Chapter One

Feed Your Demons (but read the fine print)

                All of Lee Donghae’s wedding preparations had to be put on hold yet again. At least this time it wasn’t because his fiancé had things come up so they had to push the ceremony back. That would have been bad enough, but after the fourth or fifth time, anyone would think the other man didn’t want to get married. No, this time was because of his stepbrother and best friend Kim Heechul, who had just gotten dumped by another man who thought he was too high maintenance. Well, Chullie was a drama queen and attention , but he’d also looked out for Donghae who was younger than he was after they’d both been sentenced to boarding school after their parents died, and their guardians hadn’t wanted to deal with either of them. Trust fund babies yet orphans, the other boys had been cruel with their taunts, and had escalated to physical violence when the hormones hit and the pair of them discovered they were gay, just not for each other.

                Eventually the two of them were transferred to another school on the recommendation of the headmaster, who claimed the new situation would be better for them academically. That was a bunch of bull, the man just hadn’t wanted to be responsible for any murders on school property, but their new school turned out to be a blessing anyway. Even more upscale than where they had been before and co-ed, as well as being strong in the arts, it hosted quite a few exchange students, mostly the children of diplomats and the like. There was also a small but stable minority of gay and bi students and for the first time the pair had more friends and people looking out for them other than just each other. Both blossomed and figured out what they wanted to do with their lives after school. Heechul studied to become a singer and actor, while Donghae himself was a singer and dancer, but wanted to be a novelist.

                Fast forward to ten years after they graduated, and Donghae was engaged to one of the editors from his publishing company, and Heechul had just gotten dumped by his most recent boyfriend, a Chinese immigrant who decided he wasn’t gay after all, and the two best friends were heading on vacation to nurse Heechul’s broken heart and check out a club they kept hearing about that catered to demons as well as humans.

                Demons of various types weren’t exactly unheard of by anyone. After all, there were enough of them in society their presence was felt, and in theory they had just as many rights as humans, but much like gays and others who didn’t “conform to normal standards,” intolerant people were quite good at getting around the laws that were supposed to protect. Donghae didn’t think it was fair. Most demons caused no trouble, and the few that did were swiftly taken care of. The rumor mill said there was an executioner just for rogues.

                Donghae, and even more so Heechul happened to know there was some truth to the rumors. A certain Kim Ryeowook was known to be quite efficient, even if he didn’t just handle demons, or at least he hadn’t. A distant biological cousin of Heechul’s, also named Kim Heechul had ruined numerous men and women’s lives and had run into this Ryeowook once at a party according to witnesses and had ended up as nothing but a small pile of cracked bones. Donghae hoped never to run into him. He was probably the scariest being on earth if he could do that to someone and not have to face consequences.

                Donghae was getting bored and his legs were tired as he shifted his weight from foot to foot. The airport was extremely busy, so he’d offered to stay with the carryon bags while Heechul went to get their boarding passes. It was a short flight and they could have easily driven, but Chullie hadn’t wanted to deal with traffic. “Besides Fishy,” he’d added, “my heart is in pieces. I want to be catered to and spoiled rotten and hopefully ridden hard into next week by someone tall, dark, and handsome, with a huge he knows how to use properly.” Donghae snorted at the memory of that particular conversation. Chullie always had been a size queen and liked it rough and to boss his lovers around as a power bottom, while Donghae didn’t care about width or length and preferred things sweet and gentle. He was also vers, though had mostly topped in his relationships, including with his fiancé.

                Debating with himself as to whether or not he could successfully navigate his way to the men’s room, Donghae decided not to risk it and continued to wait for Heechul. He studied his fellow passengers in hopes of finding someone interesting enough to keep his mind off his feet and bladder and possibly serve as inspiration for a new character for a new novel. Most he rejected right away. He was sure they were lovely people, but he wasn’t looking for businessmen, or families with small children, or groups of students on a school trip.

                Rather distracted by then with his sore feet and trying not to do the potty dance, Donghae almost missed him, a small hunched over figure in several oversized sweaters and baggy pants he kept tripping over, lugging a large expensive-looking suitcase while a small, ratty duffle bag was slung across his chest. He was being led by the hand by a tall, fat, nasty-looking man in a suit, who was only carrying a briefcase and kept tugging the other person along.

                “Quit staring Fishy, it’s rude. Come on. I finally got our boarding passes. I swear, that line was at half the speed of snail.” Heechul’s voice cut through Donghae’s thoughts and the younger man snapped out of the half-trance he’d almost put himself in watching the figure, who had disappeared into the crowds.

                “Don’t call me Fishy Rella, or I’ll hide your glass slippers when we get to the hotel. I need to use the washroom before I leave a puddle,” Donghae responded to his friend and brother, handing Heechul his sparkly pink bag and hoisting his own plain blue on onto his shoulder. With his name meaning East Sea, he’d put up with being called various seafood his entire life, until he figured out he was gay and his nicknames turned derogatory. Heechul on the other hand had always been Chullie, until he discovered boys and developed a habit of streaking in last second before their midnight curfew at school, which led him to being nicknamed Cinderella, Rella for short.

                “Let’s go find the little Fishy’s room then,” Heechul teased with a grin as the two slowly began to thread their way through clumps of people.

                It was only after Donghae was settled into his first-class seat with a glass of champagne while Heechul sipped straight bourbon and flirted with the rather good-looking man across the aisle that his mind returned to the person he’d been interested in earlier. He wasn’t sure if it was his habits he had as a writer or his big soft heart as Chullie called it, but he wanted to know more about the person, hoping he was okay and considered the likelihood he’d ever see him again. Deciding his chances were probably slightly below zero without divine intervention, he fired off a quick text to his fiancé before setting his phone to airplane mode and spending the entire forty-five-minute flight staring out the window, his thoughts a jumble of wedding plans and the small person who could’ve quickly become his new muse if they’d actually met.

 

 

Eunhyuk gritted his teeth and clung harder to the arm of the couch as Master once more inside him and released, to the incubus’ relief. It had been hard enough keeping Hyukjae, the human he was bonded to from freaking out at the airport because of the crowds and during the plane ride because of the turbulence, and lugging Master’s things to and from baggage claim, when the suitcase was almost as heavy as the stunted little incubus and his human. Then, as soon as they got to the hotel, Master ordered them to bend over, which meant Eunhyuk using his pitiful incubus powers to send Hyukjae’s consciousness to sleep so he wouldn’t know what was happening to their body. It was bad enough his human knew they were half-starved and treated worse than a stray dog. He didn’t need to know exactly what Master, or often Master’s friends, put their body through. It was bad enough when he felt the aches and pains afterwards.

                “You’re always so tight,” Master said, pulling out and patting Eunhyuk on the head. “No wonder you incubi are in such high demand. Now go wash up and get some sleep. We’re having visitors soon.”

                We’re always tight because you refuse to prep us or even use lube Eunhyuk thought rebelliously, hitching their baggy pants up and gingerly moving toward the bathroom to clean up, grimacing at the sting and frowning at the reddish pink streaks left on the washrag. Master didn’t believe in prep or lube, saying the experience was always best raw and dry. Eunhyuk disagreed, but knew better than to say anything. Hyukjae might have been a street kid, thrown out from his foster home at thirteen for being gay, who had to resort to stealing or timidly selling himself to eat, but he was still human and deserved respect, and it wasn’t like Eunhyuk was any better. The little incubus, who’d been years away from being self-sufficient had somehow gotten separated from his batchmates while on a tour of surface earth as part of their education and couldn’t find his way back or any fellow demons to ask for help.

                Eunhyuk fastened their pants properly and rearranged their collection of sweaters they always wore to try and stay warm and attempted not to limp as he went to wrap up in their smelly blanket on the floor. Hyukjae was extremely small and scrawny anyway so was always cold, and like all his kind, Eunhyuk liked things warmer than most humans. Master was big and fat and always slept in a nice bed with plenty of covers so kept his house or any place else he was far too cool for the little incubus and his human to be comfortable. Now shivering, Eunhyuk tried to sleep, wishing he had his full powers so he could care for and protect Hyukjae properly, who’d only put their body in its current situation because of him. Without his batchmates and their carer who was able to feed them all without , he’d developed the requirements of any normal member of his kind. However, he was far too small and pitiful for anyone to be interested in him, except Hyukjae who offered to bond with him so he could still get the non-physical nourishment his species needed. Here was someone who had nothing, and yet still cared more about feeding a stray demon who couldn’t survive on his own for long.

                Fortunately for Eunhyuk though not so fortunately for Hyukjae, he had learned about bonding with a human before becoming lost and it was actually the best option for him to survive. Full-fledged incubi could survive independently, though often became “serial monogamists,” only leaving if their presence would somehow cause harm to their lover. Very young or weak incubi like Eunhyuk were better off bonding with a human, sharing a body and being able to communicate mentally with each other and swap back and forth as to who was in charge. It was a little confusing for others at first, one body sometimes being him and other times them, but they got used to it, especially lovers.

                Eunhyuk had been resting with Hyukjae in charge of their body when his wonderful yet foolish human made a deal with the devil. Well, actually it was with Master, but as far as the little incubus was concerned, it was the same thing. Looking for a better situation for the two of them with regular food for himself and better than the piss-poor meals Hyukjae’s clients provided him with for Eunhyuk, the human sold himself as Master’s personal . Far from being a kept boy and his incubus bondling however, they were worse off now then they’d been on the streets, but so far hadn’t had a chance to escape, Master keeping them under his thumb and too weak to run.

 

 

                Leeteuk’s whole existence thrummed with excitement. He wasn’t sure what exactly would be going on yet, but two things happened that made the incubus believe it was going to be major in some way, the pretty human who had flirted on the airplane with Jungsoo, the incubus’ own human, and the vague sense he’d had of the youngest, weakest incubus he’d ever felt outside of his interactions in the demon realms with batches of the younglings. He’d been one of the carers and teachers before getting sent to surface earth to deal with an out of control multi-natured demon named Ryeowook, who kept eating people and getting himself noticed. It wasn’t Wookie’s fault his natures made him act the way they did and the powers that be didn’t want him destroyed, his appetites just channeled into something more productive. Leeteuk had gotten there just in time to see the little demon finish off the first of his prey after six months of hibernation, and with the help of Kyuhyun, who was meant to be his next victim managed to persuade him to join the human and his lover, a human/incubus bonding named Jongwoon/Yesung. Wookie had thought Kyu had been cheating with Sungmin, who’d had a very pregnant wife, and who he’d just eaten, but it wasn’t voluntary. He’d been blackmailed, which was very hard to do to someone as naturally as evil as Cho Kyuhyun. The incubus had often had the thought that the human would have made a perfect demon.

                So Leeteuk had found himself with not one, but three beings to figure out what to do with. Kyu was human and Yesung refused to unbond with Jongwoon, so going back to the demon realms was out, and once they figured out the mechanics, Kyuhyun and Jongwoon/Yesung turned out to be the perfect leashes for Ryeowook. The older incubus discovered he rather liked being on surface earth, but no one wanted to deal with a full incubus who could disappear at any time, and he needed a job. So, he went hunting, and met Jungsoo who was willing to bond. They bought a dilapidated old factory in the middle of nowhere, channeled his now their charges’ energy to gut the place, and turned it into a club to cater to both human and demon kinds. Most humans were either willing to be feeders or were curious to know more about demons and wanted to meet in neutral territory to ask questions, and were cheerfully tossed out by the bouncers if they didn’t act respectfully. The majority of demons were incubi, either looking for partners or part of a couple/group who were looking for a safe place to explore any kinks, though they’d had all sorts come through in the years they’d been open. They lived in a bright, airy apartment on the second floor, which was thoroughly soundproofed in case they had guests and the club itself got loud. It was a common misconception that demons liked small, dark spaces. Some might, but most preferred warm and well-lit, with plenty of room so wings, tails, and other appendages didn’t get crumpled or trod on. It was also a stereotype that demons were evil. Like any self-aware species, they were a mix of good and bad, with few extremes one way or the other

                The club, named “Feed Your Demons” after the four, or six of them if Jongwoon/Yesung and Leeteuk/Jongsoo were each counted as two people, got extremely drunk one night and thought it would be a great idea to paint their new sign. Sober and nursing headaches except for Wookie who had no human among his multi-natures they tried to rectify their mistake, only to find out they’d already submitted their name for registration and it couldn’t be changed. They soon learned to live with it, and considering the number of incubi who had found one or more feeders among the human patrons, it was kind of apt.

                Feed Your Demons had three floors to it. The main floor was the club itself, with a fully stocked bar and a staging area where they had shows on the weekends, VIP rooms if less noise or more privacy was required, and plenty of room to dance or sit at the small tables and get to know others. Upstairs was generally out of bounds for patrons since it was where they lived. The exception was if a demon was sick, injured, or out of control for some reason. Next to the apartment was a destructive-demon proof containment room and had come in handy on several occasions. Ryeowook, who had become almost domesticated with the regular and companionship, and the local prison offering him meals from among the death row inmates, had taken up cooking human-safe food as a hobby, and kept the containment room stocked with anything he thought might be necessary for any emergency, from clean towels and changes of clothing from spilled drinks or powers gone awry, to demon-safe medications and a specially formulated vitamin and mineral mix for human/incubus bondings who were still learning to cater to each other’s needs and could use an extra boost. As far as their physical nourishment was concerned, bonded or independent incubi required high protein diets and extra vitamins and minerals they’d just absorb from their surroundings in the demon realm. Even non-incubi demons benefited from Wookie’s special mixture, which he’d developed after decades of observation and just never bothered doing anything with until he was given a proper pathway.

                The basement of Feed Your Demons was considered the most interesting, and many a patron who was unfamiliar with policy had had to be shooed away from the door to the stairwell when they became too curious. That was where the feeding/playrooms were located, as well as Jungsoo/Leeteuk’s own room for when he had a lover. It wasn’t that he didn’t have a perfectly lovely room upstairs, but his partners tended to scream loud enough during it could be heard even through the soundproofing. The playrooms had various themes, and even the tamest required all parties to sign a waiver, acknowledging that staff had right of discretion and would break up anything they saw if it went on beyond the agreed-on amount of time or if one of the emergency buttons were pressed, and only those patrons the staff knew and felt comfortable that they wouldn’t abuse the other party or parties were allowed to apply to use one. Despite the restrictions they were quite popular, and the entire staff was good enough at remembering people it was no trouble to decide who got to use what.

                Leeteuk had actually been relieved when the pretty man had started flirting with Jungsoo. His human hadn’t had a steady lover since his last one, that he’d been head over heels for had left him to marry some guy her parents picked out. He’d had a few one-night stands since then, or rather Leeteuk had, when he needed to feed for his non-physical requirements, but hadn’t been happy about it. It wasn’t itself incubi fed on, but the strong emotions that came with it, and there hadn’t even been much lust involved, much less anything more substantial. He wasn’t nearly the mind reader Wookie was, but he’d caught a few stray thoughts from the pretty man, that he was newly single and was on the plane in order to visit Feed Your Demons. There was definite interest sparking between the pretty man and Jungsoo, and throughout his long existence Leeteuk had seen good solid relationships that had been founded on less. His human was far happier when he was in a relationship, and when Jungsoo was happy Leeteuk was happy.

                The prospect of getting Jungsoo laid properly if not in an eventual relationship wasn’t the only thing putting Leeteuk on high alert though. He’d almost missed it in the thick crowds of various types of human energy, but for a few moments he’d felt the presence of the youngest, weakest incubus outside the batches he’d ever sensed. Hell, half the younglings still with their batchmates still felt stronger than the one he’d felt had. He might almost have convinced himself he was just feeling things, if that same really weak presence hadn’t turned up again on the airplane itself, from the rear with the rest of the extreme economy passengers he was pretty sure. He might have been tempted to take over the body, get up and take a look and ask a few questions, but they kept hitting turbulence and the seatbelt sign didn’t turn off, and even when the plane finally hit smooth air Jungsoo was so queasy Leeteuk hadn’t wanted to risk his human needing the barf bag. Still, he couldn’t help but be curious about the youngling, if that’s what he’d really felt.