Trigger

Geheimnisse: The Confidential and Conspicuous Life of Kim Yerim
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The three remained rooted to their seats as Yeri finished her story. They struggled to find the right response after finding out how long the kid has been keeping this secret on her own. How can this 12 year old act so maturely and independently after finding out a secret that turned her world upside down in an instant? Jin finally spoke as he stood up to get a glass of water.

"They should've told us about your letter. How could they just throw that at you?" He said as he returned to his seat, frustrated at the thought that his parents did not let him know about Yeri's letter.

"Well to be fair to them, they did tell you in their letters to help me out once I start asking. I think it's better this way. Knowing unnie.. ani.. knowing omma.. it would've been chaos if you yourself told me. Halmeoni and harabeoji knew this. They also knew that you will be the ones who will be really close to me and that you would be the ones to help me. Right?" Yeri smiled hopefully as she looked from Jin, to Wendy, then to Seulgi.

"Of course we will!" Seulgi replied while her twin nodded in agreement.

"You're such a brave and mature kid Yerimmie. We're so sorry about all of these. And most of all, thank you. Thank you for being so understanding. I'm beyond amazed by how you've taken all of these. Our aegi's more mature than most grown ups." Wendy said which made Yeri smile as her aunt pulled her for a hug.

"We can't even begin to imagine how hard this is for you Yeri-ah. But you're not alone anymore. You've got us." Seulgi added as she held Yeri's free hand. Jin hummed in agreement.

"It's about time. Yerimmie, it's easier to do things now that you know. We have been waiting for this day." Jin added.

"So uhm. How do we do this? I mean, forgive me if this is a stupid question, but like, since Yeri already knows, why can't she just ask unnie the truth? I mean, it's already Yeri asking.." Seulgi asked with utmost confusion.

"No. Not yet imo. Omma hasn't revealed the truth yet which means she is still not over with whatever issues she had.. has with my father. Sure, she may be over him already given the very obvious fact that she's marrying Bogum. But the ill feelings are still there. Still strong enough for her to hide my true identity." Yeri sadly replied which made the adults sigh as they could not deny this fact.

"Unless, you know, she really plans to just keep this secret to the grave. I know I was kept away from here for my safety especially with what happened to halmeoni and harabeoji. But, I'm here now. So that means, I'm already safe, right? So why?? Maybe.. maybe she doesn't really want to.."

In the two years that she's been keeping this secret, she has never felt so vulnerable and devastated as now. Now that she finally has her most trusted imos and samchon for support, she can feel the walls she's built to protect herself crumbling away. She was surprised herself since she's been holding up pretty well until now. Knowing their niece well, Wendy was quick to put out Yeri's negative thoughts.

"Kim Yerim. Don't even think that your mother doesn't want you. Yerimmie, we all know how much unnie loves you. We don't know the entire story why she's doing this. She won't tell us but she might tell you. She has to. She loves you Yerimmie. There's no doubting that."

"I am safe now. So why hasn't she said anything? Telling me doesn't mean she has to tell my father." Yeri sighed as Wendy patted her back in comfort. The adults sighed as they too have no idea why they're in such a situation. Irene has kept mum about everything ever since their parents death.

"We will help you find out Yeri-ah." Jin said as he patted his niece's head.

"I have to meet my father, samchon. I want to know him. I don't want to keep on living in this lie. I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter