Chapter 18

Feed Your Demons (but read the fine print)

Another chapter? Why yes it is. I have 500 papers to write for school so naturally I'm working on my story baby.

 

                Eunhyuk clung tightly to Donghae’s hand as they exited the apartment and tucked his new wings as closely to himself as he could, afraid of accidentally hitting a wall and breaking something or losing some of his scales. He had a few dim memories from when he first joined his batchmates and a couple of the early bloomers turned out to be scaled and forgot to be careful as they learned their adult bodies. He was having a hard enough time adjusting to his adult form and being able to see again. He didn’t need to nurse bruises and they had been nothing but gentle and kind so far, but now that he was fully healed and on his way to becoming an adult member of his species he didn’t want to invite any lectures from Ryeowook or Elder Leeteuk.

                “Nervous Hyukkie?” Donghae asked, letting go of the incubus’ hand, only to slip an arm around their waist and pull him closer so he could kiss their cheek.

                “I wasn’t before, but now I’m terrified, and Hyukjae is completely passed out in our mind so I don’t have his nagging to distract me. You wore him out but good.”

                “It’ll be fine. Your friends aren’t going to think any differently of you, except maybe baby you less, and that’s what you have me for. I still intend to spoil you and Hyukkie rotten, even if I won’t be able to have you in my lap as much.”

                Eunhyuk thought it was a ridiculous time to have a serious conversation, when he was half dressed and carefully making his way down a very narrow stairwell, but now that he wasn’t being distracted by his bondling, healing, or his incubus nature demanding to be fed properly, new and less pleasant thoughts had started to creep into his mind, and as always he turned to their rescuer Donghae.

                “We’re healed now and I know we can’t stay here forever. Where are Hyukjae and I going to live and how will we survive? I can’t even read let alone know how to do anything, and he has a seventh-grade education at best and his only job experience is as a streetwalker and petty thief. And what about when we try to confront Master?”

                Donghae sighed. “What’s gotten into you all of a sudden? You grow a worrywart between the shower and the stairs? I’m paying rent and helping with bills so no one has any reason to kick us out while you continue your lessons with Leeteuk. Once you’re confident enough, then we might consider living elsewhere, whether that’s with Chullie in the house he rented or if we choose somewhere ourselves. If Hyukjae wants to finish his education that can be arranged. If you want to learn human things like how to read that can also be arranged. Once you two figure out what you want to do, we’ll find a way to make it happen. If you’re thinking you need to live by yourselves, forget it. I belong to you both as much as you two belong to me, and I don’t mean the way Master thought. I’m not letting you go, unless that ever ends up being what you really truly want.”

                “Really?”

                “Have I ever given either of you reason to doubt me? Don’t start now.”

                Eunhyuk felt his doubts ease at Donghae’s words, even as he was pulled closer and softly kissed. He honestly didn’t know why now of all times he was thinking of those sorts of things. He trusted Donghae and Ryeowook and Elder Leeteuk with his life, literally.

                Because we’re finally happy and that scares the out of you since we’re not used to it, Hyukjae commented groggily from the back of their mind. Now enjoy making everyone stare, soak up the compliments, and quit waking me up for nonsense when you know better. Even I trust Donghae so what does that tell you?

                Knowing Hyukjae had a point even sharpen than Donghae’s, Eunhyuk did his best to ignore anything other than the warmth of the full human next to him as they finally made it outdoors to the muggy late summer evening and headed around the building to the short line outside the front door.

                “This is a club? This building is huge! I tried my best to get some sense when we were blind, but holy hell!”

                “From what Ryeowook told me when Chullie first started getting railed by Leeteuk and Jungsoo, they bought this building specifically for the size. Well that, and the fact it’s solid brick and not too near other businesses. They modified the inside specifically to cater to demon tastes and requirements, especially when it comes to temperature and lots of room so no one gets tails stepped on or wings battered. They cater to all kinds of demons, not just incubi and it’s become quite a hub for humans as well, so both species can learn about each other or cater to each other’s needs if that is what is desired. Plus, don’t forget storage, not to mention that giant apartment and the containment room we were in when Chullie and I first brought you and Hyukjae in.”

                Eunhyuk was still chewing this new information over in his mind when Donghae grabbed his hand and pulled him to the front of the line, to the protests of the others, mostly human women in short skirts and too much makeup, though he vaguely sensed the presence of a couple of demons, and something about the man in the trench coat with his face covered by a scarf and fedora made him uneasy, though he soon forgot when Donghae was greeted by a cute boyish-looking man with an odd accent who pulled him into a hug.

                “Well, look who’s back among the living! What rock have you been hiding under? And who is this gorgeous creature you won’t let go of?”

                Before Eunhyuk could properly get uncomfortable, Donghae pulled away from the stranger and ruffled his hair as though he were a child, before wrapping his arms back around the incubus.

                “I wasn’t under a rock Henry. You know Chullie and I were moving here. Well, the day we arrived we found a bundle in the middle of the street. I got out to move it, and it was an extremely injured incubus who turned out to have a bondling. I’ve been caring for them ever since and they’ve finally healed. This is Eunhyuk, and I don’t know if his bondling Hyukjae will show up or not. He was pretty tired.”

                Eunhyuk was grateful Donghae only gave Henry an edited version, with no mentions of Master, his stunted growth, their blindness, or his first proper feeding. It wasn’t something they were likely to want every Tom, , or Henry to know.

                “Anyway, we’ve been staying upstairs so Ryeowook and Leeteuk could help me take care of them. The reason you haven’t seen us is I would take the sun worshipper here out during the day after he felt better to bask, or swim in Siwon’s pool. We always came back before the stampede so he wouldn’t get trampled. He’s completely fine now and wanted to show himself off, but we need bracelets.”

                “Oh yeah, come on come on. Kangin’s doing that tonight while Shindong is scanning for illegal magic use and I’m on tossing out the trash. You just missed it. There was a quartet of females who would not understand why the bracelets didn’t match their…outfits.” Henry said the last word while using air quotes, even as he let Donghae and Eunhyuk into the entryway where two much larger men sat, one with his index fingers to his temples and his eyes shut, while the other was checking IDs before sorting through a number of baskets and handing various bracelets out as people waited for him.

                “Henry is human but a lot stronger than he looks, while Kangin and Shindong are both demons and giant marshmallows no matter how intimidating they seem” Donghae murmured in Eunhyuk’s ear before greeting the two men that had the incubus take a step back in deference.

                “None of that Youngling. We aren’t going to bite. Now hold out your right wrist while Kangin puts your bracelets on” Shindong suddenly spoke, startling Eunhyuk who looked up from trying to figure out the bracelets to see the much bigger demon with his fingers down, eyes open, and a big warm smile.

                “What are the bracelets for? I didn’t really catch it when Donghae told me earlier” Eunhyuk asked, only to have Kangin pull his wrist a bit closer and start fastening them as he explained.

                “Teuk and the rest want everyone comfortable here at Feed Your Demons. A lot of the younglings come when they first visit the human world, in order to gain some experience in a safe environment. Humans also come, to get to know demons better or offer themselves as feeders for the unattached incubi. Plus, all types of couples or more come to play and explore new things where there is very little chance of things getting out of hand.

                Now, since not everyone is looking for the same things, and not everyone wants to just walk up to strangers and announce what they want or need, we have the bracelets to have a quick way to eliminate anyone completely unsuitable. Red of course marks the members of staff, while Chullie, and now you and Donghae will have red with a black stripe, which indicates guests of members. Now, are you two observing, engaging in conversation, or more?”

                “Observing for Eunhyuk I think, but give him an engaging in conversation just in case, and I’ll take one as well and we’d best have couple so no one tries anything cute, and he’s a bonded incubus, not animal demon Kangin” Donghae replied, offering his own wrist. “If we were looking for partners we’d have more, couple but looking, and bottom for you, vers and top for me.” Donghae turned to Eunhyuk with a smile as he said the last part, then gave a cheesy wink that made Eunhyuk giggle.

                “Oops, glad you caught that. The scales threw me. I didn’t think incubi came in that flavor, just feathered like Teuk or basically humanoid like Yesung.”

                “A couple of my batchmates had scales, but I’m the only one I know of that also has wings” Eunhyuk spoke for the first time, shyly but it still earned him a hug from Donghae and smiles from Kangin and Shindong.

                “We’re from the same batch, and all we got were big, muscly humanoids. It’s very dull among the warrior demons, and since there was no work for us there and we were getting hella bored, Kangin and I snuck out to play hooky and ended up here” Shindong said before settling back in his chair.

                “Have fun you two, and don’t be afraid to ask any of the staff if you need anything Eunhyuk. You and your bondling are guests, and Teuk and Jungsoo would want you comfortable.”

                “Thank you Shindong” Eunhyuk replied with a small smile before turning to Kangin and Henry as well. “It was nice meeting all three of you.” The others waved and grinned before going back to their respective jobs.

                Eunhyuk’s first impression of Feed Your Demons was that it was huge, but a comfortable kind of huge. Now that he knew Elder Leeteuk and the others, it didn’t surprise him at all to see that the club was just as designed for demon comfort as the apartment upstairs was. There were plenty of lights, not the harsh florescent kind, but soft and warm, as well as a fully stocked bar where he could see the bartender working. Small tables were scattered around, except for a decent size dance floor near a small stage. Several doors were along one wall, one marked “Out of Order” and another saying “By Permission and Appointment Only”, near a short hallway with a sign pointing down it marked “Restrooms.”

                “What are those doors for Hae?” The incubus asked curiously.

                “Meeting rooms mostly. Incubi use them to get to know potential feeders better without distractions, individuals or couples or more use them to interview possible partners, or sometimes when it’s really crowded new friends just want to get to know each other without yelling their heads off. The one with the out of order sign was damaged the other night when someone was drunk and got too rough at being told no by one of the unattached incubi who had a bad feeling about him. He was hauled off to the drunk tank and will be billed for the replacement table and chairs. They just haven’t come in yet. The other door leads to the playrooms and Leeteuk/Jungsoo’s private room. Nobody gets down there unless they’ve been fully interviewed and pass all other requirements. There have been a few accidents, but thankfully nothing serious. The point is to keep everyone as safe as possible without restricting anything they might require or wish to try.”

                “Playrooms?”

                “Feed Your Demons doesn’t just cater to incubi looking to feed, humans and demons wanting to get to know each other, or those looking for partners of one kind or another. Sometimes they come because they want to explore kinks in a safe environment. Incubi also use them if they don’t have a lover and they’ve hooked up with a feeder. Ryeowook can treat just about anything on a first-aid or emergency basis for humans and full knowledge of various kinds of demons, and they have EMS on speed dial in case of catastrophe involving a human. Now, should be go get a drink before finding everyone else? Kyuhyun makes a mean cocktail I’m told, and they have a full line of nonalcoholic beverages for the demon patrons since alcohol makes most of you guys sick. A few are foolish enough to try, and often end up in the containment room. I stick with diet coke with lime in case someone needs someone sober. Usually it’s Chullie. Tonight I don’t want anything to impair my judgement while you get used to all this.”

                “Kyuhyun bartends? I thought he was in charge of snark.”

                “He does both. Come on. It’s time to show you off.”