Chapter Fourteen

Feed Your Demons (but read the fine print)

There you go my bloodthirsty little kittens, today's update and one step closer.

 

                “I’m all for going in metaphorical guns blazing if everyone wants me to just take care of it. I’ve been feeling a bit peckish lately” Ryeowook hopped up from his chair and was practically dancing at the thought, hoofs clicking against the worn wood floor. There were cheers from his lovers, while Heechul and Donghae looked disturbed and half-ready to vomit and Siwon protested, asking if it wouldn’t be better to throw him in jail as a warning to others.

                Meanwhile, both Eunhyuk and Leeteuk had taken over their respective bodies. The blind little incubus kept trying to get everyone’s attention, but it wasn’t until the elder stuck two fingers in his mouth and gave an ear-piercing whistle did Donghae and Heechul manage to quit dry heaving and the others shut up to listen.

                “Go ahead Youngling. Everyone can hear you now so say whatever you wanted to say” Leeteuk said, gently urging Eunhyuk with his voice. The little incubus took a deep breath, exhaling slowly as Donghae began rubbing his back again.

                “I might be speaking out of line, but shouldn’t Hyukjae and I have a say in how this gets handled since we were the ones who got hurt? We appreciate everyone’s, enthusiasm and it’s not like we have any desire not to see him punished. We might be fine now, but we don’t want anyone else to go through what we did, and who might not survive or get rescued like we did.”

                “No, you’re right Little One. I haven’t hunted in years so got a little carried away, but you absolutely should have a say in what happens.” Everyone murmured their agreement at Ryeowook’s words as the multi-natured demon retook his seat. “Have you two thought about it?”

                “Master is only part of the problem. There are a lot of men just like him, and New Man was worst of all. Ryeowook, you can read minds right? Wouldn’t it be better to catch Master and see what his brain could tell you about the others? I know it’s rude, but…”

                “Actually Eunhyuk, that’s a pretty good idea you have if Ryeowook is willing. If I understand how it works, it’s impossible to lie while being read, isn’t it? Or, is it really breaking rules? There’s still so much about demon society we humans don’t understand, mostly because no one thinks to talk to the demons and ask”

                “Like the little one said Siwon, it’s rude. However, it’s not like it’s an executable offense and if anyone deserves a mind- it’s him. I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to dig out everyone if he doesn’t know them all himself, but it’s an excellent place to start.”

                Eunhyuk grinned, lighting up his whole small face. “Besides, I don’t want you eating Master Ryeowook. He’d probably give you mad cow or something since you take your meals raw.”

                There was a moment of hesitation before the blind little incubus started laughing, which triggered everyone else into a fit of giggles and earned him snuggles against Donghae, which he happily returned before sobering. He patiently waited for everyone to sound as though they’d settled down, then continued.

                “Is there any way to tell how much longer we’re going to be blind? Hyukjae and I agree on this if nothing else. We want to be able to look Master in the eyes before Ryeowook gets his claws on his mind and show him we might have been bent, but we were never broken.”

                “I wish there was a definitive answer for that Little One, but it’s different for everybody and you’re a special case, very young, bonded, and imprinted. Some things have been relatively predictable so far, but you’re still rewriting the rule book on everything we know.”

                “Wookie’s right Youngling. Next time any of us are in the demon realms we’ve definitely got to discuss your case for anyone else who might end up going through what you have. We’ll leave your names out of it of course.”

                “Actually Elder Leeteuk, if it’s possible I’d tell whoever “they” are myself. I’d also like to know why none of my batch or our carers ever looked for me.”

                “You do have a point there Youngling.”

***

                Jae Crewe, half Korean/half British who was always teased growing up about his name making him sound like a preppy men’s clothing brand and who did far worse to the smaller, pretty boys once the hormones hit and he was always overlooked because of his skin color and size when his school met with a girls’ school for “appropriate social interaction” was furious. He hadn’t wanted to give his prize possession up to anyone, but his efforts toward getting potential backers was finally starting to pay off. His horse-faced wife, married only for her social connections and the fact she was so ugly she would never be able to cheat or leave him, was completely clueless about his illegal incubus that he’d kept in his basement bedroom of “their loving family home.” He’d always claimed he wanted to sleep separately so his snoring or coming home from late night “business meetings” wouldn’t wake her, when the thought of spending more time than he had to with the woman made him sick to his stomach. If he hadn’t needed children he never would have bothered marrying at all. He’d been content for years with the oh so tight young boys he’d pick up and pay or threaten well enough to keep their mouths shut that felt so good as he rammed inside them, the younger and tighter the better. In contrast, “the Horse” as he always thought of his wife was so loose after their first child he was surprised he ever got off at all. She was exceptionally fertile however, birthing six daughters who were plain rather than ugly and were easily married off to the problem sons of his friends or business contacts before finally giving him a son so he’d have an heir.

                Jae of course had heard the rumors of Junior’s problems in school, but it’s not like he actually cared. As long as the boy didn’t accidentally knock any of his conquests up to ruin his chances with the pretty, empty-headed girl he was courting to be his arm candy and mother of his own heirs, and kept up his grades through hard work or blackmail so they couldn’t be accused of simple nepotism once he graduated and took over the business so Jae could concentrate on politics, he didn’t see why he should be concerned.

                His political career was actually the reason Jae had acquired Eunhyuk to begin with. It wouldn’t have done to be caught picking up boys once the paparazzi started following him around and he worried about how he’d see to his needs. His campaign manager had been the one to suggest he keep a boy. So, he soundproofed his room and had gone hunting, only to hit the jackpot when he picked up his very own incubus.

                Eunhyuk, who for some reason had been calling himself Hyukjae at the time and for the first couple of years seems to have two different personalities until he finally learned who his master was and knocked it off, was Jae’s every dream come true. Even when he still acted crazy he was quiet, and always compliantly bent over when ordered. He’d been worried about his boy’s hole getting too loose and having to dispose of him and find another especially since his core group of friends shared his tastes but had far less luck picking up boys, but Eunhyuk was always so tight. He was cheaper to take care of as well. Had he been human he would have needed regular food and a bed and medical care if he got sick, which he would have had to creatively explain if he was ever caught. Everyone knew incubi only needed with any number of people and a minimum of actual food and water and it didn’t matter what they were given, that they never got sick or injured that they couldn’t heal themselves, would be fine no matter where they were or how they were treated since it wasn’t as though they had feelings or cared about things like comfort.

                Actually, because of all those things Jae never understood why it was illegal to own an incubus. Oh sure, there was a slowly growing number of nutcases who claimed incubi and other demons were thinking, felling beings who deserved the same rights as humans, that they had their own society and culture, but sensible people knew better. Incubi were more or less living dolls, and other types of demons weren’t even that. Humans were the only important beings. Everything else existed to make their lives better. People owned pets and livestock, so why would a demon be any different?

                Still, until he got into office and changed things to how they should be, it was illegal and Jae had to be careful. His last “business trip” was really to hand off Eunhyuk to someone who had similar tastes and no political leanings but wanted the incubus completely helpless so he couldn’t run back to Jae before he had a chance to find a new place to hide him from prying eyes. Feeding him less and ing him more often and harder seemed to work, as he went blind and was unable to walk soon after arriving in this hellhole of a town. He wanted to spend all the time he had left with him however though, before selling him to the person Eunhyuk thought of as New Man, who ed him once and promptly lost him on the highway, only to have him disappear by the time he had a chance to turn around and go back for him. Jae practically strangled the idiot when he found out, worried about what had happened to his property and wishing he’d never thought of giving him to anyone else. He hadn’t been able to stay to look for Eunhyuk then though so went home, only to buy a house a few weeks later “to get away from it all.” He’d had to bring the Horse and the two youngest daughters who wouldn’t marry until the fall, but at least he had a base of operations to find his incubus, hoping he was still in the area. He wished he could just call the cops and have them look, but he had to make do doing it himself. He just wished he knew how, but had finally caught a break. He’d heard about a sort of club who offered incubi to interested parties so thought he’d try there, hoping whoever had found his had brought him to the stupidly named Feed Your Demons. Jae had wondered how the club stayed in business, but guessed that since it was renting incubi rather than selling them there was some sort of legal loophole, like some whorehouses in other countries. At least it was a place to start and if Eunhyuk was there, the owner would hopefully be reasonable enough to give him back, or accept a finder’s fee. He didn’t want to go alone however, so decided it would be best to invite his friends along who would probably enjoy the experience.