Remember me

A love through time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Remember me
Chapter 27

A/N I made a mistake last update Moonbyul shouted Mary but her name is Margaret so if your confused by this sorry. 

No one's POV

Margaret couldn't believe her eyes, what she saw, simply couldn't be. 

"Grandmother, is everything alright?" The woman asked with concern. 

Not answering, Margaret walked over to Moonbyul's table half in a daze. The face was exactly as she remembered it from all those years ago. 

"M-moonbyul? It can't be..." 

The Korean rebel smiled, "Hello Margaret, it's been awhile hasn't it?"

"It can't be..." Margaret repeated. 

"Do you remember what I told you that night?" 

Margaret thought and tilted her head, "You were from the future." 

Moonbyul nodded, "Well, you caught up to me. From your perspective it's been something like 70 years. From mine, it's only been a few months." 

Margaret suddenly flashed back to that night and all of it came back. The music, everything. "It is you!" 

The young woman who accompanied her grandmother came up, she then looked to Moonbyul and then back to Margaret. 

"Grandmother, what's going on?" 

Margaret looked at her granddaughter and smiled, "Josephine, do you remember the story I told you about the night I got lost during the Blitz?" 

Josephine thought for a moment then answered, "Yes, you were with great grandmother and when the air raid siren sounded, you got lost. But this odd woman found you in the tube station. She took care of you and played strange music for you. Then she took you home the next day. You told me once she played Fifth Harmony for you which was amazing and was from the future."

"Josephine, this is Moonbyul, the woman that took care of me that night."

Josephine looked at her grandmother as if she had turned purple, "You must be mistaken grandmother, that woman would have to be more than a hundred years old. That part about the future, is just a story." 

Moonbyul smiles mischievously and pulled out her phone, "It's not a story and I can prove it."

After fiddling with her iPhone for a moment, she held out a picture for Margaret and Josephine to see. It was a selfie with 6 year old Margaret and Moonbyul, "I took that picture on October 9th, 1940 when I was with your grandmother."

Josephine looked at it in disbelief, "No, it can't be. It looks like pictures of my grandma at that age, but that just can't be." 

Margaret just looked at the picture with a happy reminiscing smile. 

"Watch this," Moonbyul then hit another button and a small video began to play. 

Josephine looked to see the Korean-American and what appeared to be her grandmother at the age of 6 in a dark corner. 

Moonbyul pointed at the phone, "Okay then, you just talk and look right there. Tell them who you are."

"And this is a movie camera?" Margaret asked, puzzled. 

"That's right." 

The small girl smiled and looked directly into the small lense, "My name is Margaret Bell and I'm 6 years old. I live at 194 Stepney way in London. I have 2 sisters Eva and Helen. My mummy's name is Charlotte and my daddy's name is Charles and he's in the Royal Navy."

At that point a dull thud could be heard which made Margaret visibly cringe, "I don't like the bombs, Moonbyul. They scare me."

"Don't worry we're safe and I'm protecting you. Just go on." 

"My favorite doll is Sara, my best friend is Beatrice and I want to be a fireman." 

In the video, Margaret happily chatted on for a few more seconds but a sad look came to Margaret's face. "Beatrice..." 

"You've never mentioned Beatrice grandmother. Who was she? Why do you look so sad?" 

Margaret lowered her head and a tear fell down her cheek, "She was killed in a V2 rocket attack in 1944, along with her mother and brother." 

Josephine was now very convinced and eased her rather sad looking grandmother into a chair at the Korean rebel's table. 

"I do believe you, Moonbyul. This is all so great!"

Moonbyul sat down and mentioned for Josephine to sit, "It's great to me as well. But I have or at least had access to a time machine and I went back and met your grandmother and even briefly met your great grandmother. All she told you was the truth, she was in the world's first selfie and I can proudly say she is the world's first Fifth Harmony fan. Not to mention she was listening to Camila Cabello ages ago."

Margaret who had recovered by this point, took Moonbyul's hand. "It is so good to see you again, Moonbyul. If you don't mind me asking, why are you here?"

"It's a long story."

Margaret smiled, "Please tell me." she then turned to her granddaughter. "Could you please be a dear and tell the limo driver to park and wait? It's nearly lunch time anyway so just tell him to get some lunch and we'll reimburse him. Have him return in an hour."

Josephine got up, "Yes grandmother."

So Moonbyul then began to tell the whole tale, from the finding of the photograph to the events of today. Josephine returned after a few minutes and after catching her up, she continued the tale.

After finishing her story, Moonbyul sighed. "So that's it, my dilemma. I saved her bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter