Chapter 22

Feed Your Demons (but read the fine print)

Today's chapter my little kittens. I actually wanted to make it a double chapter, but I had a nose bleed this morning and no real sleep so this is what I could manage. I am doing my best to catch up and flesh out what I've already written on paper, but it's taking me longer than I thought.

 

                “Excuse me? What did you say?” Yunho arched an eyebrow, which Donghae almost flinched at as he watched to see what his incubus would do.

 

                “I said, are…you…ing…kidding…me?” Eunhyuk had a defiant look in his eyes as he wordlessly challenged his now red-faced grandfather to a stare down and spoke slowly and deliberately, as though talking to a small child. Donghae wondered how many of the others noticed his former charge was also barely suppressing a smirk, or that Yunho had actually flinched, almost imperceptibly.

 

                “How dare” Yunho started to retort, only to be cut off by a finger harshly poking his chest and a furious young incubus suddenly crowding his personal space. Donghae personally loved it and thought the closer Eunhyuk and/or Hyukjae were the better, but the elder demon obviously didn’t feel the same about his grandson and tried to back away, only to have his arms grabbed.

 

                “No, how dare you? Did you not understand what you were told? I am not going to the demon realms and I will not undo the bonds with Hyukjae and Donghae and hope my bondling and I will cement them with our love as soon as possible. Why would I leave for some place I don’t remember and placed in a batch where I would be either far older than the others or far behind or both and wouldn’t know anyone anyway and what purpose would it serve? Just to be mutually miserable with some female demon I also wouldn’t know beforehand and would have no interest in, at least ually which would be pretty miserable for a demon. Not sure if you’ll understand this Gramps, but I’m completely gay and a complete bottom. Even before Master and his friends used me like some toy I knew I’d never be interested in sticking my in anything. Well, I take that back. Donghae seems to enjoy having me, and Hyukjae as well, finish in his mouth and he gives fantastic s.

                You may have raised me until it was time for me to go to a batch, and I am grateful for that and sorry I can’t remember, but that doesn’t give you the right to try and dictate my life now. We aren’t the same kind of demon so blood relations or not you have no real jurisdiction over me, and even if you did I’m an adult now and can make my own decisions. If you’d like to visit and maybe help me remember my life before I was put in my batch and lost and even help the others fill in what I should know about our species as a whole I’m open to that, but I’m staying here. Great-Grandfather was a carer and an elder incubus, Grandpa Wookie seems to know so much about everything demon, and Yesung is great support. I can’t think of any other beings I would want in charge of my neglected demon education and they’ve already taught me so much. I also want a full human education, as does Hyukjae who ended his in seventh grade through no fault of his own. Right now I can’t even read since I was lost before those lessons started in my batch. Donghae offered to teach us both what he could, and I’ve heard humans have online school so we wouldn’t have to embarrass ourselves or I wouldn’t have to risk being chased out or worse by anti-demon protestors. I also want to find out if I’ll be capable of learning to dance, and swim properly. I just remember splashing in the pond with my non-fur or feathered batchmates but not dancing at all.”

                Yunho seemed to calm down and his voice softened as he gently wiggled his arms free of Eunhyuk’s grasp, only to touch the younger demon’s face. “You can dance Eunhyuk, or at least you used to and no doubt still have the talent. You got that from my lover Changmin and me and were always dancing around from the time you could walk steadily. You never sat still. We couldn’t keep you out of water either but you’d never pay attention to your swimming lessons we tried to give you. We used to call you anchovy because you were so small and wiggly.

                Before you ask, no, male demons cannot get pregnant. Your grandmother on our side was one of Changmin’s daughters. I don’t know if Leeteuk or the Mu, erm Ryeowook have had the chance to explain yet, but anything goes in the demon realms when it comes to breeding or . Most try to avoid direct but it does happen, and multiple lovers, breeding partners, or in rarer cases one or more mates are common, even within the same families.”

                Donghae was waiting to see what Eunhyuk would say next, only to bolt to grab his incubus before he hit his head on the floor in a dead faint.

                “Hyukkie? HYUKKIE?” Donghae watched as the incubus in his arms faded, replaced by a hungover-looking Hyukjae who obviously was not pleased at suddenly finding himself in charge of their shared body.

                “What the ? Why am I ing awake, and who the is that?” Hyukjae jerked a thumb at Yunho, who suddenly looked twice as upset as before.

                “That’s Yunho, an elder demon and Hyukkie’s maternal grandfather Hyukkie. I don’t know what happened. He knocked all his abusers out without realizing and was giving Yunho what for and just collapsed.”

                “The Youngling overdid it is all you two. New powers he doesn’t know how to control yet plus newly adult via his first proper feeding plus facing his abuser plus getting upset at the thought of someone trying to take him away from you both plus you being drunk enough to be out of it Hyukjae. He’ll be fine, but you’ll have to be in charge while he recovers.” Leeteuk gently ruffled the human’s hair, which Hyukjae didn’t even jerk away from, just made himself more comfortable in Donghae’s arms.

                “Remind me the next time I get the bright idea I want to drink, remind me downing three large bourbons is not a good idea. Can we go to bed now Hae?”

                “That is an excellent idea. Can you walk or do you want me to carry you?”

                Instead of answering, Hyukjae straightened up enough to jump back into Donghae’s arms and wrap his legs around the other’s waist like he was a koala and rested his chin on the full human’s shoulder.

                “Carry you it is.”