Is she or isn't she

A love through time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Is she or isn't she
Chapter 4

Moonbyul's POV 

The more I read the journals, the more I'm taken with Solar. She's bright, cheery, upbeat and cares deeply about others. She loves walking in the park on sunny days and reads romantic stories. Maybe not the attributes a lesbian Goth would look for in a woman, but after having her heart crushed by Krystal, she's like a breath of fresh air.

I continue my odd work for Southwark working about 3-4 days a week. He has me run odd errands around Londen frequently. He'll have me get a circuit board or some other piece of computer equipment. Sometimes he has me fetch a particular book or scientific journal. I've been doing a lot off data entry, but most of that is just putting numbers into a spreadsheet.

I did some research and learned that my employer is Dr. Erwin Southwark, who graduated near the top of his class from Cal Tech. He has a doctorates in both Physics and Math. From what I've learned, he was always the person who went against the grain and some of he theories had been ridiculed by his peers. His specialty seems to deal with wormholes. Holes in space and time that can take a person across far distances in an instant. 

But that's not all that relevant, as this is only a job. As long as I get my free Chinese food and paycheck, I'll do anything that doesn't involve me getting or ending up death. 

In the journals I'm up to Solar's 16th year. She works in the the Tavern/Inn her father owns as a waitress and spends a lot of time with her friend Wendy. I said this before, but I've noticed something recently in the journals. It's subtle but hasn't escaped my attention. I had previously noticed her sister being man crazy, but Solar not nearly so. But lately, I have noticed an odd thing. 

When she described men, it's usually not really descriptive. She gives only the most basic descriptions, such as; 'he was tall and thin with curly brown hair.' 

But with woman she often goes into much more detail. Such in this entry; 

December 14th, 1866.

Father, Suzy and I were blessed with an invention to the Christmas Party at Wendy's parents estate. It was a wonderful affair with excellent food, good conversations and we even danced. Wendy introduced me to her cousin Veronica Sal, who was from Coventry. She was a saucy kind of girl and rather fun to talk to. 

Veronica was about my height with an oval shaped face, green eyes and narrow lips. Her lay in tight, dark brown ringlets. She was what they call a full figured girl with a large bosom.

Veronica and I spent most of the night just talking and getting to know each other. Her father, William Sal, was an owner of one of the coal mines in the area. He was a rather short round fellow, but a friendly jovial sort. 

Suzy spent time talking to the newly commissioned lieutenant Akers. He was tall and handsome with short brown hair. With a laugh, I watched as she tried to goad him into asking her to dance. 

Father spent time talking to Mr. Son and the other adults where the subjects of business was the main topic of the conversation. We had a wonderful night.

Now the fact that she describes women in much more detail may mean nothing. But something inside me tells me it's because she prefers to look at women. It's not just that, but lots of other small things. 

With every entry, I fell more in love with Solar. Though I started to call her Solar for short. My own little pet nickname for her. A lot of entries were just day to day in Victorian England. I went to get groceries, attended school, but some were her more deeper thoughts. But sometimes even I felt like she was holding back. 

The next summer was a very interesting entry. Much to my disgust, I learned that Solar's father  had arranged for her to marry Eric Nam. 

July 3rd, 1867

Today was a rather strange day. Father spoke to me of a boy that will have my hand when he is older. I have a picture and he is attractive I suppose. His hair is a nice hazel brown color and his eyes are an auburn hue. His name is Eric Nam and other than that there is not much to note of my future husband. I was told he is now 23 years of age. I'm told he has traveled extensively throughout the world. 

Though I smiled and said he looked nice, honestly I felt little enthusiasm for him. 

Though later in the day, much more happened than I was prepared to deal with. Wendy and spent the evening by the lake and I sketched her. 

The sun shone radiant off the dark hues of her hair. I fear my drawing failed to do her large and bright eyes justice. Though, it is far too common to have brown eyes as I myself do, but hers had a special impact. 

They expressed her youth and innocence and her lack of concern or care as she was ready to brave the world. 

Perhaps her best feature aside from her painstakingly flawless skin were her lips. I loved her cupid's bow. They were a nice and gentle shade of pink that suits her skin well. 

Whenever I looked at her I was never certain if I felt envy for her looks or I merely appreciated true beauty. Either way part of what I enjoyed when spending time with her was looking at her. 

Still though part of the night was tainted when Wendy began to go into detail of her first kiss. Evidently a stable hand felt cocky when she went to see her horse. I had seen the stable hands and they were all grown and rather bulky men. I wasn't infuriated at the thoughts of his hairy almost ape like arms grabbing hold of her petite frame. I couldn't really describe what I felt. Still, she spoke of how it ran an incredible sensation trough her body as their lips collided. I could only hide disgust at the thought of her perfect lips meeting against a thin line hidden by an ungodly amount of facial hair. 

Oh my dear, how wonderful of a person I am that I did not lose the contents of my last meal when she confessed of his tongue meeting hers. 

That's all there is to write today.

I was now beginning to suspect she was gay. With a very ungoth like whoop, I jumped in the air. "You like girls I know it. I can't be wrong." It was exiting and only further drew me in. 

I read on and spent some time looking through the sketch book that was in the chest. While she liked to sketch she wasn't all that great. She frequently did scenes from the park, like ducks in the pond or an interesting looking tree. 

A few months later

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter