Chapter Six

Feed Your Demons (but read the fine print)

                Eunhyuk had no idea what was going on. He didn’t think he was dead, since he doubted he would be feeling warm and safe and held after trying to end himself and Hyukjae, and although they were still soaking wet, he no longer felt freezing. He also wasn’t really awake, so had no idea if anything he was perceiving was actually real. Maybe they were still on the road and just hadn’t been hit yet.

                “Hey Ryeowook, Kyuhyun? I think he’s starting to come around. I just felt him twitch!” Eunhyuk was sure they were alive then. Though it was like trying to hear through a wall or maybe water, the little incubus could definitely make out a nice-sounding voice and words, and he put an effort into trying to fully wake up and move.

                “Easy there Little One. No one is going to hurt you. We just need to get those wet things off, okay?” There was another voice, that Eunhyuk didn’t like at all. Something in his instincts told him the voice just felt, wrong somehow and although he was still barely conscious he tried his best to get them away from the wrong person, only to be pulled closer to the nice presence and what seemed like rocked.

                “I think you scared him Wookie. This some demon thing I don’t know about?” Now there was a third voice, that Eunhyuk couldn’t feel anything from at all.

                “. There’s only one reason any demon would react like that. I’m sorry Little One. I’m about to be really rude, but I have to know.”

                Eunhyuk’s mind was a little clearer and he was finding it easier to make out the words, but he had no idea what the wrong presence was talking about. He didn’t feel anything, but the person spoke again what felt like a few moments later.

                “. You didn’t just find any demon on the street Donghae. Eunhyuk there is bonded, with a human named Hyukjae. You managed to rescue the youngest, weakest incubus I’ve ever felt, and his human. Why he isn’t with his batchmates, we’ll have to wait until he can tell us to find out. I only skimmed a few surface thoughts, his name and demon type, and his human. It also means I won’t be very hands on. Youngling incubi have a sort of instinct against other demons. It helps them protect themselves by giving them a chance to hide so they don’t get attacked. I do have some incubus in me, but my multi-natures will freak him out if I try to touch him, at least until he’s fully aware and gets used to me and knows I won’t hurt him. Even Yesungie and Teukie won’t feel very nice to him because they’re unfamiliar. You two probably won’t trigger him since you’re human. Donghae definitely won’t since he’s the one who found them.”

                “Chullie is the one who stopped” the nice voice said.

                “I didn’t see Heechul dripping dirty water with a bundle of incubus/human in his arms. Well, see if you two can unwrap them and we’ll see what we’re dealing with. Hyukjae makes severe damage more likely, but not by much.”

                To Eunhyuk’s relief, the wrong presence moved away some with what sounded like some sort of clicking, before the little incubus felt the nice one shift him and lay him on something that felt padded yet hard, and he whimpered as his bottom made contact with it.

                “Shh Hyukkies, we’re just going to get the wet stuff off and get you cleaned up and dry” the nice voice said.

                Eunhyuk had never had a nickname before, and he didn’t think Hyukjae had either, and it took his only semi-aware mind a few moments to figure out Hyukkies was probably directed at both him and his human because of their common name syllable. Thinking about that and how nice that made him feel kept him from freaking out over being unwrapped and his layers of clothing removed, only to have the wrong presence and non-presence start swearing rather colorfully as his skin was exposed.

                “I’m going to get Jungsoo and Yesung. Cover them with a blanket until we get back. I’m so sorry Little One. This should never have happened to you and Hyukjae.” The wrong presence seemed to leave with more of the clicking.

                Eunhyuk felt them being covered with something soft, but he was also pulled back against the nice presence. Now a bit more aware, the little incubus nuzzled closer, trying to remember the scent of the person who held him and Hyukjae.

                “I think he likes you Donghae. Not even awake yet and already cuddly” the non-presence commented.

                “I don’t mind. I love cuddles, and anything to help them” the nice presence, whose name was apparently Donghae responded, holding them closer still.

                Eunhyuk had no idea how much time had passed when he heard the click and felt the wrong presence return, along with two others, a weird one and a strong, kind one that still made him glad Donghae was holding him.

                “We’re sorry about this. We’ll try to be quick Eunhyuk and Hyukjae” the strong one said, and Eunhyuk was once again lying on the hard padded thing.

                “They’re just skin and bones! Well, more like bruises and scrapes and bones. Donghae, can you roll them over on their side so we can look at their back?” the strong one requested, and Eunhyuk cried out as he was moved. The unexpected pain chased off his remaining brain fog so he was now all too aware of what was being said around him without having to think about it.

                “ing animals. I can smell at least two, but there’s so much damage no doubt there were more, and they’ve got internal injuries. I can feel it without even scanning now those rags are off them. Donghae, I’m afraid you’re going to have to get insanely personal with them if you’re willing. They’ll have to be irrigated and packed for a few days til the bleeding stops and hopefully Eunhyuk’s healing abilities kick in. Even if I wouldn’t trigger Eunhyuk’s flight response I can’t do anything with these damn claws. I wonder when the last time they had a decent meal was. There’s hope though. They’re obviously fighters, and they don’t have a head injury so no having to force them awake.” Eunhyuk found he could tolerate the wrong presence a little but was still glad Donghae was there, and willing to help from the sound of his next words.

                “You can heal them? I’ll do anything!”

                “Technically, I’ll be telling you how to treat them and Eunhyuk should be able to handle the healing himself once they’ve had some proper nutrition. You’ll have to bottle feed them for a couple days until we know their system won’t reject food and we can introduce solids slowly. I’ve got a supply of high protein powder and a special vitamin and mineral mixture they should like. If Eunhyuk wasn’t a demon it would be easier with an IV, but demon systems reject a lot of that type of thing. Fortunately, I know all the safe treatments. Okay, get them in the shower to clean off and warm up some more and we can start, okay?”

                Eunhyuk didn’t like when Donghae moved away but was relieved when it was only a minute later he and Hyukjae were scooped up and cradled against the human’s bare chest. The little incubus liked that even better and tried to snuggle as closely as he could.

                “Get used to that Donghae. Injured incubi crave skin on skin contact with a human even more than healthy ones do. Partially it’s a comfort, but it also helps them heal.”

                “I don’t mind. I love cuddles.”

                Hearing that made Eunhyuk very happy. He supposed he should be more worried about being in a strange situation, but having Donghae with them made everything feel okay. He didn’t know what it was about the human, but he didn’t care as long as they were in his arms.

                Eunhyuk felt himself carried into what he suspected was a fairly large bathroom, judging by the faint echoes Donghae’s footsteps made, and nearly jumped when a sudden spray of blissfully hot water hit his and Hyukjae’s back. Even when Master let him shower instead of just washing up in the sink, the water never got beyond tepid and was closer to a dribble while this was more of a gentle stream. He decided not to think about Master anymore and just enjoy warming up properly, made even better when Donghae sat down on what must have been a bath bench or something with the little incubus and his human in his lap, but the water still streamed over most of their skin.

                After a couple minutes of just sitting there under the warm water, Eunhyuk felt Donghae move just a little, only to pour what must have been strawberry scented shampoo on his and Hyukjae’s head and rubbing it in before letting the water rinse it out and repeating the process. Conditioner was next, then a soft, soapy washrag was gently run over every inch of the little incubus and his human’s body. Eunhyuk hissed when the soap hit the raw spots, but after Master, Master’s friends, and New man, it was more of a sting than actual pain. They were rinsed off, then Donghae stood up, shut the water off, and wrapped Eunhyuk and Hyukjae in a clean-scented fluffy towel before carrying them back into the other room and setting them back down on the padded thing, with their just hanging off the edge uncovered from the wrong presence’s directions.

                “I don’t know if you can hear us yet, but Donghae is going to irrigate and pack you now Little One. It’s basically a medicated , so try to say something if it hurts too much or you feel like you need to attend to nature” the wrong voice explained, before Eunhyuk felt something slip inside him and Hyukjae and warm fluid slowly fill them up, only to start trickling back out.

                “Damn! There’s more blood than I expected, but they should still be okay. It’ll have to be done several times a day til it’s clear. We can’t risk a clot. Okay, I think you’re done Donghae. Now for the packing” the wrong presence continued.

                Eunhyuk tried to block out what happened next as what felt like wet gauze was pushed inside his and Hyukjae’s body. It didn’t hurt exactly, but it felt really weird and he was grateful when Donghae stopped.

                “Okay, that should do it. Get the three of you dressed and I’ll go see if their formula is ready.” The wrong presence went away with more of the clicking.

                It was only then, when Donghae moved them over on the padded thing and walked away that Eunhyuk realized he didn’t feel the non-presence, the weird presence, or the strong presence. It was only him, the still sleeping Hyukjae, and Donghae himself, who soon returned and dressed them in what felt like a heavily padded cloth diaper and very loose pant of soft shorts.

                “Sorry about the brief, but it’s only until we no longer have to worry about blood. Okay, let’s put Band-Aids on your scrapes and get you to bed.”

                Eunhyuk lost count of how many Band-Aids Donghae applied, but was grateful when the human quit and picked them up and carried them, only to set them in a wonderfully soft bed, and even better climbed in beside them and held them against his chest.

                “Here you go Donghae. See if you can get them to take it. If not, we’ll try again later after you three have a nap and they wake up properly.”

                Eunhyuk might have tried to talk when a somewhat larger than he expected rubber was gently pushed into their mouth, to protest that he and Hyukjae weren’t a baby, but a few drops of the liquid fell on their tongue and he had to remind himself to go slowly so they didn’t get sick. The formula was sweet and smelled like strawberry, even if it didn’t exactly taste like it. The bottle must have also been bigger than a baby’s, since their stomach was pleasantly full by the time the little incubus finished it.

                “They certainly drink well. Did you want some food Donghae?”

                “I’m not hungry right now thank you. Maybe after we sleep. Will someone call Heechul and remind him to feed my fishies and froggies?”

                “Your pets are here Donghae, and Jongwoon already fed them. He read the schedule that was in the bag with their food. He’s quite taken with them. He usually only gets that way about his turtles. He has a terrarium in our bedroom.”

                Clean, warm, fed, and being held against Donghae’s bare chest, and Eunhyuk was already slipping into actual sleep rather than unconsciousness. He let himself join Hyukjae, secure in the knowledge Donghae would be there when one of them woke up.