Wraparound - Last chapter

A love through time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wraparound - Last chapter
Chapter 35

No one's POV

Christmas in Los Angeles in 2018 and Christmas in the 1860's were two very different things and Solar was becoming very aware of it. So many new traditions, songs and of course things to get used to but so far, the Victorian girl was enjoying it. 

Things had gone swimmingly well the first few months of Solar and Moonbyul's relationship. Moonbyul attended school and Solar took time to volunteer at the library reading to children and slowly learning how to run the business. The manager who's name was Jon, was very patient to her and a very valuable help in helping her learn. 

The Korean-Latina changed very little, but one thing she did was to add to the menu the beef stew they used to serve in the old days. It was her mother's recipe and she happened to remember it. It soon became very popular. 

Once the semester was done and winter break started, the Korean-American decided to take Solar home to meet her parents. They wanted to meet the mysterious English girl that had so quickly and completely captured their daughters heart.

Moonbyul had told them the cover story that Solar had grown up on an isolated island off of Scotland and was not raised around modern things. She also said that Solar's parents were dead.

So they hopped on the plane and the Victorian girl took her very first plane ride. Solar was very nervous of course, but much to the Korean-American's amusement, she worried that Indians may attack the plane. Solar was still learning and did get things mixed up from time to time.

Moonbyul merely said, "Not likely."

They arrived in Los Angeles 1 week before Christmas.

Solar was amazed by the modern looking Los Angeles and marveled at its huge size as the cab took them back to the Korean rebel's parents home.

As they got into Moonbyul's neighborhood, Moonbyul would point out things of interest to her.

"See that pink house? I egged that house no less than five times."

Looking horrified, Solar immediately asks. "Why would you do that? Did its owner offend you?"

The Korean-American smirked, "No, I just hated the house. It's pink. I hate pink."

"I have pink dresses. You say they are pretty. Do you hate them?"

"No, you can wear pink. I make an exception in your case. I love pink on you and only you. Otherwise I hate it."

Moonbyul then perked up, "That brown house there; When I was 13, the boy who lived there that I went to school with, said I was a freak. I punched him in the stomach, right by that bush for saying that. Good times."

She then pointed to a red house, "That house there, the girl there hated me and kept sticking her tongue out at me. So one day when she left her Barbie's outside, I beheaded them all." Moonbyul then smirked, "I still have all the heads, want to see them?"

"NO, Moonbyul! That was a horrid thing to do. Did you terrorize the entire neighborhood?"

With a straight face, she answered. "As a matter of fact, I did."

The Victorian girl found Moonbyul an odd contradiction at times. While she was loving and very tender with her, the woman was frequently, rude and mean to others. She seemed to have very little patience for anyone that annoyed her. But Solar did feel she was having a positive effect on her. Now a days she just glares at people who annoyed her, instead of actually being cruel to them.

A few seconds later the car glided up in front of a large 2 story colonial house with tan siding.

"It's a very nice house, love." Solar said as they got out of car and made sure her yellow dress was presentable.

The Korean-Latina still loved wearing dresses and rarely wore anything else. Moonbyul had slowly gotten her to at least put on a semi modern style.

The Korean rebel grunted, "It's nice, as long as you don't have to live there."

At this point, two girls of about 13 years of age came walking down the sidewalk.

Moonbyul grinned evilly at them and in a chilling voice said, "Hello Hyejin, hello Wheein. So nice to see you again."

"MOONBYUL'S BACK!" The two said in unison with a shriek and promptly ran in terror the other way.

Looking quite pleased with herself, the Korean-American watched them disappear around the corner. "It's nice to know that I still haven't lost my touch."

Solar looked aghast, but Moonbyul then quickly slid her arms around her and gave her a very tender kiss. "I save all my love and goodness for you."

Before the Victorian girl could respond, the two people she guessed were Moonbyul's parents came out. Both of them were in their late 40's with an average tall man with grey hair and the woman had honey brown hair who somewhat looked like Moonbyul's replica.

Both came down and greeted Solar warmly.

"Hello Solarea. I'm Seohyun and this is my husband Junmyeon. We're so glad to meet you."

As she habitually did when she greeted people, Solar curtsied. "Hello it's so nice to make your acquaintance. Moonbyul told me much about you."

For a moment, Junmyeon and Seohyun gave each other surprised looks. Solar was a complete 180 degree opposite from Krystal whom they both hated.

"Hey mom, dad. I see that Hyejin and Wheein are still afraid of me. It's nice to know that some things haven't changed."

Moonbyul's mother rolled her eyes and ushered them in. "You both must be tired from your flight. It's nearly lunch time. I can make you a sandwich if you'd like. We're having pasta for dinner, Moonbyul's favorite. I can show you the house and all my wonderful antiques. Our house was the winner of best home in the LA tour of homes for 3 years running. I must show you my 18th century..."

The Korean rebel cut her mother off, before she started to gloat about her valuable antiques which Moonbyul knew her mother would do. "Mom, we're both pretty tired from our flight. We'd just like to rest."

"That's fine, I made up your bed. I assumed Solar would be staying with you?"

"She ain't staying anywhere else." She remarked quickly.

"May I see your room, Moonbyul?"

Moonbyul led the Victorian girl upstairs to her room which had thick black velvet curtains and dark paneling, on the walls were posters for all kinds of horror movies and other strange and evil looking objects.

Moonbyul stood in the room, "I feel at home." Seeing Solar looking somewhat frightful, she took the Korean-Latina's hand. "Nothing can harm you here. Come on, I'm tired. Let's sleep."

As frightened as she was, Solar loved being in bed with her lover. So she quickly undressed, slipped under the covers and seconds later, she got in and Moonbyul held her.

"Now I feel safe. I always feel safe with you. I love you, Moonbyul."

"I love you too, baby."

Soon both woman were asleep.

-

After a long nap, Solar and Moonbyul woke just as dinner was ready to be served. The Victorian girl quickly put on her dress and made herself look presentable. Moonbyul just threw on a ripped pair of jeans and a Queens of the stone age t-shirt.

They came down for dinner and sat with Moonbyul's father. The Korean-American talked about school and life in England. They talked about the inn which they both owned.

Junmyeon was actually impressed that his daughter was now a co-owner of a business. While Seohyun was in the kitchen but made comments from the other room.

A few minutes later, Moonbyul's mother brought out the salad and the side dishes. Then she came out with a old fashioned looking pot that was made of glazed earthenware, that had one handle. In it was the pasta sauce. 

Moonbyul had seen that serving pot lots of times as it was some sort of family heirloom that her mother used for very special occasions. All of a sudden, she noticed Solar looking at it strangely.

Then she also looked at it, realized why Solar was looking at it strangely, then burst out laughing. "You used that?"

"Moonbyul, I fail to see what's so funny? It's a special occasion so I used the antique serving pot." Scolded her mother.

The Korean rebel who sometimes found sadistic delight in embarrassing her mother smirked and said, "Family heirloom indeed. But it's not a serving pot."

"What is it then? It's a large pot with a handle. It's from your mother's family. An antique."

Moonbyul laughed again, "That is a chamber pot!"

Both her parents faces registered confusion. Meanwhile Solar just looked embarrassed.

"What's a chamber pot? And are you sure?"

Moonbyul looked down and rubbed her forehead, as the memories of emptying and cleaning the ones in the Ferrer household every day for 2 months passed through her mind. It was a nasty and smelly job and she hated it.

Looking up, the Korean rebel looked to her parents. "In old days, at night, when people had to use the bathroom, instead of going to the outhouse, they used a pot like that that was kept under the bed. In the morning some unfortunate servant girl would have to empty and clean them. And yes, I'm sure what a chamber pot looks like, I wish I didn't, but that's a chamber pot."

With glee, the ever mischievous Moonbyul watched the embarrassed look on her mother's face. Upon realizing people used to crap in that bowl she had used for all of her fancy occasion. Seohyun was a bit snobby and pretentious, and prided herself as owning, what she thought was a super old and valuable colonial era serving pot. Moonbyul used to get yelled at for even touching that thing. She got yelled at for touching lots of the old things in the house.

"Oh..." Mumbled Seohyun, with a look like a child who just had their balloon popped.

At this point, the Korean-American grabbed the former chamber pot and dished up a huge serving of pasta with a smirk. "I'm hungry, let's eat."

Junmyeon however, after an initial moment of embarrassment, seemed to recover and started to eat. Very little if anything phased him, so Moonbyul didn't expect much reaction. It took her mother a few minutes to recover from having her pride deflated.

After that dinner went well and the conversation lively. Both her parents loved the Victorian girl and later told Moonbyul they were stunned by her perfect manners. Solar was her perfect polite self and enjoyed dinner and hearing about Moonbyul's upbringing. They both very much approved of her, which the Korean rebel actually wanted to hear.

Seohyun then got a small measure of revenge for the chamber pot incident, by mentioning the 3rd grade play where she played a mushroom and offered to play the video of it as evidence of her first acting experience. Seohyun, knew that Moonbyul was horribly embarrassed by that tape, plus the 2nd grade ballet recital which she also brought ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter