Chapter Ten

Feed Your Demons (but read the fine print)

Update Three of Three. Go read the first two if you managed to miss this was a triple update!

 

                Eunhyuk was glad Donghae was carrying them, since if he’d been on their feet he would’ve tried to bolt or just collapse as they entered what he was guessing was a dining room. The blind little incubus tightened his grip on the human, only to hear a snarky voice ask, “are you sure that’s an incubus? Looks more like a tiny monkey clinging to a tree. Since when did you become a banana tree Fishy?”

                “Shut up Rella or I’ll hide your glass slippers. Yes, this is my incubus Eunhyuk, and his human bondling Hyukjae who isn’t ready to wake up yet. Don’t mind my stupid big brother Hyukkie. Heechul thinks he’s hilarious. I don’t know how Jungsoo and Leeteuk put up with him. Can you pick your head up and say hello to everyone, or is it too much and you want to go back to the room?”

                Eunhyuk forced himself to lift their head and tried to look where the snarky voice had come from, only to have Donghae shift how he was holding him and reward him by a gentle scritching around the base of his horn buds, as though the human knew how much he liked having the itchy part attended to. He really wanted to just close their eyes and give over to the feeling, but instead he tried to remember his manners, only to have everything upset before he could get the words out.

                “Hi Monkey. I’m Fishy’s older stepbrother and best friend Kim Heechul. I am hilarious and beautiful, and they like my and know what a hard means. That’s why I’m still around Lee Donghae.”

                This, rude, crass person was gentle Donghae’s brother? Eunhyuk couldn’t really believe it and already disliked being called a monkey, but managed to bow as well as he could while being held and scritched. “Hello Heechul. I’m Eunhyuk, Hyukjae’s incubus bondling.”

                The non-presence Eunhyuk vaguely recognized from when he’d kind of woken up before was next. “I’m Kyuhyun, Wookie and Woonie/Yesungie’s human lover.” He at least had the decency to come close enough that Donghae could take their hand and put it on the other human’s face so he had some idea of what he looked like.

                Eunhyuk had no chance to reply to or even acknowledge Kyuhyun’s greeting before his hand was snatched and plopped onto another face that belonged to the weird presence he’d felt before.

                “I’m Jongwoon, Yesung’s bondling and Kyu and Wookie’s lover. Do you like turtles?”

                The blind incubus thought it was an odd question but was going to reply, only to cling to Donghae instead as he felt Yesung take over his and Jongwoon’s body. “I’m Yesung. No one will hurt you, we promise.”

                Thankfully Jongwoon took back over and backed away before a milder version of the strong, kind presence came near and took Eunhyuk’s hand and placed it on his face.

                “I’m Jungsoo, owner of the club, Heechul’s lover, and the human bondling of Leeteuk. We hope you understand you and Hyukjae are safe here. We know what a bonding is, and Teukie used to care for the younglings before he was sent to corral Wookie.”

                There was a huge rush of power as Leeteuk took over, and it took everything Eunhyuk had not to cower or try and bolt. It wasn’t that he thought the older incubus would hurt him, in fact he just felt so kind and accepting, but the blind little incubus couldn’t help his instincts, or his desire to want to defer to his elder, or his shame that he was so weak and helpless. Yesung was older but weird. Leeteuk was the strongest one of his kind Eunhyuk had ever felt, and he wondered why the older demon would choose to bond at all.

                “Someone had to keep Wookie from eating people while he and Kyu and Jongwoon and Yesung sorted their relationship out, and the regular humans don’t like doing business with independent incubi. We all needed a place to live, Jungsoo was willing to bond, we bought this place and there you have it. And no youngling I can’t read minds like Wookie does. The question was so clear on your face it might as well have been a tattoo. Chullie being an aside, you and Hyukjae really are welcome, and I promise we’ll find who did this to you. It’s the highest crime among demon kind to keep any demon, no matter how young or what type captive and use him the way you were, and it’s also one of the worst crimes against a human. You and your bondling qualify as both.”

                Eunhyuk finally managed to get his tongue to work. Summoning every bit of his scant knowledge of incubus politics and even more scant courage, he bowed from his place in Donghae’s arms.

                “Greetings Elder Leeteuk. My name is Eunhyuk, protector of my bondling Hyukjae.” The blind little incubus was going to say more, but Leeteuk just laughed and patted his head.

                “I see you’ve remembered some of your manners, but there’s no need for that here. We aren’t in the demon realms so no reason to stand on ceremony. Wookie also looks as though he’s going to smack us all with his ladle, so let’s have lunch, okay?”

                Eunhyuk didn’t remember any of the elders ever being so blasé about not remembering the niceties, but decided it was no bad thing. It would take him some time to get used to being around members of his own species again now he was properly awake, and imagined the rules were different for bonding pairs anyway. Plus, if Elder Leeteuk had been a carer, they tended to be more patient with faux pas while the younglings learned.

                Hoping he wasn’t going to be set in some kind of highchair and fed like a baby since his vague recollections of bottles and diapers before he really woke up, Eunhyuk was relieved when he turned out to be in Donghae’s lap with what felt like a giant napkin tied around his neck. The human placed a spoon in one hand and guided his other until he could feel a bowl.

                “Are you sure that monkey can feed himself?” Eunhyuk bristled a little at Heechul’s tone, only to hear a smack from Elder Leeteuk who hadn’t turned the body back over to Jungsoo from the feel, and judging by the whine from the snarky human.

                “Behave Chullie, or no for a week” Elder Leeteuk said mildly, only to have Donghae pipe up proudly,

                “My Hyukkie already stood up and took some steps!”

                Eunhyuk wanted to hide from the cheers that erupted, but settled for figuring out how to get the chicken stew from the bowl to their mouth without making a mess. Even before they went blind, Master almost never gave them chopsticks or even a spoon or fork and even before Hyukjae was limited by what he could beg or steal, so the little incubus wasn’t sure when the last time he or his bondling had eaten like civilized beings. When he finally did get a mouthful, he also didn’t remember stew being so smooth or not spicy and must have made a face since Ryeowook explained.

                “I wasn’t sure how well chewing and swallowing would go and didn’t want to upset your stomach so I left out most of the seasoning, and pureed it for you so you didn’t choke. You also still need to drink your formula until you’re built up a bit more.”

                After that, Eunhyuk went back to eating, only needing help with the last few bites since he couldn’t manage to scrape the bowl. It had tasted okay even if it wasn’t spicy, but being able to drink the sweet, strawberry scented formula out of a mug rather than bottle more than made up for any blandness. By the time he was done, stomach full and with Donghae scritching around the base of his horn buds again he was getting sleepy and fighting yawning out loud. So without even thinking about it he rested their head on the human’s shoulder and let their eyes drift almost shut and just listened to the conversation that had sprung up around them.

                Eunhyuk was almost asleep when he felt rather than heard Donghae chuckle a little. “I think we wore them out. I’d best get the Hyukkies tucked in for their nap.” He wasn’t sure, but he thought he heard Elder Leeteuk respond.

                “Now that he’s met all of us and we know he’s unlikely to lose control, why don’t the three of you move into the guest room? He’d probably appreciate the sun coming through the windows since he’ll be more active now.”

                Eunhyuk had no idea if Donghae responded. He only felt them being picked up and shifted against the human’s chest and carried, only to be tucked into a soft, sweet-scented bed with the person who had shown them so much care curled around them from behind before he slipped into a deep, restorative sleep.