Chapter 25

Feed Your Demons (but read the fine print)

Ye gods and little fishes! Another chapter already? Why yes, yes it is my little kittens. I actually have a whole lot more to say, but I need to get ready for my weekly gig as a half-elf cleric sorcerer whose job is to keep the damn Dragonborn paladin from dying quite so quickly. Bonus points to anyone who got that means I play Dungeons and Dragons.

 

                A week after Heechul left and Leeteuk, forced into taking over their body by a Jungsoo who was refusing to let him stay inside and sulk over their vanished lover anymore, was sitting under a tree at a nearby park and watching his great-grandson play Frisbee with his and his bondling’s love. Well, at least Eunhyuk and Donghae had started out playing Frisbee he was pretty sure, but now to him it looked more like a cross between tag and a tickle fight whenever either caught up with the other. The sight made him smile a little, thinking that at least they were happy. The full human still hadn’t come right out and admitted he was in love yet, but the way he’d disappeared on three separate occasions and been having secret meetings with Ryeowook that the little multi-natured demon refused to discuss made him think he was just planning some grand gesture. That, or he was trying to find his stupid brother, no matter how many times he spat out Heechul was an idiot who was welcome to ruin his own life as long as he kept everyone else out of his mess. Jungsoo and the others seemed to agree, but Leeteuk couldn’t help it. He missed the demanding diva something terribly and wished him well, even if he couldn’t quite explain why he cared so much.

                “Aren’t you two worn out yet? It’s nearly dinnertime and Eunhyuk and Hyukjae still have their schoolwork to finish!” Leeteuk yelled at the pair, who merely grinned.

                “Come and get us Great-Grandpa Leeteuk “the younger incubus called back, before grabbing the full human’s hand and spreading his wings. He couldn’t quite fly yet since his wing muscles weren’t very strong, but he could hover a few moments. Or not that little weasel! Leeteuk thought, watching Eunhyuk rise off the ground until he was just above Donghae’s head, before being towed like a flapping kite as the full human ran.

                “Get back here this minute!” Leeteuk pretended to be angry as he launched himself off the ground, his own wings protesting as he gained speed. He didn’t fly often since he didn’t want to risk knocking into anyone or anything at the club and Jungsoo was usually in charge of their body when they were outside, since he complained less about wearing a shirt, so he was already feeling the strain and knew he’d be sore tomorrow. Well, at least it would be something to mope about besides Heechul he thought as he easily caught up and tackled the others to the ground and began tickling them both.

                “Okay, okay you win!” Eunhyuk laughed as they untangled themselves and went to gather their things.

                The trio were nearly back to the Feed Your Demons van that had enough room for the two incubi’ wings, when their way was suddenly blocked by an angry-looking older woman who was brandishing an umbrella like a sword.

                “What are these, things doing out among decent people?” the woman addressed Donghae, who gawped like a stranded fish. “They should be locked in cages until they can be put down like the diseased beasts they are!”

                “Excuse me ma’am, but my incubus boyfriend and his great-grandfather are neither things nor diseased beasts. They are just as fully people as human beings and just enjoying being outside like the sun worshippers they are. Teuk here is even a business owner and Hyukkie is a student. Now, if you don’t mind stepping aside, we must be going now.” Donghae had recovered surprisingly quickly Leeteuk thought as he grabbed the woman’s umbrella and used it to nudge her aside, only to have her further recoil in disgust.

                “Don’t you touch my belongings you crime against nature! If you had any decency, you’d attempt to act normal!”

                “True, I could. Okay then, let me have your granddaughter’s phone number. I’ll have with her instead of my boyfriends,” Donghae grinned, while Eunhyuk’s mouth dropped open and Leeteuk bit his tongue to keep from laughing as the woman turned around and fled as fast as her fat, stumpy legs would go.

                “Well, that was fun. I haven’t scared off a bigot in a while now. Shall we go? It’s always so amusing to pretend to be shocked, only to pull out the old, okay I’ll sleep with your daughter/granddaughter/sister. Wasn’t sure if I’d actually get to use it though since she attacked you two first.”

                “Hae, do you realize what you said to her?” Eunhyuk stopped in the middle of the parking lot, eyes wide.

                “I just said I did. I’ve probably pulled that a hundred times by now.”

                “Not that you idiot, you called me and Hyuk your boyfriends!”

                “Well, you are, aren’t you?” Donghae stated matter of factly, only to nearly be knocked over by a happy, wiggly Eunhyuk who was plastering kisses over his face.

                “You’ve never said it before!”

                I think you’ll be driving home Jungsoo, since Donghae seems more than a little occupied Leeteuk thought to his bondling, who took over their body and managed to maneuver the two into the back of the van before climbing into the driver’s seat and heading toward Feed Your Demons.

                Eunhyuk, who had begun to learn to read and had already mastered his alphabet flashcards and was now working on vowel sounds, and Hyukjae who had enrolled in online school who didn’t care how old he was, didn’t make any progress on their education that night and in fact the they and Donghae didn’t even have dinner until several hours after the others, only to spend the next day scrubbing the stains and smell out of the van since they couldn’t wait to “celebrate their relationship progress” until they got home to their room. They did manage to join the “puppy pile” that night. Since Heechul’s disappearance neither Leeteuk nor Jungsoo had had much luck sleeping by themselves, so everyone at Feed Your Demons tried to make them feel better with cuddles, and it actually worked. Eunhyuk, spooned by Donghae had the natural ability to share his own energy with the other demons, much like Leeteuk had done as a carer. This was different somehow, but made him, Yesung, and even Ryeowook relaxed at night and energized all day and the two other incubi felt no need to be slaves to their feeding instincts. So, all of the residents piled into Kyu, Wookie, and Yesung/Jongwoon’s bed every night since it was biggest, and managed not to fall out or kick each other as they slept.