Chapter Twelve

Feed Your Demons (but read the fine print)

I'm back my little kittens! Stuff and things are finally starting to happen!

                The next few weeks found the residents and guests of Feed Your Demons busier than they’d ever been in their lives. Not only did the club itself get an influx of new incubus patrons, fresh from the demon realms and needing to be instructed on how interacting in the human world worked, but everyone was also devoted to either helping Eunhyuk and the reluctant Hyukjae recover, or find out who exactly had been so cruel to them. The little incubus and his bondling were physically doing quite well, with an enormous appetite that still managed to surprise Donghae but delighted Leeteuk and Ryeowook, and even still blind they managed to get around the apartment quite well though Eunhyuk who was still in charge of the body most of the time seemed happiest outside, either splashing or doggie-paddling in Jungsoo/Leeteuk’s friend Siwon’s pool with Donghae who also had struck up a friendship with the friendly, likable man who happened to be the chief of the local police department and of course worked with the local prison and was indirectly the reason Ryeowook no longer had to hunt for his meals, or just walking or basking in the sun, always in the company of their devoted rescuer who had started working on a new book when his charges were sleeping, curled against his side as he scribbled in his notebook.

                Despite everyone’s urgings to stay, Heechul had elected to move into the house he had rented, originally for him and Donghae. He claimed the apartment at Feed Your Demons was too crowded, which everyone knew was just an excuse. Jungsoo and Leeteuk obviously cared for him beyond just a “rough ” or “meal” for the incubus, and the human was trying to run away from deeper feelings. He hadn’t run very far however and would still be over to the club every other day to “check up on Fishy” and get his brains screwed out, and when the subject was brought up with Donghae, he’d just shaken his head and said his brother had been skittish about emotions other than lust ever since his first love had died and his second had run away back to China, and they found out later it was to an arranged marriage with a barely legal girl whose family was willing to accept his “abnormality” provided there were male heirs for both families and would just need time to accept what the three of them were feeling. Donghae had nearly laughed in disbelief when he heard about his brother’s ex, Heechul’s situation ending up being so similar to his own. His would have been mother in law liked to send him photos of the “happy couple,” until he finally blocked anyone connected to the family. It wasn’t that he wanted his ex or his wife to be miserable, but his priority was Eunhyuk and Hyukjae and he didn’t want any distractions from doing what he could to help them recover. Heechul had urged him to move into the house as well to try to get back to their normal lives as much as possible but he refused, saying that it was better for his incubus and his bondling to be near Leeteuk and Ryeowook and even the still weird Yesung and one of the last things he’d do was hurt them by ever leaving anywhere without them.

                “Eunhyuk needs to be with members of his own kind Chullie and I need to be with them both. They’re still blind, he got lost before he could learn how to be a full-fledged incubus and Leeteuk was a carer and knows how to teach him properly, and I’m still learning about what it means to have an incubus imprinted on me and what I can do to help them. The others are letting me help with the bills so it’s not like we’re mooching and nobody seems tired of us and everyone says Jongwoon and Yesung are almost as taken with Jack, Rose, Truth, Beauty, and Love as with their turtles, so I’m staying. If things change I might reconsider, but for now what’s best for the Hyukkies is my priority.”

                That short but impassioned speech coupled with Kyuhyun’s tireless though so far vain efforts to try and located Master and the others was what finally coaxed Hyukjae into reluctantly accepting that not all humans would hurt him and his bondling. Eunhyuk was still the cuddlier more open one, but when he was in charge of the body the human was no longer so hostile or defensive in his speech, though was stiff or subconsciously shied away when Donghae tried to snuggle him. The full human was endlessly patient though, gently coaxing answers when they were talking and never giving up on trying to get Hyukjae used to the idea that everyone genuinely cared for him and Eunhyuk and not all touches were bad. It was like he instinctively knew when to and when to not push it, and whether he fully realized it or not, Hyukjae was slowly beginning to grow and thrive like his bondling and even care for Donghae in his own rough way, though it was quite clear Eunhyuk utterly adored the full human, who felt the same way for them both.

                Donghae still had his concerns, so whenever his charges were napping and he could slip away for a while without disturbing or upsetting them, he’d spend time with Leeteuk/Jungsoo or Ryeowook when one or the other was available and asked questions, worried he was accidentally influencing Eunhyuk and Hyukjae with his own feelings.

                “The Hyukkies are a recovering human and baby incubus! This is just some sort of transference from all the time we spend together, right?”

                The full human asked the same question over and over and always received the same answer, that Eunhyuk might have been young but wasn’t a baby in the way Donghae was thinking and after Hyukjae opened up enough to give his full name and birthday though couldn’t remember which year and where he thought he remembered living with his birth parents, Kyuhyun went looking for more information or possible relatives and discovered he was actually six months older than Donghae, who would gently on occasion about being his other “big brother” when Hyukjae seemed to be in an exceptionally good mood. He wasn’t convinced it was just brotherly or caregiver and his charges feelings he was having though, but would only be told it was up to the three of them to discover how they truly felt about each other.

                One rainy afternoon found Donghae curled up on the couch on the living room with a sleepy Eunhyuk/Hyukjae in his lap while he shelved his concerns in favor of a lively discussion of fish versus turtles with Jongwoon while Jungsoo/Leeteuk were busy “testing the new equipment” in one of the playrooms with Heechul and Ryeowook was working on inventory for the club with some of the offsite staff who had come in early when Kyuhyun, who supposedly had been paying bills online came crashing into the apartment, arms waving excitedly.

 “I found him! I finally found the ing bastard who hurt Eunhyuk and Hyukjae!”