The wedding

Aurora(Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shined brightly on the morning of the wedding, starting off the weekend in the best way possible. Today, Yuha told her friends that she sadly couldn't join them for their usual weekend activities. Luckily they didn't end up asking Yuha too many questions and just let her go. The rest of the girls watched as Yuha carried a bunch of bags and belongings over to a sleek car parked at the gate to their house. Yuha walked over to the other side of the car, supposedly speaking with the driver for a second before looking back and suddenly shrinking back when she realized that all of the girls were looking at her. With a few light motions of her hand, she signals that she'll be ok and beckons them away. As she opens the door, she makes sure to block the view of whoever is driving the car, and then moments later, they're off. The girls sit in a circle on the couches in the living room. All of them sit there idly and perplexed when Rena breaks the silence.

 

Rena:  "Roa and I saw Yuha come out of that same car yesterday when she went shopping for clothes. I'm guessing that Yuha made a new friend who loves fancy cars and shopping. She said that her friends bought a dress for her to wear for this middle school play, but idk if she was telling the truth"

Roa:  "True. That's the most reasonable conclusion right now since we don't wanna jump to any conclusions. That's actually nice since that means that now she will get out and buy more things instead of just staying home and continuously cleaning the house every week."

Kyulkyung:  "Well, when you told me about the dress, I snuck into her room while invisible and tried but wasn't able to find it. From the way she tensed up and looked around the room carefully, I think she started to sense another person somewhere in the room, so I fled before she could scold me. I went back to her room after she was asleep and tried to find the dress and found it in the hidden weapons compartment. I looked at the dress, and um...I think that type of dress is a bit too elegant and elevated for a simple middle school play. I mean, unless the play has a ballroom scene or something, but even then it still might be a bit too much. I took a picture of both dresses if you want to see them."

Everyone:  "Yes please!!!"

 

All of the girls nodded their heads in unison as Kyulkyung showed them 2 pictures of the dress. Xiyeon quickly realized that the dress must be for the wedding that Yuha told her about. Hmmm...should she tell the others about the wedding, or should she keep it a secret? The dresses were indeed a bit too fancy for a simple play. As the girls pondered, Eunwoo came up with a reasonable explanation.

 

Eunwoo:  "Well the school dance is soon, so maybe Yuha's friends were just buying a dress for that. This dress would actually fit that occasion pretty well. Still though, if that were the reason, then why would she lie to us? Is it just because she told us she wasn't going to go, but then changed her mind? She can be stubborn, but I don't think that she's THAT stubborn."

Yehana:  "Maybe someone is trying to set Yuha unnie up? Haha if that works then we'll have 3 people in Pristin who are in a relationship. Yuha unnie, Sungyeon, and I."

Nayoung:  "Oh Heck no! I'm the only matchmaker for Yuha! I know someone who happens to have his mind set on Yuha."

Xiyeon:  "I wonder who that person is...maybe Mingyu oppa? He had some obvious moments where I could see him doting on my roommate just like Cha Eunwoo dotes on me...Cha Eunwoo is getting more and more suspicious I swear. I saw him at the gym speaking to this other girl, and they looked really chummy, like, very close. Anyways, I think all of us should relax, she probably had a different play to practice right after."

Roa:  "Get your mind off of Cha Eunwoo Xiyeon. That kind of reasoning is for a saint Xiyeon. I would much rather leave it up to my imagination and think that she's out with someone significant. Anyways, does anyone wanna deliver these cupcakes with me? I quickly made more, because turns out my cousin needed them for a wedding today. She said that the couple getting married wouldn't mind having a few more people over, no more than 2. We could drop by at lunch and get some free food."

 

Everyone raises their hands after the best 2 words in the world, 'free food', were mentioned. The girls end up duking it out to see who could go, Kyla and Eunwoo winning. Oh boy...Eunwoo was probably going to clear the entire venue of their food...  Nayoung, Rena, Kyulkyung, Sungyeon, Yehana, and Xiyeon sigh and pout in defeat. Then it hits Xiyeon...the wedding that Roa and the others are delivering the cupcakes to could be the same one as Yuha is attending! She quickly shoots a message to Yuha, warning her to be careful and not get caught...or do if that's what she wants. The text sent, but even after starting at the phone for what seemed like forever, there was no indication that Yuha had seen the text. Xiyeon only hoped that Yuha would realize in time...

 

In the car, Mingyu was going over all of the questions that his relatives and the people there could ask. Many of the questions had answers that a normal friend would know, some had answers that a very close friend would know, and other questions were just the standard 'oh when did you guys start dating' and 'where did you guys meet?'. The 2 had to make sure their answers were the same so they didn't raise suspicions. A friend introduced the 2, they've been friends for a few years, Mingyu confessed during the first week of summer, and they've been dating ever since. That was the 'alibi' they were sticking to. Auntie Hana would be traveling with them, so they stopped by her shop on the way there to get their hair and makeup done. The whole fake girlfriend act was starting to feel smoother and easier for Yuha now. As they walked in and Yuha saw auntie Hana, she understood why the woman had her own designer clothing now. Hana wore a lovely dress and had both her hair and makeup finished already. The air of beauty and endless youth flowed around her, yet she still looked professional. Auntie Hana knew what she was doing!

 

As she got her makeup done, Yuha could feel Mingyu's gaze that was almost burning as he looked at her. He gave her the signature wink and smile paired with a thumbs up, and in response, Yuha just laughed. While multiple people worked on her makeup and hair, Yuha pondered Mingyu's actions. He had always been a flirty and charming guy, to her at least. Those were the keywords, to her at least. Mingyu always acted differently when Yuha was around, and she started catching onto the difference very recently. When she acted other people about it, they always agreed with the part about him being humorful, but only some mentioned slight flirtation. Maybe that was just his style? Honestly, that was the only thing that Yuha couldn't figure out: his true inner thoughts and feelings and intricacies. Many of her friends don't realize that Yuha is psychic and can read their minds, but Mingyu does. He always has his permissions locked so that Yuha can't read his mind. This does make him very interesting and mysterious, but this also creates a lot of extra work for Yuha to understand him. Today might be a really good chance for Yuha to learn a bit more about her friend from his relatives, and find some possible blackmail material to annoy him with. Auntie Hana looked satisfied with the final result and took a picture again before joining the 2 in Mingyu's car. Their final destination was a venue 20 minutes away. On the car ride there auntie Hana asked many questions, almost all of which were expected. For the unexpected ones, Mingyu and Yuha's quick thinking got the job done.

 

Before Yuha could even introduce herself to the other wedding guests, auntie Hana did so for her. She went around, pointing out that Mingyu had finally found someone to dote over. Yuha was surrounded within the next second, with guests of the party asking her all sorts of questions...too many questions. Before Yuha could get too deep into the onslaught of draining questions, Mingyu leads her away and over to meet the man and woman of the hour. His cousin quickly perked up upon seeing Mingyu, giving him a pat on the back and a thumbs up. Mingyu's only response is an open smile and slight blush. Yuha allows the cousins to continue talking while she heads for the drink table. Being fully honest, Yuha was feeling more like a beer today, so she headed over to the side of the table surrounded by mostly guys and grabbed a can. As much as she would love to drink a bit more, she doesn't want drunken Yuha to come out...especially not here in front of all of Mingyu's relatives and friends. As Yuha finishes drinking her first, and sadly only, can of beer, the bride herself walks over and strikes up a conversation.

 

"You must be the one that people are talking about! I love what you're wearing! I'm assuming it's a dress from Auntie Hana?"

"Oh yes, of course. Mrs.Hana really does design beautiful formal attire. Congratulations on your marriage!"

"Thank you! I believe my days from now on will become even better than they were before!"

"So how long have you known the groom?"

"Around 5 or 6 years now. How long have you known Mingyu? You guys must be at a serious stage in the relationship for him to take you to such a public event with his relatives."

"Hmmm...it's been a few years as well, most likely similar or slightly less than the amount of time you've known the groom. Mingyu and I are at a point where we feel extremely delighted when we spend time together. It's heartwarming to see him so happy here. Is it just me, or does your husband-to-be look a lot like Mingyu? I understand that they are c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter