Disperse pt 2

Aurora(Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for any grammatical mistakes!

Nayoung POV:

Everyone met at the cafe as expected. We rented one of the study rooms and ordered our drinks and some snacks. Since all of the documents were already on the shared folder, we created a powerpoint that we could all edit. Now we had to figure out an outline for the format that we wanted to choose. The teacher had set formatted outlines for us to choose from, but how we organized and presented our information using those models was up to the individuals. While waiting for our food and worked on each of the slides in our section. It was difficult since we tried not to squash too many words onto a single slide, but honestly, it is a lot of information to cover. Sejeong and Seola wanted to make it aesthetically pleasing but were split on how they wanted things to be designed, so currently, half of our slides were formulated in Sejeong's manner and the other half was formulated in Seola's manner. The arrival of our food and desert momentarily stopped everything we were doing. Somehow Xuanyi still had dried seaweed with her and insisted on pairing it with some of the more savory dishes she ordered. Exy paused her eating to say something that I never would have expected from her.

 

"You 2 really have to come to an agreement on the style of our slides. I don't mind, but if any other members have their opinions on how they want the slides to look, then let's try to reach a general consensus."

 

Wow, that was very leader-like of her? Normally she seems so chill and stoic. Seola only seemed to smile warmly at Exy, and for a moment I thought I saw something flicker in Exy's eyes.

 

"Wow, as expected of the cosmic girls' leader. Cosmic girls or WJSN, by the way, is a dance group that both Exy, Xuanyi and I are in. Ok then Sejeong, let's try to agree on a few styles to use for our slides. We can alternate the formatting for certain sections to make sure things aren't too boring. Does anyone else have any suggestions for slides or formatting?"

"Oh I do. Create a specialized slide for the pictures that Nayoung and I took while at the lab. It would be nice to have them seem like postcards."

"Hmmm...I like your thinking Chungha. Seola and I will definitely do that. Anything from you Nayoung and Xuanyi?"

"Nope, I'm good. All I ask is that you don't make the alternating themes clash with each other or differ too much."

"Can I sneak in a meme about seaweed? That's the only thing I want."

"Yes Nayoung, I agree. And Xuanyi, as your leader I strongly oppose. You already know that Seola won't allow it, and as goofy as Sejeong can be I don't think she'll allow a sabotage like that."

"Rip. Oh well, it was worth a try."

 

Once everyone conquered their munchies and had fuel for their brain, everything went by more smoothly. Sejeong and Seola had found a few pretty nice themes and formats that they could both agree on, though it did take seemingly forever, and applied them to the respective slides. We finished what we had planned for today early, adding an extra 40 minutes of free time into our previously planned hour. We walked around for a bit, just window shopping. I continued to feel unsafe though as if a pair of eyes were always watching me. We had no idea what to do when Sejeong decided that we should go to the gym, but her reason was different from what I thought it was. Sejeong was very fit, and that was obvious, but...as she's explaining the reason right now...what?!

 

"Going to the gym is wonderful. I personally think that it's really y when a person is soaked in sweat. Wear a padded jacket, place a hot pack in it, and then do the choreography or workout twice. After that, please walk over to me!"

"Ya-Se right here. YaSe, I'll make sure that I'm a good leader and keep you away from all my members of Cosmic girls. I thought that you would want to go to the gym to work out."

"Nope. I go there to scope out hot people like Nayoung. What? What's with all these judgemental looks I'm getting? I'm just giving her a compliment and stating a fact."

"Thanks for your compliment I guess? What gym are we going to though? Because some of my friends might be at that gym right now dancing."

"WITH PADDED JACKETS AND HOT PACKS????"

"Sadly for you Sejeong, no. They are sane people, so they are wearing normal clothes. Plus, the dancing that they are practicing is more traditional slow dance. For modern dances to trashy pop and overplayed music, I feel like some people just flail around and still pass as dancers. Personally, I think Chungha is a great dancer."

"Whelp, so no sweat...that's fine though. Let's still go to the gym! There, we can get Chungha to show us her dancing skills! Well, only if she's comfortable. If not, I'll be on the lookout for hotties."

 

We decided to walk to the gym, much to the dismay of Seola and Xuanyi, to whom exercise is less than appealing. We stopped and went inside a few stores along the way, buying some new clothes to wear, even though each of us probably already had more than 2 closets worth of clothes. Still though, if I see some pretty looking clothes, I just might try it on and then maybe buy it.

 

Roa POV:

I thought I would be peer tutoring since my friend asked for help, but it turns out it was my friend's younger cousin that needed help. This little girl is really not getting a strong handle on military history... At least she's paying attention and getting good notes down. Currently, she's mainly having trouble writing about these key events and concepts and their impact on a grand scale. Given the amount of time and how deep in depth we went into these events, she should have been able to write an adequate essay by now. I feel bad for her...she's trying so hard but seems to be taking longer than I thought to grasp and fully retain certain concepts. Maybe I should slow it down a bit, even though she hasn't asked me herself.

 

"Yeojin, do you understand the intricacies of this rebellion? Can you give me 3 details and then link them to an overall concept?"

"Um...the rebellion started in the southern towns. The main social class that was started this rebellion was the upper class who owned land...um...the each side's normal allies couldn't help because they were in a war of their own...and...many new weapons were created during trials to combat the corruption?"

"Yes, those are all right! Now can you further elaborate and tie all of these events into an overall concept?"

"Um... the creation of the 'special' gun was fueled by a series of revolts from the upper class. They were created to better control the rowdy upper class."

"Hmmm...sort of there, but for our purposes today, that'll have to do. We need to move onto the period of American military history in order to better understand world history. You'll see the domestic and foreign impacts. But first, take a 5-minute break before we wrap things up."

"Oh I think I might have some previous knowledge on that. My sister, Haseul, studied in America for a year or so. Apparently, it was nice there, and she said that she met some people who claimed that they had supernatural powers or something. I mean, amongst the world's current tech creations and innovations, some certainly seem supernatural. This had me thinking about that whole Hongdae Heroes thing. Personally, I think that it might be true. With all of the pictures that Haseul unnie brought back from America, there are apparently higher cases of occurrences similar to the one in Hongdae. What do you think about this Roa unnie?"

"Wait your sister is Haseul? I was wondering why you looked so familiar. Haseul and I are really close, we've been close for around 6 years now, but she never mentioned a younger sister!"

"Yeesh...unnie and I have this sort of act where we don't openly acknowledge each other as sisters. We acknowledge each other as pests mainly."

"Ok, I see. Haseul set said though, personally due to the quality of the video I'm highly skeptical of these "Hongdae Heroes" actually existing. The proof could barely count as proof, and these days certain people can do a really good job with photoshop. Also, considering that it's Hongdae, people could just have been drunk and out of their mind. What I want to know is that if the event actually happened, then why aren't more people agreeing with that small group of people?"

"I know, yet I really want it to be true though. It would be so cool if there are people here in Korea that are like superheroes you know? It would be like a real-life Marvel or DC comic. I really wanna try and learn martial arts!"

"Huh....ok. If you wanna learn martial arts, you can always try out the dojo where I go. I'm not sure if hapkido is the martial art you want to try though."

"OH! I WANNA LEARN THAT! I need to learn martial arts so that I can defend myself and protect others better. People always compare me to a lentil bean, and it's getting pretty annoying."

"Now that you mention it, yeah totally, you look like a small lentil bean. I mean this in a nice way of course. Anyways, just the part about defending yourself and protecting others right? Hapkido is great for use in real life, but you do realize that we are in an age of rapid development right? There are weapons such as guns, where even if one does know martial arts, it won't be of much use far away. The range of a bullet is a lot farther than a melee style hand to hand combat range. Nonetheless, learning a martial art is still useful for your overall health and is a great experience for the most part."

"I'll ask my mom to check it out. You go to one of the Pledis dojos right? Sweet."

"I'm just gonna check my phone really quickly...ok so we have around 15 minutes left, so I'll just give you this worksheet, and you need to finish the front and back in 15 minutes. I want full sentence answers ok? Sweet. I'll give you a minute or 2 to prepare."

 

As I'm walking to my car and looking at the answers Yeojin gave, she's definitely showing improvement, but her analysis and explanation still aren't elaborative enough. Poor kid, she has so much pressure from needing to be like her sister. Haseul and I are still close. I remember envying her so much for how intelligent and skilled with English she was. Luckily that feeling of envy didn't ruin our friendship and died down quickly. Why would she never mention her sister though...I don't wanna pry too deep into this. I should go and pick up Rena from the daycare then bring us back home. I'll make sure to leave some time for interacting with the cute kids! Gosh...kids are still a hit or miss with me though. The small bundles of joy can really brighten one's day, but they can also whine annoying and act seemingly as spoiled as humanly possible. Let's just hope that today I get to meet some good ones.

...

The Daycare is painted over with multiple vibrant colors and shapes of varying colors and sizes. Walking in, Rena's mom recognized me right away and pointed to the room where Rena was. She told me to be quiet when walking over, so I don't disturb the other sleeping children in other rooms. This is honestly really weird...but I feel like someone is watching me from somewhere...or recording what I say. No, it's not Rena's mom...she doesn't have that eerie feel to her when she looks at people...I'll have to be careful. As I was about to open the door, I could hear Rena's voice, a lot softer and more hushed than usually, telling a story. As I peered through the window of the door, her face came into view and then looking down towards her lap, there was a small child laying there, obviously asleep. I gently gripped the doorknob and opened the door, trying to be a quiet as possible despite the slight creak of the old groaning door. Rena looked up with a smile and gestured to all of the small preschool kids with a nod of her head. A bunch of kids now slept in their tiny sleeping bags, some only letting out a hushed whisper, while others let out snores so loud it was a miracle the other children could sleep! What was the same for every kid though, was just...GOSH THEY WERE SO CUTE! They had all of that baby fat that makes them the adorable bundles they should be! I really wanted to poke some of their soft cheeks but...that would be really weird and might wake them up.

As Rena continues to read, my eyes uncontrollably drift over every inch of her face, pausing the longest on her beautiful eyes and lips that I can get forever lost in. In her eyes, I can always see depth and beauty, as eyes are the windows to the soul. Then her lips...the beautiful way that they curved and how soft they felt...  Honestly 2 days or so ago, I'm glad that my drunken self messed up. A kiss on the cheek turned into a brief kiss on the lips. Being honest, I was startled myself, so I pulled away. Part of the 'fault' is Rena's for turning her head to me, but honestly that doesn't really matter. What matters is that even though I was drunk, I remembered that so clearly, and even though the person I kissed was Rena, I have a feeling that no other person would be able to top that.

Coming back to reality, I walk over and whisper into Rena's ear in an attempt to make as little noise as possible. I notice the slight increase in the tension of her body as I do so, and it's sorta cute.

 

"As adorable as this is, we have to go home Rena. Are you finished with the kids yet?"

"Yeah I am. I was finished a while ago apparently. M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter