Ch 11: Disoriented Byul

The One For Me

After dinner, we sat in the living room and talked.

I didn’t remember the last time I genuinely had a talk with a girl; I vaguely remembered doing something on a couch, but it was definitely not talking.

I learned that Wheein is an artist and she’s working on a collection for her upcoming exhibition; she’s currently in a slump though and took on portrait and sculpting requests to keep herself occupied.

I actually enjoyed listening to Wheein more than talking; she would recount events animatedly and my eyes would be drawn to her dimple every time she smiled or laughed.

“Unnie, I want to show you something,” Wheein said, beaming from ear to ear.

I just raised an eyebrow and let her drag me towards a small room.

“This is where I create my masterpieces,” Wheein announced, throwing the door opened and ushered me inside. “Welcome to Wheeny’s Studio.”

As soon as I stepped in, I felt like I was transported into a new dimension; I was surrounded by coloured canvases and sculptures of various shapes and sizes.

Wow,” was all that escaped my mouth as I stood at the entrance of the studio, drinking in the sight with eager eyes. “This is amazing. You’re amazing.”

“Thanks,” Wheein replied shyly.

My heart skipped a beat when she slipped her hand into mine; she smiled up at me and I could not resist smiling back.

With our hands intertwined, she gently guided me around the studio, explaining to me the meaning and inspiration behind the paintings.

“Now I’m inspired,” I announced and joined my thumbs and forefingers together to form a square. “I suddenly have the urge to take some pictures.”

“You’re a photographer?” Wheein asked, surprise evident in her voice.

I shook my head and laughed. “No, no. It’s a hobby. But I got a professional camera, so I guess you could call me Miss Photographer.”

I puffed out my chest and Wheein burst out laughing; I felt some sort of pride for being able to extract that kind of laugh from Wheein.

“You’re ridiculous, unnie,” she said, grinning as she wipe the tears that had escaped her eyes. “I would love to see your pictures one day.”

I blushed.

It was the first time I shared my passion for photography with someone; I didn’t even tell my closest friends about it yet.

Silence fell over us, but it didn’t feel awkward at all; we were both smiling and gazing silently into each other's eyes.

Suddenly, a loud scratching noise against the studio door made us both jump; only when we heard a familiar meow did we breathe normally.

Wheein chuckled. “I guess Kkomo is getting lonely out there.”

I cleared my throat and smiled. “It’s time to go then.”

“But before that…”

It happened so fast, I didn’t have a chance to react.

In two quick strides, Wheein was in front of me; she stood on her tiptoes and planted a kiss on my cheek.

“That’s to thank you for a great night,” she murmured, flashing her dimpled smile. Then, she winked and added, “We should do this again, unnie.”

As soon as the studio door closed behind her, I crouched down with my head in my hands; my face was on fire and my ears were filled with the thundering sound of my heartbeat.

That little temptress...

When I finally calmed down and came out of the studio, Wheein was cuddling with Kkomo on the couch; she noticed me and grinned.

“Are you okay, unnie?” she asked innocently.

“I’m fine.”

I cringed when I heard the crack in my voice; Wheein giggled.

“I’ll be off now,” I said, heading for the door. “Goodnight, Wheein-ssi.”

“Good night, unnie! Oh, don’t forget about our date tomorrow, ‘kay?”

My steps halted and I spun around to face her. “What date?” I asked, eyes wide with surprise.

Wheein jumped off the couch and pushed me towards the door. “Go home, unnie,” she said, chuckling. “I’ll text you the details tomorrow.”

She literally kicked me out of her apartment and slammed the door in my face.

I stood there, frozen, and stared at the closed door for a long moment.

What the hell just happened?

 

______________________________________________________

A/N: Hi, here's the last part of Wheebyul's house date. ^_^

I'll throw in more dramas in the next chapter. Look forward to it. ;-)

Thank you for reading! ^^