Never pass up a chance to see Freddie

A love through time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Never pass up a chance to see Freddie 
Chapter 9

*No one's POV*

Southwark was at the controls when Moonbyul hit the recall signal. As he had promised her, he widened the wormhole from microscopic to normal size. Then he sent the basket down. A minute later he could see the gandola coming back with Moonbyul in it. Her normal scowl had been replaced by a look of intense anger. 

"So... you were gone for almost the entire night. You had fun... Yes?" he said hoping the look was just Moonbyul being overly grouchy. 

Moonbyul quickly got in his face and narrowed her eyes, "Fun. NO! You need to check your machine it was a bit off." 

Southwark backed up with a worried look, "OFF? By how much?" 

The Korean rebel huffed and hardened her jaw, "3 years and 5 months. So instead of a rather festive May 12th, 1937, I got into a rather terrifying, October 9th, 1940. Which as it happened to be---was during the London Blitz. So I got to see a German air raid first hand and let me tell you. NOT FUN. Not fun at all. I even got see some pore bastard they were pulling out of the rubble on my way back. He didn't look to good. Normally I would have loved to see a dead body. But because of my long night, I couldn't even enjoy it. I spent the entire night sleeping, rather uncomfortably I may add, in a corner of an under ground station. And I'm tired, my back hurts and I'm hungry as hell on top of it. So no, I didn't have any fun!" 

Southwark turned white and took a rather nervous sip from the coco's water he was holding, "Oh... my I'm so sorry! I... I... need to check the calibration."

Moonbyul nodded and grabbed the bag of her modern clothes that was in the corner, "Yes... you do that." She said in a chilling voice, followed by an equally chilling glare. "Now, I'm going to changed, go home, take a shower, eat down about 10 aspirin and half a bottle of bourbon. Watch some scary movies or series, or whatever. Then go to sleep, bye..." 

Southwark felt terrible, not to mention he was half scared out of his wits, "Uh... Take the next week off with pay while I fix this."

Moonbyul just grunted and left the room. For the next week Moonbyul relaxed and attended her classes as normal. Though her thoughts remained on Solar, she pushed aside any thoughts of her eventual trip to the 1800's. 

She returned to the lab a week later to work. No trips had been planned so Moonbyul figured she would just run errands, as she did normally. 

"So did you get the thing fixed? Because the rather unnerving buzzing which is the sound of a few hundred German Heinkel bombers headed in my direction, it's not one I care to hear again." She said abruptly, as she walked into the lab. 

Southwark stood up and handed Moonbyul a small box, "Yes. A circuit board had failed, causing the calibration to drift. I need to watch that in the future. I also took the time to install a secondary backup. I feel very bad for what I've done and I've gotten something to hopefully make it up to you. Here." 

Moonbyul looked at the box and opened it. Inside was what looked like a small but old ticket. Pulling it out, Moonbyul could see it was well preserved and unused concert ticket. 

''You've mentioned that you like Siouxsie and the Banshee's lot. So I found this on ebay and ordered it for you."

"Hell yeah,  it's probably my favorite band, period." she then read the ticket. 

Siouxsie and the Banshee's 

8:00 PM. August 25th, 1981

Hammersmith Odeon, London England. 

"Oh... Cool. Thanks." Moonbyul said as she looked back up at Southwark. "I'll have to frame this and put it on my wall."

A rather puzzled look came across Southwark's face, "It's an unused ticket."

Moonbyul rolled her eyes, "I'm not blind. I can see that."

Suddenly Southwark stepped back and gestured towards the equipment behind him, "You don't see my dear. You have a unused ticket and I have a TIME MACHINE!" 

It took half a second for Moonbyul's mind to connect the dots. At which point her eyes opened wide, with a long audible gasp. Looking down at the ticket, Moonbyul's hands began to shake. 

Realizing she could see her favorite band off all time in their prime, Moonbyul had a mini freakout, "Oh... oh my God... I can...I can see Budgie. I can see Siouxsie. Not the old Siouxsie. But the new Siouxsie, when she was new and not old and broken up like today. Oh my God. 1981, that's juju. I can hear night shift. Oh my God I can go... I can see Siouxsie and the Banshee's!"

"Well technically you already have. In fact I have the machine ready to go. You're dressed in all black as normal, so if you're ready. You can go now. I even have some pound notes from that time you can spend. Here they are."

"ARE YOU KIDDING!" Moonbyul snapped as she grabbed the pound notes, "This is Siouxsie. I can't just wear any black outfit. Oh my God. I have to rush home and get my best Goth outfit." With that, Moonbyul ran out of the door and returned just over 5 hours later. 

He knew not to say anything but Moonbyul appeared much like she did before. She was wearing a black leather boots, tight black leggings under a black and green plaid skirt. She had in a black lace top and leather jacket with a long necklace with a strange Goth like design. Her hair was done and very much looked like a Goth. "Let's go. And if you dump me in the Blitz again, I'm going to hurt you." 

Southwark was pretty sure Moonbyul wasn't kidding. 

Southwark, made sure he had the date and would place her in London with plenty of time to to reach the venue. With that, Moonbyul was sent back. Arriving in 1981, she found the place to be a record store again. She exited the store and made her way to the concert venue. 

Soon she was standing on Queen Caroline Street in front of the Hammersmith Odeon theater. Looking at her watch, she could she it was just after 7:30 PM and people were filling into the venue. 

For a moment, Moonbyul marveled at the concert goers. There were a few small groups standing outside smoking. There were some with spiked hair, some with new wave hair, sticking out in every direction and many with the very classic punk look. Some were dressed very Goth like, but in an earlier style. Moonbyul felt like a sleek deadly panther in the middle of a gaudy flamboyant zoo. No one however seemed to notice the Korean rebel in her 21st century Goth outfit. 

Moonbyul looked at the ticket in her hand and grinned, "Holy , I'm here!"

With a building tense of anticipation, Moonbyul walked in, handed her ticket to the usher and found her seat. Much to her surprise, the seat was a pretty good one about 16 rows back from the stage. She wondered briefly if the people next to her knew the original ticket holder. If they asked she'd just say she saw the empty seat and moved forward. She realized she couldn't admit to having the ticket if they did know the person. 

Still, Moonbyul was beyond excited, as the venue filled up and behind a curtain a few guitars could be heard as they were tuned up. The whole thing was like a dream. But at 8:00 sharp, the curtain rolled back and the stage was flooded with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter