Chapter Eight

Feed Your Demons (but read the fine print)

Hello my little kittens! I had some stuff come up with my husband, and I had to do this evil thing called working so I wasn't able to update for a few days. To make up for it, and the fact they're very short chapters I bring you a triple update- KE

 

                Donghae held his breath in anticipation of Eunhyuk’s answer to Ryeowook’s question. Such a simple thing, “do you think you could handle food?” but it meant so much toward the little incubus’ and his human’s recovery. He’d been surprised when Eunhyuk admitted he and Hyukjae were blind as well as everything else, but Ryeowook hadn’t seemed that concerned, only explaining why it happened and saying it was most likely reversable, which was a relief. It wasn’t that he wouldn’t care for his charges no matter what, but not being able to see? He couldn’t imagine, especially with everything else that had already been taken away from them, freedom, dignity, the right to be safe and cared for and loved.

                “Donghae? Yah! Earth to Lee Donghae!”

                “Huh? Oh, sorry Ryeowook. I was lost in thought.”

                “Obviously. Eunhyuk thinks they can keep food down so why don’t you go ahead and get you three showered and them repacked. He’s also going to be very brave and come out and try and meet everyone so I’ll leave clothes out for both of you.”

                Donghae couldn’t help but notice the note of pride in Eunhyuk in Ryeowook’s voice and couldn’t help the huge smile on his own face as he gently hugged his charges. He hadn’t expected the little incubus to want to try so much so soon, but it made him happy. The fact Eunhyuk had just woken up properly and was already willing to attempt to meet the others was just amazing to him.

                “Okay Hyukkie, let’s get clean and get you packed and put some actual clothes on.”

                Eunhyuk looked worried when Donghae explained what he’d been doing, only to visibly relax a little when the human took the blind little incubus’ hands and placed them on his own face so he could feel the human’s expression as he promised to be as gentle as possible.

                “Will it hurt?” Eunhyuk still sounded scared, but Donghae refused to lie to him even to be comforting as he answered.

                “I honestly don’t know. There’s supposed to be mild muscle relaxer and pain killer in the antibiotic cream but I’m not sure how much. You’ve been so out of it even your body couldn’t tell me.”

                “Okay Donghae. I trust you.”

                The human hoped he never did anything to betray that fragile trust, and was relieved at Eunhyuk’s reactions to being stripped, helped to the bathroom and in the shower, dried off, repacked, and dressed in loose boxers, shorts, fluffy socks with nonskid grippies on the bottom, and t shirt rather than the diaper things he’d been wearing for extra padding for his bottom and in case of accidents. There had been plenty of concern in the little incubus’ sightless eyes when Donghae first started his ministrations, moving slowly and explaining exactly what he’d be doing step by step, but Eunhyuk had somehow made himself relax and it went more smoothly than he expected.

                Once Eunhyuk (and Hyukjae who Donghae wondered when he’d get a chance to meet) were ready and the human pulled on the shorts that had been left for him since demon comfortable temperature wasn’t the same as human (or as Heechul would say, Fishy) comfortable and Ryeowook had told him skinship was good for the little incubus, he was surprised once again.

                “Donghae, do you think I can try standing upright and maybe walking? We used to, until the last few weeks after we came here and it was easier to crawl since we couldn’t see and Master wasn’t really feeding us.”

                “Absolutely, if you think you’re ready Hyukkie.”

                Donghae helped the little incubus stretch out their legs and massaged the cramps Eunhyuk said he felt, before guiding his charges to the edge of the bed and assisting them down since their legs were too short to reach the floor. To his amazement, there they stood steadily on their own feet for a minute before reaching for the human’s hands and actually taking about a dozen steps before getting wobbly, which made Donghae scoop them up so he was holding them koala style.

                “I did It! Donghae, I did it!” The little incubus threw his arms around the human’s neck and hugged him.

                “Yes you did my Hyukkie, yes you did.”