Ch 17: The Promised Date

The One For Me

A/N: I'm so excited that I finally get to write flirty Wheebyul! XD

Hope you enjoy and thank you for reading! ^^

______________________________________________________

Byulie-unnie kept her promise.

A week after our coffee date with Yongsun-unnie and Hyejin, she took me out on a date at a fancy restaurant.

Unfortunately, I still felt like something was missing.

When I told Byulie-unnie, she just laughed and said, “You must be craving beer and dakbal, huh?”

My eyes widened at her accurate guess. “Unnie, are you a mind reader?”

She laughed even harder and pulled my nose playfully.

We went to buy beer together and headed to Yongsun-unnie’s restaurant; she had been working late because Byulie-unnie suddenly decided to quit a few days ago.

“Why don’t you ask Hyejin to help out?” I asked after placing a takeout order of dakbal. “She seems free right now.”

“No, Hyejin just got a new job,” Yongsun-unnie said. “She said she’s finally found the perfect job for her.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Do I dare ask where this perfect job takes place?”

“A karaoke bar.”

That…actually is perfect for Hyejin. She just need food and songs to survive. Oh, and Yongsun-unnie. Can’t forget Yongsun-unnie.

As we waited for our order, Byulie-unnie and I cracked open a beer each.

“I’m so glad I’m not driving tonight,” she said as she sipped her beer. “Or you would have to finish all of these alone.”

I frowned. “You’re not staying the night?”

Oh no. Don’t tell me I’m drunk already? But I haven’t taken a sip.

Byulie-unnie raised her eyebrows. “You...want me to stay?” she asked hesitantly.

“Only if you want to,” I quickly said, blushing furiously. “I mean, it is getting late…”

She chuckled. “I would love to stay,” she said softly and took my hand in hers.

I smiled and we stayed like that for a long while until Yongsun-unnie’s loud voice informed us that our order is ready.

Hand in hand, we headed back to my apartment. Kkomo greeted us with indifference; I sometimes think that he’s actually glad Byulie-unnie comes over because I don’t have to cuddle him so much.

I blushed.

I am not thinking about cuddling with Byulie-unnie. I mean, I’m not opposed to it-

“Wheein-ssi, why are you spacing out here?”

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Byulie-unnie; she was looking at me with amused eyes. It seemed like I stopped moving as soon as I took off my shoes. I mumbled a random excuse and quickly moved towards the kitchen; Byulie-unnie followed me, carrying the bag of beers and dakbal.

We plated the dakbal, grabbed two cans of beer each and headed for the living room. We played games and chatted until we ran out of things to do. When that happens, we just laid on the floor and stared up at the ceiling.

My mind wandered and I suddenly felt curious.

“Unnie?”

“Hm?”

“Who is Krys?”

There was a moment of silence before I heard a chuckle.

I frowned and rolled on my side to face her. She was still on her back, but there was a small smile on her face.

“I was wondering when you would ask,” she said.

“Sorry, I didn’t want to pry too much,” I replied.

She chuckled again. “You’re welcome to pry, Wheein-ah,” she murmured. Then, in a more solemn tone, she said, “Krystal is my ex.”

Oh. That actually explains a lot.

“Is she the one who broke your heart?”

“Yes.”

“You’re still friends with her?”

She rolled on her side to face me. “Will it bother you if I said yes?”

I shrugged. “I’m friends with Hyejin, so…”

She sighed. “We made a promise to stay friends, but something happened and we stopped. We cleared that misunderstanding recently and now we’re friends again.”

We fell silent afterwards, but it only lasted a minute; I couldn’t resist making funny faces at her and Byulie-unnie burst out laughing and in tears. In retaliation, Byulie-unnie kept poking my dimple causing me to start giggling.

After we had both calmed down, Byulie-unnie asked, “Are you free this weekend?”

I raised an eyebrow and smirked. “Are you asking me out on a third date?”

She chuckled. “I’ll take a rain check on that date.” She hesitated. I could hear the nervousness in her voice when she finally spoke. “I want you to meet my brother, Wheein-ah.”

I blinked. “Are you sure, unnie?” I asked warily. “We just had two dates and we barely know each other…”

She looked at me with a soft smile as she reached out and caressed my cheek. “I want to share everything with you, Wheein-ah.” She paused and her smile faltered. “Am I being too forward?”

“Oh no. Of course not, unnie. I would love to meet your brother.”

Her bright smile returned and her nose scrunched up adorably; I was smiling too when I saw how excited she was.

Even when we weren’t exchanging words, I found it oddly comfortable; my fingers easily found hers and I playfully intertwined them together, wondering how they fit so perfectly together.

Suddenly, I saw her eyes fluttering close as a yawn escaped .

“Let’s get you to bed, unnie,” I said as I sat upright.

She rubbed her eyes and sat up, but her head quickly fell on my shoulder. “I’m sorry if I can’t do much in bed,” she mumbled and I blushed at her insinuation. “It’s just that I’ve been pulling two straight all-nighters and my eyes wouldn’t open anymore…”

What exactly have you been doing, unnie?

I kept it to myself and helped her to her feet. Then, I grabbed her by the wrist and led her to the bedroom. But my grip was loose and she easily escaped it; she hugged me from behind and nuzzled her head against my neck.

“If you want, I’m still good for a round…”

Babo, unnie. We still haven’t had our first kiss!

I laughed nervously and playfully slapped her hands on my waist; I was blushing hard and I was glad she couldn’t see my face. “No, unnie. Let’s just go to sleep.”

She nodded against my neck. “Okay…”

We awkwardly walked into the bedroom in that position and fell on the bed together. I turned around in her arms to face her. “Goodnight, unnie.”

She opened her eyes a little and smiled. “Goodnight, angel.”