Chapter 19

Feed Your Demons (but read the fine print)

                Nervous again, Eunhyuk gripped Donghae’s hand tightly as they headed toward the bar, only to be stopped by a rather androgynous person dressed as a waitperson with a staff bracelet and short messy hair.

                “Hi! I’m Amber! Welcome to Feed Your Demons! May I help you gentlemen find something?”

                Donghae smiled at the he was guessing waitress judging by the name, as Eunhyuk went even more shy and buried his face in the full human’s shoulder as he held up both their wrists.

                “We’re guests Amber, but thank you. I’m Donghae. Eunhyuk here has been recovering upstairs but wanted to see the club itself. We were going to bug Kyuhyun then look for the others while Hyukkie gets used to being around so many people.”

                “Oh, sorry. I didn’t see your guest bracelets. Your mate pretty much distracted me. He’s absolutely gorgeous! I’ve met a couple of other scaled incubi, but never one with wings. I had to come over and at least say hello and get a better look if that’s okay.”

                “What do you think Hyukkie?” Donghae turned his head to murmur into Eunhyuk’s ear, not feeling the need to correct Amber on whether he and the incubus were mates.

                “It’s okay, as long as you’re the only one who touches me” Eunhyuk picked up his head but held tight to Donghae.

                “I promise, and I don’t hit on guests even if they aren’t gay or don’t have mates. Besides, Henry’s mine. I just want a look, but not if you aren’t comfortable.”

                Eunhyuk took a deep breath and reminded himself Donghae wouldn’t let anything happen to him or Hyukjae. He pretended to have some courage and stepped away, just enough to partially spread his wings without risking smacking anyone else.

                “Oh wow! You really are stunning Eunhyuk. You two look so good together!” Amber gushed like a fangirl meeting her favorite idol as she circled the incubus, who was starting to attract attention, including several people who were very familiar to Donghae by sight and Eunhyuk by how they felt to him.

                “She’s right Youngling. I didn’t know what to expect, but it certainly wasn’t this. You look amazing as an adult!” Leeteuk had a big smile as he whispered in the younger’s ear and gently tousled Eunhyuk’s hair. The smaller incubus relaxed when he realized his elder and the others he knew were around him and Donghae, the latter of whom was beaming with pride at his incubus.

                “I guess monkeys can have wings, but I’ve never seen one with scales” was Heechul’s comment.

                “He’s not a monkey Chullie. Be nice. He’s still nervous” Donghae frowned at his brother, who just rolled his eyes.

                “Wookie’s going to himself when he sees you” Jongwoon said with a grin.

                “Nah, he’ll just faint again” Kyuhyun came up to the little group, bar towel slung over his shoulder. “Nice wings. You two want anything from the bar?”

                “Diet Coke with Lime for me Kyuhyun. You want something Hyukkie?” Donghae asked, stepping closer to Eunhyuk and taking his hand again.

                “Something fizzy with strawberries?” the incubus asked hopefully.

                “One Donghae Special and one strawberry French soda coming up!”

                Before Eunhyuk could ask what a French soda was, there was a familiar clicking of hoofs as Ryeowook arrived, ice pack still on his head.

                “Hello there Little One, though I guess I can’t call you that any longer since you’re taller than me now. You okay? That was quite a surge when you, well you know” the multi-natured demon looked like a proud father as he examined Eunhyuk. “I must say I’m impressed. Donghae’s going to be beating everyone off with a stick from now on, or Hyukjae will be in charge more often.”

                “OKAY EVERYONE! SHOW IS OVER! GO BACK TO WHAT YOU WERE DOING SO WE DON’T ALL MAKE EUNHYUK UNCOMFORTABLE!” Leeteuk spoke loud enough for everyone in the club, who had all gathered around to gawk at the to them unusual new incubus got the hint and scattered.

                “You want to get a table Hyukkie, or hide out in the back and the others can come visit when they get a chance?” Donghae asked Eunhyuk, but before the incubus had a chance to answer, the person he’d seen outside in the trench coat and fedora came barreling in, yelling

                “EUNHYUK? WHERE IS HE? I WANT MY PROPERTY BACK RIGHT NOW!”

 

DUN DUN DUN! I told you things would start to happen my little kittens. 

Fun fact: I don't drink, and Diet Coke with lime is my go to beverage for situations involving alcohol.