Chapter 27

Feed Your Demons (but read the fine print)

Hello my little kittens! I'm so sorry this is so late, but I've been very busy lately. It's also getting toward the end of this story and I tend to drag my feet when I don't want to say goodbye.

 

                Heechul flinched as his name was called. Head down, he started to turn to face his incubus lover he’d abandoned, only to feel a stinging smack as Baekhyun landed another blow on his bare legs.

                “What did I tell you? Head up! Face people like a man!”

                Had Heechul been in a cheerful mood, he’d have laughed at the ridiculousness of telling a delicate beauty in a skimpy pink sheath who exclusively bottomed to “be a man” even if he had the required anatomy, but he only felt guilty as he attempted to follow Baek’s order, only to be engulfed in the arms and wings he’d missed the last few weeks.

                “It is you! Thank the elders you’re safe and you’ve come back! We’ve been so worried, even if I refused to admit it even to myself. Jungsoo needed one of us to try and stay steady while he quietly fell apart. You are back right? This isn’t a final goodbye before you go to China is it? Donghae said you were going to see your old lover Hangeng. You are back?”

                Heechul swallowed hard and forced himself to meet Leeteuk’s eyes, which were silently pleading with him to stay. He tried to explain he was only on a visit on Baek’s orders, but it felt like he’d swallowed Donghae’s entire aquarium and it had stuck in his throat. So he did the next best thing, he fainted.

 

                “Heechul? Heechul darling?” Leeteuk was nearly panicked as the beautiful man in his arms went limp, only to feel another hand on his arm.

                “Relax Teuk, he’ll be fine. He’s been having trouble sleeping since I told him we were coming for a visit so you all could see him in person. He missed you and Jungsoo, and Donghae and the rest a lot more than he even realized. He just needs some sleep. I’ll take him back to the hotel and tuck him in.”

                Baekhyun reached for the limp man in Leeteuk’s arms, only to be nudged aside by a strong, large, white wing.

                “No. I don’t know how you found him and I assume you’re working with him, but I will not let him go.” The suddenly stubborn incubus scooped up his and his bondling’s unconscious lover and carried him to the door that would lead to the playrooms and their own private room. If Heechul was that tired, well their room was soundproof and they had an intercom to call Wookie if either of them needed anything.

                Leeteuk quickly stripped the two of them and carefully tucked Heechul in the black silk sheets and covered him with the cashmere blanket before flicking off the light and crawling in beside him. He pulled the beautiful man back into his arms, cocooning them both in his wings, and due to all the tension and worry suddenly leaving his own body, quickly fell asleep.

 

***

                In the back of their mind Jungsoo mentally snorted to himself. Leeteuk held himself together because he, Jungsoo was ready to fall apart? The incubus half of the pair was the one who couldn’t live without the “high-maintenance .” At least, that’s what the human bondling told himself as he completely fell asleep. If he’d been in charge of the body, their shoulders would’ve dropped and they’d have been a melted puddle as the tension and worry left their body.

 

***

                “Well, that was unexpected. It’s been a while Baek. How’s it been taming Teuk and Jungsoo’s princess?” Kyuhyun’s voice was a welcome knife, quickly cutting any tension that might have gathered during or after Leeteuk’s abrupt departure with Heechul and Donghae with a slightly confused Eunhyuk still in his arms, and an oddly ruffled Ryeowook soon relaxed.

                “Easier than you might think. Unlike some of my past clients who only thought they knew what they wanted, he really does want to become a better person. The hard part is getting him to accept he’s not perfect and never will be, but Donghae and Teuk and Jungsoo love him for who he is, an overprotective big brother in Donghae’s case, and no doubt Teuk and Jungsoo’s chosen life partner from what he’s said. All my clients should be connected to friends of mine. Makes coming up with a plan a helluva lot easier.”

                “And you being worse than a demon yourself had nothing to do with it” Kyuhyun teased, ruffling the younger man’s hair.

                “Hey, I’m only half-demon. And you’re pretty demonic yourself Kyu” Baekhyun grinned, before sobering again as he turned to Donghae, who was still holding Eunhyuk.

                “I must apologize again Donghae. I just realized I lied to you, though it was never my intention. I have slept with Heechul, every night since I rescued him and Hangeng’s pregnant wife. However, it’s only been sleep. He tried to sleep by himself and kept whimpering so I told him we’d share a bed so he knew he wasn’t alone and I could hold him when his mostly self-induced nightmares showed up. So, it’s more accurate to say I’ve never had with him and never will. I have a skinny giant with elf ears already. I don’t need all the other pretty men as well. One is enough.”

                Donghae nodded. That actually sounded more reasonable to him. Despite his idiot brother’s insistence that he was fine and actually hated sharing a bed, he always slept better when he could find or invent an excuse to cuddle with someone else.

                “Hey, most of the excitement is over now. Why don’t you four head upstairs to talk, and I’ll send Woonie up with drinks? The stage shows are over and we have enough waitstaff. I’ll be able to deal with anyone who manages to sneak past the trio. Hyuk looks tired after his performance.”

                The others nodded at Kyuhyun’s suggestion. Despite weak protests, Donghae scooped up Eunhyuk and carried his incubus koala-style, while Ryeowook and Baekhyun followed them through the crowd and up the narrow stairs to the apartment above.

               

                Well Donghae thought to himself as the little group finished climbing the stairs, only to see Yunho waiting by the apartment door with a thick folder in his hands. That’s all we need tonight after Chullie.

                “Let me down Hae, please” Eunhyuk squirmed as the full human gently set his incubus on his feet and kept a steady hand on him as he turned to face the demon elder.

                “What are you doing here Grandfather?” the young incubus asked in irritation. “You didn’t message first and I’m tired.”

                Yunho raised an eyebrow. “You’ll need to fix those manners of yours young one, and what have you done to yourself?”

                Eunhyuk examined his arms. “You mean this? It’s body paint. My hair is temporarily colored, and I’m wearing contacts, like Grandpa Wookie does when he passes as human. Great-grandpa and I did a performance together tonight. He was the angel and I played the devil.”

                “Uh huh” Yunho said dismissively. “Are you going to let me in, or continue to be rude?’

                “Who the is this bozo?” Baekhyun asked in a loud stage whisper, causing Ryeowook’s eyes to go wide and Donghae and Eunhyuk to quickly stifle giggles before the young incubus answered the half-demon’s question.

                “This bozo is my other grandfather, and a pain in the demon elder, Baekhyun is it? Wookie is the grandpa I like. Yunho here thinks I’m not being educated properly, even though I was lost and abused for years and came here nearly dead. Everyone took care of Hyukjae and me, even before we found out Wookie is my grandpa and Leeteuk is my great-grandpa. Yunho is a stuck-up who thinks he gets to run my life, just because he raised me to batch-age in the demon realms. I’m an adult now and an incubus while he is not, so all he can do is nag.”

                Ryeowook had turned from the conversation and had been fiddling with the door lock, before finally getting it open.

                “About time! Guess I need to file the claws again. Go on in everyone. I’ll make snacks while we wait for Jongwoon.”

                Donghae guided Eunhyuk, who felt about ready to drop, over to the couch and sat, the incubus’ head in his lap, while Baekhyun and Yunho took two of the chairs. He turned to the demon elder, who was fussing with his folder, and with a politeness he didn’t feel, asked “what brings you here tonight Yunho? I hope it won’t take long. Eunhyuk worked hard and I should really get him to bed, and Baekhyun here had a long drive and would probably like to go to sleep himself fairly soon.”

                Jongwoon strode in then, with a tray of drinks. “Wookie texted we had an unwelcome guest, so bourbon for Baek, strawberry French soda for Hyuk, Donghae Special for Donghae, tonic water for Wookie, and one Go Away tap water for Yunho.”

                Baekhyun took his bourbon with a grin. “You all really don’t like this guy. Want to talk about it?”

                “What’s there to talk about?” Eunhyuk asked from his position lying on the couch and Donghae, his soda through an extra long straw. “Grandfather tried to force a split between my bondling and me so he could take me back to the demon realms, and won’t accept I’m in love with Donghae and want a mating bond once Hae figures out he feels the same way for Hyukjae and me. He expects me to mate with one or more females to breed children, without a bond and even though I’m purely gay and bottom. From what Grandpa has said, there are more than enough children to carry on the bloodlines on both sides, so my breeding isn’t necessary. Even if I wanted children, I wouldn’t breed with anyone without a mating bond, and kids should be discussed between the three of us, not interfering grandfathers who don’t understand no.”

                Baekhyun listened with an interested look on his face, while Yunho looked so purple he was about to explode. “That is none of this, human’s business Eunhyuk. Why are you discussing family matters with some stranger who isn’t even your own species?”

                “Wow, I’ve heard the elders with mostly inbred idiots, but I’ve never witnessed it myself before now. If you’d paid attention to your instincts, you’d know I was half-demon, not human and probably who my demon grandparents were. Byun Baekhyun, non-ual dom and therapist. I’m currently working with Leeteuk and Jungsoo’s lover slash Donghae’s brother Heechul. My methods aren’t conventional, but for certain people they work. Now, you obviously aren’t wanted here, and that folder full of prospective breeding partners and opportunities in the demon realms is even less welcome since Eunhyuk has obviously already made his choice, so why are you still feeling guilty about the past and trying to make it up to him in ways he doesn’t want? Why punish yourself and make him hate you, when what he wants is to know about his past while getting to know his other grandfather? Oh, don’t look so shocked. I’m a trained body-language reader, and inherited a bit of mind-reading from my demon ancestors. Heechul’s also talkative when he’s drunk, and he told me things I don’t think he realized he knew, and didn’t make much sense at the time. I remember all though, so can put the pieces together as I get them.”

                Yunho didn’t say a word. He just set his folder down, got up, and left, no doubt heading for the access point. Ryeowook, who had just come out of the kitchen with a tray of hot finger foods, set the tray down and picked the folder up without a word and ignited it, making Eunhyuk and Donghae flinch in surprise.

                “I didn’t know you could do flames too Grandpa!” Eunhyuk looked so proud at discovering something new about his grandfather, while Donghae just petted his incubus.

                “It’s how I used to dispose of the remains after my meals. I might eat humans raw, but I didn’t like offal cluttering up where I was living. It’s still handy for disposing of trash. Now, why doesn’t everybody eat their snacks and get ready for bed? Baek, Donghae and the Hyuks have the guest room, but Leeteuk/Jungsoo’s room is empty since they took Heechul to their downstairs room.”

                “I was going to get a hotel room since I’m working.”

                “And Heechul is safe with Teuk and Jungsoo, so relax and get ready for all you can eat pancakes tomorrow. Plus, you’ll be here for the one in a billion chance something goes wrong.”

 

                While Ryeowook argued with Baekhyun, Donghae and Eunhyuk finished their drinks and tried to eat a couple of whatever they were the goat-hoofed demon made, but unspokenly agreed they were too tired and quietly went to their room. Neither could hardly keep their eyes open as Eunhyuk took out his contacts and they showered, having to scrub carefully to get all of the body paint and hair dye off the incubus and returned him to his normal coloring. Then there was towel-drying and teeth brushing, and finally tumbling into bed, asleep almost before they pulled up the covers, snuggled so closely they almost looked like one entity with two heads.