Ch 20: Can't Sleep Without You

The One For Me

I was too excited at the thought of Wheein coming, I annoyed the hell out of Hani.

“Will you calm down?” she hissed. “Are you drunk already?” Her eyes widened in horror and she gasped. “Are you on drugs?”

I laughed. “Yes, Hani. I am on drugs. Love drugs.”

She smacked the back of my head and muttered something about lovesick fools; I stuck out my tongue at her and she stared daggers at me in return.

I glanced up and saw Krystal walking towards me with a clipboard in one hand. After we made up, I asked Krystal to help me run the service side of the club; a service where I accompany girls who drink alone, up until I send them home in a taxi.

Our eyes met; without exchanging a word, I followed her into the lounge room.

There were three girls waiting for me; they were shy at first, but they warmed up to me after a round of drinks. But I was too jittery to focus on them; my eyes kept swivelling from them and the door.

After what seemed like an eternity, my angel finally appeared; Yongsun and Hyejin were right beside her.

I quickly hopped off the plush couch and muttered some lame excuse before speeding off in her direction.

“You came!” I cried gleefully, wrapping my arms around her.

She giggled and planted a chaste kiss on my lips. “Of course. I promised, didn’t I?”

I turned to greet the other two. “Hey, Yong. Hyejin.”

Hyejin smirked. “Unnie, drinks on you, right?”

Before I could protest, she ordered drinks for her and Yongsun; Hani looked amusedly at me before complying with Hyejin’s orders.

I sighed.

There goes my allowance for this month.

Yongsun rested one hand on my shoulder and smiled. “Thank you for this,” she whispered. “We haven’t gone out in a while and it’s driving Hyejin crazy.”

I grinned. “Glad I could help.” Then, I shifted my attention to Wheein. “Want to dance?”

She nodded and I led her to the dance floor.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that she could dance as well as she could paint; it felt like we were in our own little world as we grinded against each other in time with the song.

When the song ended and a slow song came on, we drifted closer until there were no space between us; she wrapped her arms around my neck and I placed my hands on her hips.

“Are you sure you haven’t gone clubbing before?” I asked jokingly and received an adorable glare. “It’s just that you’re really good at dancing.”

“Thank you,” she said shyly, lowering her gaze. “I took lessons before, but I’m a bit rusty.”

Liar. I bet you secretly dance with Kkomo at home.

I kept that thought to myself and just enjoyed the silence between us as we swayed to the song.

After the song ended, we headed back to the bar where Yongsun and Hyejin were too busy flirting to notice us; Yongsun’s face was already red and she was giggling at everything Hyejin said.

Suddenly, I noticed Krystal waiting for me with a scowl on her face.

Ah, crap. I forgot about the girls.

She opened to scold me, but I saw her eyes flickered towards Wheein and a look of understanding dawned on her face. “Fine,” she said with a sigh. “I’ll just send them home.”

“Thanks, Krys,” I said.

After Krystal left, Wheein and I sat at the bar and ordered our drinks.

“So, you’re working with Krystal-unnie?” Wheein asked after Hani had served our drinks.

I looked at her worriedly. “Yeah. Is that…a problem?”

She shook her head, but her eyes were stubbornly fixed on her drink. “It’s good to see you getting along with her.”

I gently turned her face towards me. “Hey, be honest with me. Is Krystal being here bother you?”

She bit her lip and averted her eyes. Then, she slowly looked at me again. “A little bit, yes.”

I planted a soft kiss on her lips. “You have nothing to worry about, angel,” I whispered. “I only have eyes for you.”

She blushed and tugged at my tie, pulling me in for a longer kiss.

 

It was nearly midnight when Yongsun and Hyejin decided to leave; I persuaded Wheein to stay a little longer and she did.

After another round of drinks, we headed up to my apartment.

We were both a little tipsy; we kept giggling and shushing each other and then giggled again as we climbed the stairs.

I helped her changed and tucked her into bed; I smiled when I remembered something similar happening after our first date.

“Sleep tight, angel,” I whispered as I kissed her temple.

Then, I changed out of my work clothes and washed up before making my way towards the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water. By the time I finished, I was a little bit sober.

I didn’t feel sleepy yet, so I lied down on the couch and started scrolling through my phone until my vision darkened.

 

I didn’t wake up because I was a light sleeper; it was the heavy feeling on my chest that was making it hard for me to breathe.

I opened my eyes to find an angel curled on top of me, snoring peacefully.

I would have laughed and even enjoyed the position we were in if I wasn’t having a hard time breathing.

I slowly sat up, gently lifting half of her body off of mine and then I set her head down on my lap. A smile formed on my lips as I stared down at her, slowly running my fingers through her silky hair.

Even when you’re asleep you make me happy. Maybe you really are an angel, Jung Wheein-ssi.

Suddenly, she stirred.

She slowly sat up and looked around as if searching for something; she finally looked at me and a smile formed on her lips, showing off her deep dimple.

“You weren’t there when I woke up,” she mumbled as she scooted closer and wrapped her arms around my neck. “I came out and found you on the couch.”

I chuckled and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her even closer. “You were sleeping on top of me, you know,” I said. “I couldn’t breathe.”

She pouted. “Are you calling me fat?” Before I could defend myself, she pressed her lips briefly on my cheek. “I’m sorry I almost killed you.”

“It’s okay. I’m still here.” I looked at her with concerned eyes. “Were you that uneasy when I’m not sleeping next to you?”

She nodded slowly and smiled. “I can’t go back to sleep when you’re not there.” She paused and pinched my nose playfully. “It’s your fault that I’m like this.”

I chuckled and tightened my arm around her. “I’m sorry. I promise I won’t let you sleep alone again.”

She looked at me with an odd expression. “Don’t make promises you can’t keep, Byulie.”

I smiled. “This is one promise I intend to keep, Wheeinie.”

She laughed. “Of course you’re keeping it,” she said. “It’s not like you can sleep without me either.”

“You’re right. I can’t,” I murmured as I pressed my lips against hers. “And I don’t ever want to change that.”

 

______________________________________________________

A/N: Here's another long update. I love writing flirty Wheebyul and I can't stop...haha.. ^^;

Thank you as always for reading and commenting! ^_^