Reunited

Aurora(Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The island is by no means small. It's a rather large island actually, housing a facility the size of a factory. Wartortle easily throws all the low-level guards aside. Clearly, they were expecting K.A.R.D to be leading everyone off the boat, but K.A.R.D in their current condition couldn't lead anyone. For the time being, they were safe. It would take a bit for the henchmen on the island to get there. For now, his senses told him that there was no other ranked X class on the island, but there were some U and SSS class dark brigade officers. Besides those, maybe ~16 people, everyone else averaged out at 1st tier SS. He need not worry though, because the second the control room bridge was fried, the coast guard and navy had taken notice and were already on the move, though it would take way too long for the coast guard boats to arrive, so they would probably use planes. That would mean a lot of planes to transfer all of these people... There was also the option of just using his abilities to propel the ship back, that is if Wartortle knew the correct route to take in order to get back, but he didn't.

 

"Alright everyone, I need you to stay on board. If we get off the boat, then we are more likely to come into contact with more people like the 4 you witnessed me fight. Do any of the original staff and crew members know the proper route back?"

[Crew/Staff1]: "I have no idea where we are. I could my best to go back, but I don't believe that would end well."

[Crew/Staff2]: "We could always use a good old compass and a map! I have a map here, and according to the map, this island we are on is....not indicated on the map..."

"Well, currently we are out of luck. If we knew the location I could just propel you all back, but moving an entire cruise ship and body of water this large over a long distance takes up quite a bit of energy, so I would need to take a bit of a nap before moving again."

[CadetInTraining]: "Sir, is there anything we can do to help? We may just look like a bunch of kids who are cadets in training, but we do have our fair share of skills as well. Each of us has these colored signal bombs that we made. Would setting those off be a good idea?"

"Actually, yeah that might help the planes see us through this building fog. After 5 minutes pass, get to the top floor of the ship, light them, then toss them up high and I'll leave right now to call a friend who might be able to help. Thank you for trusting me by the way. My intention isn't to hurt any of you and I don't bite, really."

 

The girls now finally have the opportunity to stand outside towards the front. Now they could finally match the voice and magic to the face. The tall trio, aka the three oldest, saw the face of the mysterious person first. Nayoung saw the face of the so-called Wartortle, and her face filled with a shocked expression. Roa followed suit, and let out an audible gasp. Yuha rubbed her eyes in disbelief. It had been years...a few years since they had seen each other. This definitely wasn't the reunion they imagined, but wow...just wow. Wartortle was none other than JR, the leader of NU'EST. The shorter members jumped up and down, trying to get a glimpse of the man's face. And when they did, waves of joy combined with overwhelming disbelief hit them. JR had changed quite a bit. He was now taller, with a rugged 3 o' clock shadow on his face, and his hair has many streaks of light blue in it. It was obvious that he had spotted them, from the way he momentarily paused what he was doing. Yet, he didn't say a single thing, sighed, and walked away while summoning another person. Seconds later, a figure hidden by a colorful leather jacket and full face mask danced her way down from the clouds. The girl landed right beside JR and they spoke for a bit, ending with a respectful bow from JR. He gathered the kids, or cadets in training as they liked to be called, and nodded at the mysterious girl. He then gently lifted the kids and himself onto the highest floor, with the kids screaming that it was fun all the way up. The woman paces around, gaining lots of attention by now. Right as the smoke bombs are lighted, everyone that wasn't a part of the special tactics forces fell to the ground. Starting from the area around her to the inside of the massive auditorium to the deck, and finally, to the kids with JR, all of them fell over. The girls were on alert and prepared to fight, when the cloaked woman removed her mask, revealing none other than Hyoyeon. 

 

"You guys don't have to be so tense, you're all safe. I simply erased and altered the memories of every civilian who witnessed the attack. We can't let them all know this soon, especially when this exact ship is currently on the news back home."

"Oh my gosh, it's Girl's Generation! Hyoyeon-sshi I'm one of your biggest fans! My name is Jung Eunwoo!"

"The rumors are true, you really do resemble Jessica in some ways. Anyways that's not the point. When these people wake up, they will think that some normal people sneaked onboard and hijacked the ship and fried the control bridge, but they were able to take care of it together. Out of self-defense, their only choice was to kill the group of people. That's what the press will get as well. My job here is done, and I'm actually pretty tired. Believe it or not, wiping and altering the memories of thousands of people within seconds takes a lot of energy. They'll all wake up in 5 minutes and resume their normal activities. The civilian rescue teams should arrive within 30 minutes. In the meanwhile, I think you guys might wanna catch up with JR here. Bye, and keep the secret about my abilities ok? Or else I WILL find you."

 

Just like that, Hyoyeon left as quickly as she came. The foreign special tactics force members were shocked to see more people like them. People just went around exchanging numbers and contact information. So much for privacy. When JR returned, PRISTIN ran to his side and all gave him a hug. They had A LOT of questions for him. Where was he during these past 3 years? Why did he never contact Pledis? What was he doing to get to the X Lvl? How did he meet Hyoyeon?! JR laughed it off, though the laugh seemed more pained than joyful, and said that he would explain all of this soon. He reached into his bag, and pulled out, quite ironically, 10 Masterball replicas.

 

"Since I went with the whole Pokemon theme, why not stick with it. These replicas are actually tools you can use to safely alert me or call for me. I'm sorry for not contacting HQ sooner. Due to the conditions of that mission NU'EST went on, I had to live in hiding for a bit, then completely change my identity. Currently, I'm based in Britain, living with some of my friend's relatives."

"Woah, that's so cool! if you are living in Britain then, does that mean that you'll never come back to Korea?"

"Don't worry Kyla, I'll come back. The people I'm staying with understand my situation completely, and they are actually the ones who encouraged me to come on this trip. They thought that I would have a large chance of meeting the other NU'EST members, but I don't see them here at all. Are any of them back in headquarters?"

"No, none of them are. Trust me, Sungyeon and I would know if any one of you were back in headquarters. We've also checked all foreign special force servers, and we couldn't really find any info on any of the other members."

"Thx Kyulkyung. I missed you guys so much! Kyulkyung, can you do me a favor?"

"Sure. What do you need?"

"Help me carry these 4 people within your invisibility bubble. I can't have the civilians seeing this. We'll need to interrogate these 4 when we get back to HQ. If the other members aren't at headquarters, then I really have no idea where they are. Last time I saw Aron, was maybe 2 years ago. I was on vacation in Las Vegas, and then this, this watch, started glowing. My watch isn't as advanced as the current watched you guys have, which contain a map and can detect each other's location within a quarter of the country. Mine was originally restricted to 50 miles, but I fixed it up a bit myself, and now it can go to 70 miles, but unlike yours, this can only flash a light whenever they are within the 70-mile radius. I didn't know his exact location, so I scanned around. His watch should have been beeping too if he still had it and it worked that is. Ah, I'll tell you later, but the people seem to be waking up now, and I can sense the rescue ships and helicopters coming near. I'll pay a visit to headquarters. It'll do me some good to see some friends again."

 

Kyulkyung walks over to K.A.R.D, giving each of them a nice kick to the chest. Even though it was slowed down by the water capsule, that sure sounded like it would hurt in reality... Admittedly, what happened next was scarier than any horror movie PRISTIN had seen before. Thousands of civilians, multiple at once, stand up, their eyes still closed shut. They bobble and sway on their feet like a punching bag, to which JR can only laugh in response. He snaps, and their eyes all flutter open at once. For a split moment, it seemed like they were in a moment of existential crisis, questioning everything. After that moment passes, all of them start getting into their own groups again, talking about the audacity of that group who hijacked the ship, and patting each other on the back for how they took care of it themselves. A wave of relief washed over everyone with abilities as the civilians were safe from the reality of what actually occurred. Many of them come up to JR and thank him for saving them all. POD feign confused faces and ask the cadets what they meant by that. The cadets explained that it was JR who first realized that the ship would be hijacked and warned everyone, then he was also the one who took down many of the smaller goons of the group. JR just laughed as he took pictures with them, and soon #heroamongheroes and #cruisesavior was trending online. Soon enough, a bunch of ships surrounded the ship and island, taking people back to the coast guard in Korea. Helicopters swarmed overhead, and many were filming this disaster. 

 

Back on shore, cameras were everywhere filming and asking people for interviews. JR was dragged aside in front of all the cameras, and he spoke for a brief time, giving short but eloquent answers. When asked where the culprits were, he pointed directly to the pile of dead bodies, which the cameras turned to as well. He gave the exact same 'story' as all the other passengers, except he added in his own parts in for more action, and probably more recognition. After excusing himself, JR followed the Pledis kids to HQ, and the reaction of everyone there was amazing. All of the staff pulled him in for tight, warm, and desperate hugs. Heck, almost all of them cried as well. Though JR's reunion with Kahi and Jung ah was very dull compared to all the others, it was one of the most touching. A brief hug, handshake, and smile, paired with the words 'welcome home', meant more to JR than what words could express. Seventeen joined in on the action as well, and for the first time, POD saw some members of Seventeen cry. They all teased each another

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter