Ch 15: The Morning After

The One For Me

My head throbbed as soon as I opened my eyes.

With a loud groan, I slowly sat up and held my head in my hands; my hazy memory reminded me that I went drinking with Hyoyeon-unnie last night and, apparently, I out.

Suddenly, I felt a movement next to me.

My head automatically swiveled to my right and I let out a cry of surprise; actually, I screamed my head off.

“Yah, what’s with the wake-up call?” a husky voice asked, followed by a loud groan as the person sat up. “Is that how you thank your saviour?”

Listening closer, the voice sounded familiar.

“Byulie-unnie?” I asked as I stared at the curtain of hair covering her face.

She held up a hand and made a lazy “V” sign. Then, she flipped her hair to reveal her bare face and half-opened eyes.

“Morning, angel,” she drawled, giving me a sleepy smile.

“M-Morning…”

“You hungry?” she asked as she suppressed a yawn.

As if on cue, my stomach rumbled; if that traitorous stomach was in front of me, I would’ve strangled it.

She looked at me and grinned. “I’ll take that as a yes.”

She directed me to the bathroom to wash up and then disappeared.

After I was done, I went looking for her; she was in the kitchen trying to cook.

I bit back a smile and approached her. “Unnie, what are you doing?” I asked.

She looked up with dazed eyes and held up the two eggs in her hands. “Scrambled eggs.” She smiled sheepishly. “Sorry, I rarely cook…”

I shook my head and took the eggs from her. “Go. Wash up. I’ll cook.”

She apologized again before heading to the bathroom. I quickly whipped up a simple breakfast and set it on the dining table along with two mugs of hot coffee.

Then, I realized something.

“Where is Hyoyeon-unnie?” I asked when Byulie-unnie came back.

“Home,” she said as she took a seat at the table. “She insisted that I call her boyfriend to pick her up.”

I nodded and then stopped. “Where am I then?”

Byulie-unnie chuckled. “My apartment, silly.”

I blushed.

It was silly; the first clue should have been her sleeping in the bed. With me.

Wait a minute.

“Unnie, did something happened between us?” I asked.

Byulie-unnie nearly choked on her coffee. “Wh-What?”

I gestured at the clothes I’m wearing. “I mean, I wasn’t wearing this last night…”

“Oh, yeah. You puked all over yours, so I lent you mine.”

I frowned. “You…changed my clothes?”

Her eyes widened and she quickly shook her head. “No, no. You woke up for a bit and changed on your own. I didn’t look. I swear!”

I bit my lip. It was adorable how Byulie-unnie was earnestly denying and yet blushing at the same time.

“Okay, okay, I get it,” I said and chuckled. “Let’s eat.”

We ate and chatted like we did during our impromptu dinner the other day. Byulie-unnie mostly listened, smiled and nodded whenever I was talking; it was flattering to have her dark eyes focused only on me.

Suddenly, my phone rang.

I hesitated when I saw the caller ID, but after another two rings, I answered.

“Hyejinnie? Why are you calling me so early?”

“Wheein-ah? Are you free today?”

“Today?” My eyes flickered to Byulie-unnie; she was staring at me and our eyes met. She smiled and I smiled back. “Why?”

“Let’s get coffee together.”

“Coffee?” My voice trembled and my hold on the phone tightened; Byulie-unnie raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. “Just us two?”

“No, no. Yongsun’s coming too.”

“Oh, Yongsun-unnie too.” I was surprised to hear the relief in my voice. “Hyejin-ah, are you trying to make me a third wheel on your date?” I asked teasingly.

“Ey~ Of course not. Ask Byulie-unnie to come with you. It can be a double date.”

“A double-” I covered my mouth with my hand; I knew I was grinning like a fool and I didn’t want Byulie-unnie to see. “Hyejin-ah, I can’t ask her,” I whispered into the phone. “We’re not like that…”

“Oh.” There was a brief pause. Then, “I still want you to come, Wheein-ah. Yongsun wants to talk to you.”

I frowned. “About what?”

“Come and find out.”

Then, she hung up.

I stared at my phone in disbelief; a million thoughts ran through my mind as I tried to figure out why Yongsun-unnie wants to talk to me. I started to feel nauseated at the thought that Yongsun-unnie knew.

“Are you going?”

I looked at her, startled by the sudden query. Byulie-unnie smiled and patiently repeated her question.

“I don’t know,” I finally answered. “I’m scared, unnie. I’m scared of what Yongsun-unnie is going to say...”

In a flash, I was pulled out of my chair and into her embrace.

“It’s okay if you don’t go,” Byulie-unnie murmured as she gently pressed my head into her shoulder. “I’ll understand even if they don’t.”

I gripped her T-shirt with both hands; my tears threatened to fall at her words, but I swallowed them back.

“Thank you, unnie.” I pulled away and looked up at her. “I’ll go, but only if you go with me.”

She stared at me for a moment. “Jung Wheein, are you asking me out on a second date?”

My heart fell as I remembered my luck with securing second dates.

“Y-You don’t want to?” I asked timidly.

She chuckled and cupped my cheek. “I’m honoured to be your date,” she said softly. “Just remember. If anything happens, I’m right there with you.”

I nodded and buried my face into her shoulder, afraid that my tears would really fall this time.

 

______________________________________________________

A/N: Hi, here's another update before Wheein's D-Day with Yong and Hyejin. Why am I nervous to write the next chapter? ^^;

Anywyas, thank you for continuing to read this fic! And thank you for the comments! You guys inspire me sometimes and reading your comments helps when I'm stuck.. haha.. thank you again! ^^