Spring in the Fall

Aurora(Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungyeon and Yehana had been avoiding each other's gazes for the past few days. The other girls just sat back and enjoyed the show. Chungha now frequented the PRISTIN household, and for the first time, Yuha took some time to see what Chungha's thoughts were. She made sure to be discreet about it, entering her own room and closing the door, grabbing a granola bar on the way in. After silently mind reading for a bit, Yuha was getting bored from nothing interesting in Chungha's mind. She turns away uninterested, but then immediately turns back as Chungha's thoughts shift their subject from the project to Nayoung:

Nayoung is so pretty! I'm glad we're taking a break from the project to chat. Wait...what should I say to her? I don't wanna seem weird in front of her! Woah...she's always so pretty...everything about her is just so...hot! I wish I could be as confident as her all the time...I'm only confident when I dance...but nobody besides my family knows about that. Maybe I should dance for Nayoung and see how it goes? But uuggghhh if she looks at me I'll get so nervous!

 

Yuha decided to keep Chungha's cute reactions to herself for now. Seeing how this played out would be very interesting~ huhu! Why was it that everyone seemingly had someone who liked them but her? Kyla probably has admirers for her intelligence, but where were Yuha's admirers for that golden ratio? Why did the person Yuha had feelings for like Arin instead? Yuha became Binnie's wingwoman for Arin...that's how deep she was in Binnie's friend zone. Was there anyone she could call hers?

Yuha gets a call from Mingyu telling her to meet him at the Pledis dojo as soon as possible, then hangs up. Yuha explains the situation to everyone, earning some smirks and teasing thoughts from some members. She gets into the car and drives over to the dojo amidst the pouring rain and arrives at the dojo. Task force officers and local police were already there, and they prevented her from entering until she showed them her badge. opening the large doors to the main room, her relaxed expression quickly changes into that of horror when she finds the instructors dead on the mat, blood spilling from all of their cuts. The worst part of it was that a message was written in blood and pieced together with the broken limbs and appendages: You were too late officers. Tell the Hongdae heroes to come and play!

 

"It seems like the culprit underestimated the speed of our task force. We were able to get one of them, but he won't say anything. That's why we called you here, to read his thoughts and dig into his mind. The culprit was already identified to be a former member of the navy who was kicked out for improper conduct and action. he now works as a hitman apparently."

"Thanks for the background Mingyu, I'll make sure we get more information on this guy."

 

Yuha entered the lounge of the dojo and sees the culprit tied into a grounded chair using sharply spiked rope. As she closed the door behind her the man started swearing and struggling around in the chair, screaming every curse word he knew in every language.

 

"It's best not to struggle, sir. The more you do, the deeper the barbs on the wire go into your flesh. As far as I've seen right now, you're already staining the chair and the floor red. Tsk tsk...I better call in the cleaning staff later."

"Why did they call in a little girl to interrogate me? Do they think I'm gonna be scared of a woman? How sissy are you little boys huh? I'm not gonna say anything, and there's nothing you plebians can do about it! hahaha."

"Sir you underestimated the speed and efficiency of our task force, so with that primitive mind of yours, isn't it just as easy for a bloke like you to underestimate my abilities?"

"Huh ok I see, you've got a sharp tongue. Is that all you got little princess? The people I wanted to see weren't you weaklings but the Hongdae heroes. My employer promised a hefty amount of money if I was able to catch even one of them, but all that I got were some weak wannabes."

"Ok thanks for telling me that you had an employer, and the motive that employer had. Anything else you would like to share Mr. I'mNotSayingAnything?"

"You youth these days don't know how to speak with respect to your elders! I'm not going to say a single word more. So if you want, just sit here and watch me sit around smarty pants.'

"That would be perfect sir. I'll enjoy my stay for a bit longer."

 

Yuha sat and stared at the blood covered man, who snarled at her and avoided her gaze. After a minute or so, Yuha had already collected all of the information that she needed. She closed the door behind her and met up with the officers again, telling them about all the new information that she was able to get.

"Someone hired him to do it, so it wasn't done out of personal aggression. To avoid police tracking them, there was a messenger that sent letters back and forth between them. The suspect doesn't know what his actual employer looks like, since the one time they met the employer was wearing a mask and wore all navy blue. Good thing is that as a former member of the navy, the suspect was observant of their employer's details. He was able to identify his employer as a female, with a  height of 5 foot 9.5 inches. Her hair was dyed an ombre red, and she introduced herself as THE Seeker's right-hand secretary. She said that their boss had a high suspicion that either the Pledis or Starship dual martial arts and training companies were housing some members of the Hongdae heroes, so their boss wanted to stir things up. Depending on the reactions we give to the public and what their watchdogs see, THE Seeker will decide what to do. This means that currently, we have to be very undercover about the fact that we know this information. This also poses a dilemma. Since we are the first target, the next target is a Starship company martial arts branch. If we heighten security there, they'll have good reason to believe that there are special members. On the other hand, if we don't heighten security and get there first, more innocents and possible some members of the special task force will die."

"Thank you for all this information ma'am. The president has orders to maintain the existence of special task forces, such as yours, a secret. I'll have a meeting with administrators and presidential staff to address this situation. You and the young man beside you have been a great help today, but the press is about to arrive soon, and it would be weird for them to see a few young adults here, so I must ask you to leave. I understand if you would like to stay for a second more to mourn the loss of your instructors though. Once again, thank you so much."

"My pleasure sergeant. Thank you for your continued hard work. Shall we go Mingyu?"

"Yeah let's go."

 

Mingyu and Yuha get in the car, with Yuha as the driver. She turns her head and takes in a deep breath, meeting the concerned gaze of Mingyu.

 

"Are you alright Yuha? Did the death of the instructors get to you? Quite frankly it got to me quite a bit."

"I'm worried for the most part. Although most of me has become desensitized to death, which is actually kinda sad really, they were my close instructors. Another thing I'm worried about is how in the world they narrowed down the suspects. To be fair, a martial arts training dojo IS the best place to look for occupations like these. Disregarding the details, this poses a great danger to everyone. Also, THE Seeker was mentioned again. That's the same person who brutally killed Kyla's parents, then proceeded to poke fun at it......this seriously makes my blood boil. How many innocents must suffer under the dark allegiance..."

"Well then let's find something to do that will take your mind off of this. You can't be too affected by this. For the meantime, while things are getting investigated, everyone will be going to other nearby Pledis training branches. Tell me, is there anything I can do to help you get your mind off of this?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter