Viral

Aurora(Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After returning back to the headquarters that night, the ladies crashed onto their rejuvenating beds and fell asleep. They would have a long day ahead of them tomorrow. When they woke up in the morning, all of them got together and checked various news outlets, hoping that not too much would be shown. Luckily, there were only 3 blurry and dim-light pictures that were taken, which by now have gone viral. 1st pic featured Sungyeon and Arin, identities protected by their gear, 2nd showed the demonic vessels, and the other shows a blurry pic of the girls fighting the necromancer. The girls were mortified, but Kahi assured them that some blurry pics taken at night aren't going to be enough. Kahi told them how "Hongdae heroes" was a trending search. Even though the cleanup team had cleared the memories of most people, there were maybe 10 people who left before the cleanup team got there. They were now being interviewed on the national news station and tried to explain what they saw. The news anchor added his commentary, and then some experts in national security and a representative from the tactics force gave theirs. As according to the plan, the expert and representative denied the existence of higher beings, for now, stating that there was no evidence and word about it. Of course, the government would have to reveal the existence of 'special beings' sooner or later, but now was definitely not the best time to do so. There was, of course, the banter that followed, but one thing was for sure: the popularity of the 'Hongdae heroes' was now like that of a popular urban myth. Just as Jung Ah came into the room, Kyla lowered her head and kneeled down against the ground, unable to meet the eyes of her superiors. Seeing the actions of the youngest, the rest of her unnies followed and bowed their heads down to Jung Ah and Kahi. 

 

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to disable every device on time. If anyone is at fault for the release of this information, it's me."

"There's no need to worry. The only pictures they got were blurry and the contents can barely be made out. I understand that there are many people in Hongdae, so handling the situation was tough to begin with. It seems that you still need some more training for disabling technology. I'll arrange appropriate times for you to go to the training facility. Do you have anything to report?"

"Yes, Kahi-shi. When I was disabling the technology within my radius,  There were 4 computers that took me almost 20 seconds to hack. The security on them was very high, with multiple levels of protection. That level of security is definitely not at the level of a normal citizen, but more like a local police station. The red flag is that these 4 computers, although stationed in different households, all belong to the same person. I've already sent the data over to the investigation unit."

"Don't be way too hard on yourself. Part of the reason those 10 people are being interviewed is because of the cleanup team. This overall was an amazing debut. If things get out of hand, we do have a special connection with most of the X class specialists. We can ask any of the 14 members that are known to work for our side, not the miracle seekers. We have wiped the entire population's memories of us clean before."

"Wait Jung Ah-shi, is that ethical? I mean, yet it is for their protection as well as ours, but we just altered the minds of millions!"

"We got permission from all the members of the government for this Eunwoo. It happened before you guys were born when we were around your age. Also, we didn't tamper with any other memories, just the ones where they knew we existed."

"This time though, we may actually have to reveal it. All of the ~20 known ranked X specialists are gone, and even with the highest technology, we can only know where they were 3 days ago. Anyway, you guys need to head off for class. All of your bags and materials are in the meeting room. We'll see all of your later for some continued training."

 

The girls stood up and thanked their superiors, promptly grabbing their belongings and hurriedly heading out for school. 

Sitting in the middle of class, everyone was assigned their first major presentation of the year. Nayoung was assigned to a large group of people, with the only ones she knew being Chungha and Sejeong. The other three girls were called Xuanyi, Exy, and Seola, and Nayoung recognized them from when she hung out with Eunseo, a girl who used to train at Pledis. Currently, everyone was getting into their groups and introducing themselves, trying to decide on a topic to research and present. Nayoung quickly realized that there were many differences in this group of people. Exy sat down with a radiating feeling of swag and charisma, Seola sat down in a mature and sophisticated manner, and Xuanyi sat down completely aloof while munching on...her third package of seaweed. Chungha sat down shyly, slightly behind the circle of people, and Sejeong was just like a peppy ahjusshi. As for Nayoung herself, she didn't know what she seemed like to the others. As expected, Sejeong introduced herself first, then followed by Exy, Xuanyi, Seola, Chungha, and finally Nayoung herself. It was then decided that they would pair up, each group getting one task to complete over the course of 2 weeks. Xuanyi and Sejeong would find the different types of genetic tests and editing, Seola and Exy would find the history of genetic testing and editing, and Chungha and Nayoung would go deeper into the research, visiting some labs with these processes and taking notes. All of them could convene to edit their video and powerpoint, as well as getting to know one another better. When doing group work, bonding with groupmates for a better understanding is crucial. After exchanging phone numbers, they split apart once again and returned to the normally scheduled lecture. Nayoung would have to find some time in her day to meet these other girls to work on the project, as well as bond over...well...girl stuff she supposed. Nayoung was glad that she got Chungha because she was sure to be a good student and teammate.

 

Rena sat in class empty-mindedly, staring ahead at the board as the professor's back faced her. Rena's mind was too preoccupied with a dream that she had while sleeping on the rejuvenating bed last night. She slowly lefts a finger and gently touches her lips, recalling her dream last night. 

 

Rena POV:

It was really a weird dream...  In my dream, I was in an idol group named PRISTIN, just like our special tactics force codename. To be more specific, I was in a subunit with Nayoung, Roa, Eunwoo, and Kyulkyung. It was actually part of my choreo to glide my hands down Roa's back...yeah that took an odd turn. My viewpoint in the dream changed all of a sudden as if it were a fancam, and there she was, only Roa, dancing the choreography for me. She really is a siren...her gaze and facial expressions were amazing. At the end of her dance...she pulled me up on stage and kissed me...right up on the stage, and everyone cheered. The kiss felt so real to me...if only it were. But actually though haha in what world would I be a charismatic member of Pristin V? 

 

Narrator POV:

It's a good thing Rena was recording the lecture, or else she wouldn't have been able to retain ANY information. Meanwhile, Kyla was speeding through her computer class and was slightly ahead of most students in the engineering class too. Luckily, the upperclassmen in her class were all very nice to her, and she made friends very quickly by helping out others. In her computer class, she noticed Cha Eunwoo finishing early too. Since she was still suspicious of him, she looked into his phone to see what messages were being sent. Once again, he was talking with his group of friends, who now were in a group chat named ASTRO. Eunwoo was talking to his buddies about Xiyeon again, saying that he was going to ask her out to the arcade for some fun. All of the other guys agreed that the arcade is a good place, and said that they would follow him, helping him if he didn't know what to say. This set off another possible red flag for Kyla, who messaged Xiyeon and warned her. Xiyeon all of the precaution apps for maximum security, and they all agreed that the girls would have to follow Xiyeon on the date, if she accepted that is. In a way, Cha Eunwoo and Xiyeon had already made plans for tutoring today, and Xiyeon had said that she was free, so suddenly changing things would raise suspicions...

(In the girls' group chat....)

[Ila]: "Xiyeon, Cha Eunwoo wants to ask you out again, but something is eerie and off. His friends are gonna tail him and tell him what to say. It's very drama-esque if I say so myself."

[Yuyu]: "Be careful of Cha Eunwoo. By the way, his actual name is Lee Dongmin. Why would he go by Cha Eunwoo then? That's a complete change...'

[Ddi-ddi]: "Huh he never told me his real name. Now that you mention it, he did say that he was training to be in an Idol group and that they had given him a stage name. He never said that Cha Eunwoo was his stage name though..."

[Nana]: 'I have some work that I need to do for my first major project. If you need me, then just call me quickly. The person I'm working with will understand why I'm leaving."

[Ddi-ddi]: "Gotcha. Is there anyone else who will be preoccupied?"

[Roro]: "Rena and I are fine. What about you guys?"

[Ila]: "Yuha and I are free."

[Nunu]: "Kyulkyung and I are free too. You know, Kyulkyung could take some people into her bubble, that way it would be easier to hide. How many people can you hold again Kyul?"

[CherryPrincess]: "6 people other than me, and I improved my storag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter