Ch 24: The Angel Next to Me

The One For Me

Bright lights invaded my vision, confusing me for a moment.

After my eyes adjusted, I realized that I was in a hospital room and lying on a hospital bed; I vaguely remembered something had happened, but the effort to recall it just make my head ache.

Then, I realized I wasn’t alone; the sound of soft snores and the feel of hair tickling my cheek were a big clue.

I looked down.

She was sleeping peacefully beside me; her head resting on my chest while her arm draped across my torso. My left hand was hooked around her waist, as if it was the most natural thing in the world; as it should be.

Suddenly, she stirred and raised her head; she blinked a few times before looking up at me. Her eyes widened; I was shocked to see tears spilling down her face.

“Byulie…” She buried her face in my neck, sobbing uncontrollably. “Byulie-ya…”

I tried to move my right hand to her head, but it was in a cast and it hurts to move. I felt so helpless right now; I was tearing up as I hugged her tighter and closer, whispering sweet nothings in her ear.

“Oh. You’re awake.”

A nurse had walked in with a clipboard in her hand; she stopped a few feet from my bed when she saw our tearful embrace. She just smiled and mentioned about calling the doctor before walking out again.

“Wheeinie,” I croaked as I moved my hand to cup the back of her neck and gently force her to look up at me. “Hey, angel…Please don’t cry…Please…”

She blinked her tears away and gave me a small smile. “It’s happy tears, babo,” she mumbled. “I’m just so happy that I can look into your eyes again…”

I grinned and rubbed our noses together. “I’m happy to see you too.”

Suddenly, she scowled. “Liar,” she grumbled, pouting her lips adorably. “You said you can’t sleep without me, but you slept anyway and didn’t wake up.” Her voice lowered to a whisper. “I thought I lost you, Byulie…”

I kissed the crease between her brows. “I’m sorry,” I said as I moved my mouth slowly down her nose and onto her lips. “If it makes you feel better, the last thing I thought of before I close my eyes was you…”

She bit her lip and stared up at me with eyes dark with lust; I felt a shiver of pleasure ran down my spine and my stomach tightened with want. Her gaze slowly lowered and finally settled on my mouth; she wet her lips and I trembled inwardly at the sight.

“I shouldn’t,” she breathed as her fingers gingerly traced the cracks on my lips. “You’re still hurt, Byulie…”

“I don’t care,” I growled. I stuck out my tongue a little, purposely grazing the tips of her fingers; I heard her breath hitched and I couldn’t take it anymore. “I want you, Wheein-ah…”

She let out a shaky breath as she slowly leaned in; we sighed in unison when our lips met. My arm automatically went around her waist, pulling her closer; she was already straddling my hips and her hands were tangled in my hair as she deepened the kiss.

Suddenly, there was a loud knock and an even louder cough interrupting us.

We broke apart with a start, faces flushed and breathing ragged.

The nurse from before had reappeared with the doctor; I couldn’t help but scowl at them for the interruption.

Wheein quickly wriggled out of my embrace and slid off the bed; she cleverly hid her red face with her hair as she bowed politely at the doctor and the nurse before standing quietly to one side.

The doctor cleared his throat and looked at me amusedly. “You seem healthy for someone who just woke up from a coma, Miss Moon,” he said as he stood at the foot of my bed. He glanced at the clipboard the nurse had handed him. “It seems that you sustained a head injury, but-”

“Wait.”

I held up a hand and the doctor’s words stopped abruptly. He looked at me with a raised brow.

“I was in a coma?”

“Yes. For three days.”

I looked over at Wheein; she just gave me a sad smile and a nod. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair; everything was slowly coming back to me – the accident, the girl I tried to save and the regret I felt for not being able to see Wheein that day.

“How’s the girl?” I asked. “Is she okay?”

“She had a little scrape, but she’s fine,” the nurse answered. “Oh, she did come by once, but you were still asleep.”

I smiled. “I’m just glad to hear she’s okay.”

“You don’t seem to sustain major damage to your head, Miss Moon,” the doctor continued. “But to be sure, I’ll put you on observation for a few more days.” He paused. His eyes flickered between Wheein and me. “I suggest you refrain from any strenuous activities for now. You have a broken arm, if you still haven’t noticed.”

If my arm isn’t broken, I would have thrown this pillow at you, dear doctor.

With a quiet chuckle, he left the room; the nurse following closely behind him.

Once the door was closed, Wheein was back on the bed and in my arm.

“This isn’t awkward?” I asked. She looked up at me with a questioning frown. “I mean, you always sleep on my right side…”

She smiled. “It is awkward, but your right arm is hurt and I don’t want to be selfish…”

“Aww…You sweet, sweet angel,” I cooed, peppering light kisses all over her face. She giggled, trying to dodge and failed. Then, in a more serious tone, I added, “I’m going to be a burden for a while. Are you okay with that?”

She tilted her head to the side and pursed her lips. “What are you talking about, Byulie? How can you be a burden when we’re a family?”

I felt a lump formed in my throat; all I could manage was a whisper of “I love you” before I pull her in for a long kiss.

 

__________________________________________________

A/N: Yeah, I at writing angst..haha..so here's another fluffy update...I'm sorry it took so long.. ^^;

Anyways, thank you for reading!! Thank you also for the comments, upvotes and subscribing!! XD