right away, okay?" Joy bent down to meet Yeri's eyes as she cupped the kid's face.

"I'll remember that, imo. We'll see how things go." Yeri replied as she turned to open the door.

 

 

The girls were greeted with laughter upon entering the room. They boys were sitting around the table while Hoseok was at the head, dancing to their entertainment. They quiet down when they heard Joy clear to make their presence known.

"Oh hey girls!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter