Chapter 20

Feed Your Demons (but read the fine print)

Another chapter so soon? Why yes, yes it is my bloodthirsty little kittens. 

 

                Eunhyuk quaked at the angry sound of the voice he knew and loathed so well. Now he knew why the person who was dressed so inappropriately for the weather had given him such a bad vibe. He’d felt it so many times before, but his stunted growth hadn’t prepared him for the full force of Master’s presence. He tightened his grip on Donghae’s hand, feeling the full human flinch at the pressure, which brought him back to himself enough to made himself let go before he hurt the person he loved so much and hadn’t realized until that moment since he’d never felt it before.

                “Sorry Hae. Is your hand okay?” The incubus, who was battling a flurry of emotions inside himself whispered to Donghae, who just smiled and his face.

                “I’m fine Hyukkie. I take it that is Master?”

                Eunhyuk nodded, fluttering his wings. “The rat bastard himself. How the hell did he get in here past Shindong?”

                “That is a very good question Youngling, but he won’t be here for long” Elder Leeteuk broke into the conversation, laying a comforting hand on the younger incubus’ shoulder.

                “DIDN’T YOU HEAR ME? I WANT MY PROPERTY BACK! WHO THE HELL IS IN CHARGE OF THIS ZOO?” Master kept yelling, even as he jerked off his hat and scarf, trench coat already in a puddle by his feet.

                “This zoo as you so charmingly refer to it belongs to me and my bondling. Now, you will quit yelling and disturbing everyone else, or you will be thrown out and not just escorted to the police station for crimes against Eunhyuk and Hyukjae” Elder Leeteuk said mildly, examining his nails as though he were bored talking to Master.

                “I don’t take orders from a mere demon” Master hissed, glaring at Elder Leeteuk. “Now who is really in charge? Demons exist for humans’ pleasure. They don’t own businesses.”

                “Really? Well that’s news to me and everyone else here. Now, I’ll agree they have yet to be granted equal status in most places but there are plenty of people, both human and demon, that are working to change that. Demons exist for themselves and those they care about. They are equally as self-aware and feeling as humans.”

                “Ridiculous! Now, where is my property? You have no right keeping him from me!”

                Eunhyuk had been listening to the exchange between Elder Leeteuk and Master, shivering as he stood in the midst of his friends who had clustered around him, but he’d had enough and a new kind of emotion surged through him. He grabbed Donghae’s face and gave him a quick kiss and a smile, and with a new determined look in his eyes he broke through the others to stand in front of the man who had made his and Hyukjae’s life a living hell for so long.

                “I believe Elder Leeteuk told you to calm down and leave Master, or would you rather be eaten by Ryeowook, also known as the executioner? I’d rather he didn’t since you’d give him indigestion if not food poisoning, but you aren’t welcome here.”

                Ryeowook stepped forward, grinning so widely everyone flinched at the sight of his mouthful of fangs. “Just say the word Little One and it will be my pleasure.”

                Master laughed in disbelief. “That little, thing thinks it can hurt me? Don’t you freaks know who I am? Now, where is my property?”

                Kyuhyun stepped forward next. “Jae Crewe, half British, half Korean, master of nothing and no one. An unethical businessman and would be petty politician whose wife just filed for divorce after your long history of abusing boys came to light. Whose four eldest daughters divorced their worthless husbands as soon as the ink dried on the marriage licenses and all received large settlements so the families’ names wouldn’t be dragged through the mud of court trials. Whose two youngest daughters have already broken off their engagements in favor of studying abroad with their mother’s blessing. Whose only son has been expelled from school and is currently in jail, facing a large number of and attempted charges and who has a lovely large bruise on his face and is missing several teeth from where his would-be future bride smacked him publicly for his crimes against numerous young women. Who is about to lose all his businesses, either from his assets being seized once they’re done investigating, or through having to pay for the divorce, restitution for various activities, or the cost of sending two girls overseas. Oh, and not to mention the one who indirectly nearly caused two much beloved members of the Feed Your Demons family to lose their lives. I’ve been a very busy little bartender lately. Maybe you’ve heard of me. Cho Kyuhyun, cyber security expert and hacker extraordinaire. I got tired of the government bugging me, so after Wookie here kindly ate my blackmailer, who was even more interested in my than my money or skills, I was able to retire quietly with my lovers and friends.”

                “Is everyone here delusional? Where is Eunhyuk? I demand him back! You can’t keep him from me!”

                Eunhyuk had had enough. He’d stopped talking when Ryeowook and Kyuhyun had come forward, but now it was his turn. He grabbed the front of Master, no Jae’s shirt and lifted the fat man so they were eye to eye.

                “I am not yours! Hyukjae is not yours! We will not go back with you! Go back to what? It sounds like you’ll soon be penniless and in prison where you belong anyway! You never cared for either of us! Demons like warm, light, open spaces with soft beds to sleep on and the company of our own kind and friendly humans, not cold, dark basements with a smelly blanket on the hard floor. We require high protein diets with plenty of sweets like fruit and warm, fresh water, and we incubi also need strong, healthy emotions to see to our non-physical dietary needs. Yes, incubi need and love , but it’s those emotions that come with it, not the act itself. What did Hyukjae and I ever get from you? Odd scraps, cold stale water, little to no social interaction, and years of abuse so bad we hoped more than once we’d die. I had to keep Hyukjae asleep just to protect him from you, when all he wanted when we first bonded was to help me, and ended up selling us to the devil who caused nothing but pain for years without realizing! It doesn’t matter now. We’re safe and happy, with people, both demon and human who care about us, and we’re imprinted on the person we love most in the world! You can’t take us, even if we were willing to go!” He dropped the fat man, who ended up hitting the floor on his , hard.

                “Oh, and before you protest, saying I don’t look like this, I do now. You abused my juvenile form and retarded my growth for far too long. This is my adult form, which will never be sullied by you or those other s you let abuse us when we were too weak to resist. You’ll never harm Hyukjae again either.”

                Eunhyuk shimmered and shook himself, only to have Hyukjae, who had woken up due to all the emotions bouncing around their body, appear instead. He cocked his head, studying the fat man at their feet, who still looked defiant but had made no move to stand up or talk again.

                “I thought I was going to have a lot to say, but now that I think about it Eunhyuk said it all for both of us. My biggest regret was thinking it was better if we were with you than staying on the street, but I was wrong. However, I can’t completely say I regret it since it led to meeting our biggest source of happiness. I just wish Eunhyuk hadn’t tried to spare me pain. We should’ve shared it, but we share equally now. Goodbye dickhead. I hope neither of us see you again.” Hyukjae turned to Leeteuk and Ryeowook who still stood nearby. “I assume you two will be taking the trash out or calling Siwon?”

                “It would be our pleasure, just as soon as Wookie rummages around in his head” Leeteuk answered.

                “You ready for that drink Hyukkie wanted Hyukkie?” Donghae asked, taking Hyukjae’s hand and lacing their fingers together.

                “If someone can tell me what a French soda is, and does that alcohol thing extend to bondlings? I’d like to burn the taste of talking to this er out of our mouth before turning the body back over and finishing my nap.”

                “One shouldn’t hurt too much Hyuk. Come on over to the bar and we’ll find out” Kyuhyun gently slapped Hyukjae and Donghae on the back, then turned to Jongwoon, who hadn’t said anything. “Then maybe Woonie will explain why they’re back from the demon realms so soon. Yesungie can’t possibly have found out about Eunhyuk’s family or batchmates in what, two-three hours at most?”

                “Not exactly. He had just started making inquiries when one of the high demons said he’d be dropping by. I don’t know why, but Yesung was jammed back through the entrance and just managed to give me the message before passing out. You know how that thing wears him out anyway, and to be forced through…”

                “He’ll be out of commission for a while. Come on, I’ll get you those drinks.”