Fate or chance

A love through time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fate or chance 
Chapter 34

No one's POV

The pair had a very nice lunch, though Solar wasn't too fond of the rock music that was playing in the pub.

"I do not like this music, must all modern music be about people's behinds? It's so vulgar." The Victorian girl said as she finished the last bite of her salad.

Moonbyul raised an eyebrow and listened to a few bars of Baby Got Back by Sir Mix— that happened to be playing, before shrugging. "Sorry honey, it's al about asses these days. Either looking at them or getting them."

Solar wasn't sure if the Korean rebel was kidding her, but it certainly seemed like the modern music was all about things one in her day, would never speak about in public.

All this talk of openly, made her a bit uncomfortable. She liked , but it was something people didn't talk about.

Moonbyul got up from the table, "Come on, let's go."

Solar got up and looked around, while some of the changes were a bit unsettling, she felt a sense of pride that the Inn her father built was still running.

Outside the pair took each other's hands while Moonbyul suggested they take a walk and see the town. The Victorian girl knew she needed to reacquaint herself with the town so she agreed. She also loved being able to openly walk hand in hand with her female lover.

The pair walked around a little bit, mostly in a happy silence with Solar pointing out buildings she recognized. However at one point, the Korean-American stopped on the sidewalk in front of a Belty Burger restaurant. A cheap McDonald's rip off in the UK, Moonbyul threw caution to the wind and ate there when she first arrived in Britain. She found the food to be horribly greasy and it made her sick to the stomach. She hadn't been there since.

But at this point, she stood in front of the Belty Burger and started to laugh.

Solar looked at her rather puzzled, "What is so funny, Moonbyul? It is just, what you called a fast food restaurant. I do not get your humor."

She stopped laughing after a few seconds and turned to Solar, "When I first came here I ate that horrible food and got sick. I think I know why that place may be so horrible."

"Why?"

The Korean rebel then pointed to a large rock that happened to be sitting in the grass between Belty Burger and the shoe store next door, "That rock was there in 1869. I remember it. I remember it as it was 20 yards away from the outhouse behind the cabin. The Belty Burger is now about 20 yards away from the rock."

Solar's eyes opened wide, "You mean?"

"Yes, the Belty Burger is built right were the old outhouse was and—" Moonbyul then looked down at the sidewalk for a moment, "—If my guess is correct, we are standing in what used to be my kitchen."

With a frown, the Victorian girl shook her head. "I do not wish to have a Belty Burger."

Moonbyul urged her on, "Me neither."

As they were near the park which still existed, they took a long walk which the Korean-Latina loved. The park was very much as she remembered it and it brought back very fond memories. At one point, they found a nice grassy spot near the river and layed together, holding hands, looking at the clouds.

For both of them, it was a wonderful day spent with the woman they loved.

By the time they came back, it was nearing supper and Moonbyul suggested for Solar to try something new. Up to this point, she had only made things that used to be served in the Victorian's girl's home.

"How about Chinese food from the Emperor's kitchen?"

Solar suddenly gasped, "Food from China, from the kitchen to the emperor in the forbidden city no less. Such wonders. How does it get from China so quickly, by jet plane?"

Moonbyul shook her head and suppressed the urge to laugh or mock Solar, "No, it's a semi crappy Chinese restaurant about 3 blocks from here. But they make excellent Kung Pao chicken, you'll love it. Why don't you relax and read a bit. I know you don't like the TV and I'll order the chicken and make some other arrangements. Until I call you, stay put in the bedroom. Please."

"Arrangements?"

The Korean rebel smirked and walked into the kitchen, "That would be telling. Sorry, can't help you. Please check your number and try again."

Solar just shook her head. She had seen a few minutes of the TV here and there, but didn't quite like it. Sadly what she saw was, a few minutes of the Kardashian reality show, which is enough to turn anyone of the television, permanently.

So the Korean-Latina, read for a while in the bedroom while Moonbyul ran around the apartment and occasionally out the door. Other than an occasional "Where in the is that or God damn it." Moonbyul said noting. She made a mental note to speak to Moonbyul about her language.

"Can I come out now?" Solar asked after half an hour.

"NO!" Was the only reply.

Sensing it was a special occasion, the Victorian girl did pick out a nice dress and snuck into the bathroom to wash up and make herself presentable. Her mother would always stress that it is proper to dress and clean up for dinner, especially when it was a special occasion.

Just after she snuck back into the bedroom, the Korean-American appeared in the doorway. Upon seeing Solar's dress, she smiled. "You look pretty, but you didn't have to dress up."

Solar blushed, "I wanted to."

Then Moonbyul took her hand, "Come with me."

Solar followed her out the door and up the stairs to the roof. In the far corner there was a card table with a nice table cloth and a nice place setting for two.

In addition to that some multi colored Christmas lights had been strung on a few poles giving it a festive look. On a small box was a boom box playing some soft music.

Solar was most impressed by the effort and the smell of the food was wonderful, "Thank you, Moonbyul." She said as she threw her arms around the Korean rebel and kissed her.

"Our first real dinner as a couple and I wanted to at least make it something special. Come on, let's eat."

The couple sat down and for the very first time Solar ate Chinese food, which she loved. Just the exotic nature of eating such strange food was a thrill, but she loved her king Pao chicken and shrimp fried rice. Of course the dinner was very romantic and Solar couldn't be more happier. The pair had a wonderful romantic dinner, where then Moonbyul talked about California and what it was like back home.

"I remember you talking about sunsets, how beautiful they are." The Victorian girl said between bites.

"I hate the beach, I hate the sun, but I love the sunset at the beach. It's quiet, most of the annoying people have gone and it's quiet. I sit and watch the colors in the sky as the sun sets in the sea. It feels magical."

"I'd very much like to see that."

Moonbyul smiles and took her hand, "I'd very much like to show you."

As soon as dinner ended, Moonbyul stood up and went to the boom box. "I was thinking about music and how we could perhaps find a compromise and I found a song that is from a year that is almost exactly halfway between 2018 and 1945. It's a popular song and you may just like it. As I said, a compromise."

"Oohh...play it, please." Solar requested happily.

The Korean rebel hit the button and the and the slow sound of Glenn Millers 1939 song, 'Moonlight Serenade', began to play.

Solar listened for a few moments. Though the song was unfamiliar, she actually liked the slow romantic melody. To her it sounded like it had a slow dreamy quality.

"Dance with me," Moonbyul asked extending her hand.

The Victorian girl stood up and with an embarrassed look said, "I don't really know how to dance, but I want to."

"Don't worry, I'll show you." Moonbyul reassured, taking her hand very slowly and carefully.

She then quickly showed Solar how to dance and after a few missteps, was managing well. It seemed like the perfect moment.

"You're quite a woman you know?" Moonbyul said as she held Solar close and looked deep into her eyes.

"How?"

"You turned me from an angry pissed off, hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter