Knowing the Fiance

Geheimnisse: The Confidential and Conspicuous Life of Kim Yerim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the road...

Yeri was busy looking outside the window taking in the view of the streets of Seoul.

"So unnie, tell me more about you and Bogum. You've had a lot of suitors and it makes me curious how he was able to make you say "yes". What makes him special?" Yeri suddenly asked, curiosity in her tone. Irene smiled then reached out for Yeri's hand and squeezed it tight. 

"Thank you for giving him a chance Yerimmie." Irene glanced at the kid, still holding her hand. Yeri squeezed it back and then repositioned herself so she was clinging to Irene's arm instead while the latter focused her eyes on the road. 

"Stop unnie. I understand why you didn't tell me okay? No point in dwelling on that. Just..just make sure that we'll still have time to hangout, okay? Especially.. especially when you guys get married already. I miss our YeRene time." 

As they halted due to traffic, Irene gently kissed Yeri's head making the kid lean closer to her. 

"Thank you for being so understanding Yerimmie. You are mature beyond your age and it scares me that you're growing up so fast. Now that you're here, I will make sure that we'll have our YeRene time. Even if I'm already married, no one can stop me from spending time with my baby. I promise." Irene replied. 

Yeri clung tighter to Irene when the latter started to move the car forward again.

"Arasso. Well, enough with the drama unnie. Tell me more about you and Bogum. Gotta know more about him so that I can finalize my tests for him." 

Irene chuckled in amusement as she began to share to the kid how she and Bogum met. Yeri listened attentively and smiled seeing how Irene's face lit up as she talked about her fiance. 

"Well, I'm glad that he seems like a good guy, unnie. Even from what the others have told me, I must say... you guys really do make a great couple." Yeri said with a smile.

"That means a lot coming from you, Yeri-ah." Irene said while Yeri remained clinging to her. The kid only hummed in agreement. 

Not long after, they arrived at the parking lot of Lotte World.

"As long as he makes you happy, unnie. And he better not hurt you in any way unless he wants to experience hell on earth." Yeri said protectively as Irene safely parked the car. She then unbuckled her seatbelt and enveloped the girl in a tight hug. No words were needed as the two protectively hugged each other. 

 

At Lotte World...

Yeri and Irene met Bogum at the entrance of Lotte World. The guy was smiling from ear to ear as he saw them approaching. He gave a quick hug to Irene and turned his attention to Yeri. He bent down to her eye-level and gave his best smile. 

"I'm really glad that you're here Yeri-ah. Thank you for giving me the chance to get to know you." 

"I'm looking forward to getting to know you too Bogum-ssi. Everyone's been saying great things about you. Unnie has told me a lot of things about you too." Yeri politely smiled. 

"No need to be formal with me Yeri-ah. You can call me Bogum-oppa if you want. And I hope everything you've heard are good things." Bogum laughed nervously as Yeri looked at him with a smirk on her face. 

Irene chuckled and shook her head in amusement seeing Bogum nervous in fron of her the 12-year old kid. 

"My protective baby. I really hope that you and Bogum get along well. That way, we can live happ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter