Chapter Nine

Feed Your Demons (but read the fine print)

Update two of three

 

                Eunhyuk wondered at himself. Logically, he should be terrified about what was going to happen to him and Hyukjae, but with Donghae there wasn’t any of that. With the human holding them, he was even willing to meet the others, including two much more powerful incubi who were probably thinking how best to handle or dispose of him. Even Ryeowook, who still felt really wrong to him, wasn’t as scary as long as he could feel Donghae.

                “Well come on Hyukkie, let’s go get some lunch.”

                Eunhyuk nodded, even as he buried their face in Donghae’s neck. The human’s only response was to kiss their head and snuggle them closer before beginning to walk. The room they’d been in must have been fairly large and not carpeted, judging by how long it took the air to change so he was feeling what he guessed was sunlight through some fairly large windows which felt wonderful since he didn’t know the last time they’d experienced the sun, and the soft, almost non-existent slap of Donghae’s bare feet as he moved.

                Eunhyuk thought they entered an apartment or something when he felt the air shift again, even warmer and more of the sun feeling. Wherever they were almost seemed specifically built for demon needs, not human ones, a comfortable temperature, seemingly lots of space, many windows if it really was sunlight he was feeling. They’d been in the cold, cramped spaces Master kept them for so long, the blind little incubus had almost forgotten what it was like not to freeze or feel claustrophobic. He hadn’t had much to be grateful for with Master, but not being an incubus with wings or a tail was one of the few things. Before they’d met Master he’d always wanted wings and had hoped he’d develop them, finding his stronger batchmates and the older incubi they’d been exposed to to desensitize their flight response that had them to be the most beautiful. All he had was his horn buds, which were usually itchy around the base but at least he hadn’t had to worry about smacking them on anything or getting them pulled or stepped on when he was serving Master or his friends’ needs.

                Donghae suddenly stopped, which pulled Eunhyuk out of his not so pleasant thoughts and made him pick up their head.

                “We’re here Hyukkie. Ready to meet everyone?”

                Not really Eunhyuk thought. He could feel Ryeowook’s wrongness, and even with their human halves in charge he could vaguely sense two far older and more powerful incubi. They didn’t feel bad like the multi-natured demon felt wrong, but he suddenly wished he’d had more lessons in proper manners for greeting his elders and scrambled mentally for what he could recall so he could put his best self forward. They already knew he was weak, blind, tainted, and a complete up who’d gotten lost and couldn’t even properly protect his human bondling, but he didn’t need to be rude as well. Once he’d decided he was as prepared as he could get, he took a deep breath.

                “Okay Donghae, I’m ready.”

                “That’s my Hyukkie.”