Side Story: Hyejin & Yongsun

The One For Me

A/N: I wrote this in 3rd person, so it's a side story. Enjoy the Hwasun chapter! ^^

Plus, I hinted at something that's going to happen later on. ^_^

Thank you for reading! ^^

___________________________________________________

Hyejin didn’t realize she had fallen asleep until the morning sun decided to greet her by shining its rays directly on her face.

But even before she opened her eyes, she knew something felt different.

After Byul had left, Hyejin had went to the bedroom to check on Yongsun; the older woman was sound asleep and didn’t look like she would wake up anytime soon.

Since Hyejin often slept late, she wandered around the apartment looking for something to pass the time until sleep comes for her; she didn’t expect the exhaustion that hit her as soon as she sat on the couch.

The last thing Hyejin remembered, she was alone on the couch and she was sitting upright; now, she was lying down and she felt something heavy resting on the side of her head.

Hyejin started to sit up, but was pushed down again.

“Sleep,” said a sleepy voice. “It’s still early.”

Hyejin smiled, recognizing her girlfriend’s voice. “Yes, babe,” she said, chuckling. “But the sun is killing my eyes and I bet your neck is killing you too.”

She heard a protesting groan, but nothing else; the heavy feeling on the side of Hyejin’s head had disappeared and she was able to sit up.

Hyejin stared at her girlfriend’s adorable sleepy face. “I love you,” she suddenly said.

Yongsun’s eyes were wide open now and her eyes met Hyejin’s. “I love you too,” she said softly. Then, she laughed. “Why are you being so greasy this early?”

“I had to say it,” Hyejin said, smiling slightly. “If I don’t, you might disappear again.”

Yongsun’s face changed and she pulled Hyejin into a tight embrace. “I’m not going anywhere, Hyejin-ah,” she said fiercely. “Why would you think that?”

Hyejin hugged her back and buried her face in Yongsun’s shoulder. “Because you disappeared last night,” she mumbled. “I waited and waited, but you never came back. I called and texted, but you never replied. I was worried, but I didn’t know what to do. If Byulie-unnie didn’t bring you home…”

Hyejin was crying now and Yongsun’s T-shirt was soaked; Yongsun was panicking inside, but forced herself to appear calm as the older one of the two.

“I’m sorry, baby,” Yongsun murmured as she gently Hyejin’s hair. “I’m sorry for running away...”

Hyejin pulled away and her teary eyes stared at Yongsun curiously. “Why did you run, Yongsun-ah?” she asked. “Why did you say all those things last night?”

Yongsun hesitated. She was ashamed about her outburst and wanting to forget, she went to Byul’s club and drank; since she didn’t know much about alcohol, she accidentally drank the strongest one and passed out.

“I guess I was jealous,” Yongsun murmured, averting her gaze. “You’ve been talking nonstop about Wheein since we had that dinner together and I, uh, feel a bit lonely…”

Hyejin cupped her girlfriend’s face and turned it towards her, forcing their eyes to meet. “But you said I’m still in love with Wheein,” she said. “That’s a serious thing to say to your girlfriend, Yongsun-ah.”

Yongsun lowered her gaze. “I know. I’m sorry,” she mumbled. “But I can’t shake the feeling that you two have some unresolved feelings for each other…”

Hyejin leaned in and kissed Yongsun’s lips, startling the older woman.

“Should we go and ask Wheein?” Hyejin asked with a smile.

Yongsun’s eyes widened. “What?”

Hyejin shrugged. “I have nothing to hide,” she explained. “I’m sure Wheein doesn’t either. I’ll grill my own best friend if it’ll ease your worry, Yongsun-ah.”

Yongsun smiled. “We don’t really have to grill her,” she said, encircling her arms around Hyejin’s neck. “Let’s just be civil about it and ask her out for coffee or something.”

Hyejin chuckled as her hands moved from Yongsun’s cheeks and into her tousled hair. “As you wish, princess,” she murmured and captured Yongsun’s lips with hers.