Ila's backstory

Aurora(Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The tech genius was born in Indiana, USA, on December 26, 2001. Her precocious mind earned her membership into MENSA. Among her talents, Kyla's knack for technology stood out the most. Before age 8, Kyla already understood multiple coding languages and attended many 'Hack-a-thon' events. The young girl's technological prowess seemed almost supernatural....which it indeed was. As a welcome to Korea gift, Kyla got a cool pair of glasses from her teacher's assistant, Kahi. These glasses would automatically fit to suit Kyla, even as she got older. Once applied, those glasses could only be taken off by Kyla. They were linked to her in a sense. If the glasses ever got more than half a mile away from her, a siren would sound in Kyla's brain.

As soon as Kyla wore the glasses, an almost transparent light blue control panel surrounded her. It contained information about every tech item in her vicinity, as well as info on how long it would take to hack, then mentally control them. The glasses were apparently only a prototype at the time, yet they were still incredibly powerful. 

 

"Go ahead and try hacking into this basic laptop right here. Once hacked, find the file that lists instructions and contacts. Just look over the information and get back to me in 2 days, ok Kyla?"

"This is seriously so cool! I'm reading the file now, and can't I just say yes? I'd love to do something that will occupy more of my time. This mentions that a highly suggested, almost required aspect, is experience in martial arts or intensive sports, basically a healthy body. It mentions that there will be more training anyway, but that it would be beneficial to have some sort of foundation. I've always wanted to try boxing. That counts right?"

"Yeah, boxing definitely counts. We actually train every member of the tactics team on it. It helps with upper body attack and defense."

"Count me in! Just one question though, how am I supposed to tell my parents?"

"See, that's the problem, Kyla. Your parents must give permission. So while I am extremely happy that you yourself would like to do this, I'm not sure if your parents would allow you to. If they don't allow you to do so, then I'll have to erase your memory of our current talk."

"Thank you Miss Kahi! Goodbye!"

 

Kyla's parents were reasonably startled at what their daughter could do. Kyla's siblings, however, were more than happy to watch their sister crack into all the electronics in the house and toggle around with them. They egged her on, giving her requests as to what they wanted to see. The endless cycle of games was brought to an end by Kyla's parents calling her into their room. In the end, her parents had a disagreement on whether or not to join. Her parents both agreed that their daughter should take boxing just as a self-defense method, but was unsure about the drastic change required to join a special tactics force. 

 

"Sweetie, I don't think it's a good idea to let you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter