Catching up

A love through time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Catching up 
Chapter 33

No one's POV

As the pair walked down the street, hand in hand, they looked quite odd. On one hand was Moonbyul who was wearing ripped blue jeans and a black misfit's t-shirt. Her hair was raven black with a streak of orange in it. 

Holding her hand was Solar, who was wearing a very old fashioned blue dress that went down to her ankles and she had her hair up in a rather outdated style. 

A close observer would notice that the girl in the old fashioned dress looked just a bit nervous, but on this Saturday morning, most people simply paid attention to how they were dressed. 

It was only a few blocks to the farmers market so Moonbyul and Solar were holding hands and leisurely strolling down the sidewalk. The Korean rebel had on her face what she called her happy smirk. Those that truly knew her, would know that meant she was very happy and contant. Moonbyul also had her annoyed smirk, bored smirk and angry smirk. But today, she was more than happy.

Solar was also happy but nervous, being out in the open about her preference for women was very frightening. She kept expecting people to point or do something, but her lover assured her everything was fine. So she pushed her fears down and decided to have some faith in the woman she loved.

Much to her pleasant surprise, nobody said anything. But she did notice some rather odd looks, which made her a bit more nervous.

"They're looking at us, Moonbyul."

The mentioned girl paused and turned to her, "I'm wearing modern clothes and you're wearing rather old fashioned clothes. The fact that we're holding hands doesn't matter."

The Victorian girl frowned, "I like this dress. A proper lady should always wear a nice dress when out in public. My mother always told me that."

Moonbyul did think the dress was horribly outdated, but decided not to say anything about it. Instead, she said what she felt.

"You look beautiful," she said with a quick kiss.

Solar looked a bit shocked, "Kissing in public? That's scandalous."

The Korean rebel's smirk widened and she pulled Solar into a close embrace, "Lesson one; people can kiss in public, show affection and love for each other."

Before Solar knew it, Moonbyul pressed her lips against hers and initiated a deep passionate kiss. The Korean-Latina felt her whole body heat up as Moonbyul ever so slowly pressed her tongue into where she happily greeted it with hers. Solar found herself quickly lost in the blissful kiss.

Solar looked a bit dazed when Moonbyul broke the kiss and took her hand, "Look around, is anyone really paying attention to us?"

She quickly looked around and noticed that other than a quick glance, none of the few people on the street paid any attention to it. That amazed Solar and made her quite happy.

"I don't have to hide, I don't have to hide my feelings. I can be— what did you call it?" Solar asked, suddenly very excited.

"A lesbian," answered Moonbyul as they continued to walk.

"I am a lesbian and I prefer the company of women!" Solar squealed with a look of pride and happiness.

But the Korean rebel narrowed her eyes, looking just a bit annoyed and cleared . "Ah-uh... correction, you're a lesbian and you prefer the company of Moonbyul. When you say the company of woman, that implies other women."

She then moved her face to within an inch of Solar's, "There will be no other woman, I don't share."

The Victorian girl quickly giggled, finding Moonbyul's jealous streak rather endearing. "I am a lesbian and prefer the company of Moonbyul who is also a lesbian."

She then frowned mockingly and poked Moonbyul in the chest, "And no other woman for you. You're my lesbian and don't you forget it."

Moonbyul's happy smirk appeared once again, "Not on your life."

The pair continued onto the farmers market where they walked and picked up a few things for a salad that the Korean-American planned to make that evening.

Solar just looked at the different people and just beamed at the fact that she could openly be a lesbian. She did get a few strange looks as she did realize her dress was very old fashioned and rather formal, but she paid that no mind.

However, as they were about to leave the farmers market. A small boy, no more than five, who was standing near a fruit stand looked up at Solar and pointed.

"She dressed funny."

Seeing the offended look on the Victorian girl's face, Moonbyul's briefly fumed, but held her anger in check. She then kneeled down and looked the boy in the face, "Its not nice to say things like that."

"But she looks funny, she dresses like my great granny."

"You asked for it," Moonbyul thought, as an evil smile came to her lips.

"Wanna know a secret?" She then said in a low tone of voice.

The boy's eyes widened with curiosity, "Yeah, what?"

With her most devilish look, the Korean rebel said. "I eat... children."

Then Moonbyul proceeded to do a perfect imitation of the strange slurping sound that Hannibal Lector made in the movie Silence of the Lambs.

"MOMMY!" The boy wailed as he burst into tears and ran around the other side of the fruit stand.

Moonbyul could see him talking to a woman who looked rather concerned by his sudden outburst.

"MOONBYUL!" Solar said, quickly grabbing her wrist and pulling her away from the fruit stand.

She didn't let go of the Korean rebel's wrist until they were on the other side of the farmers market. Then she poked Moonbyul in the chest for real.

"You made that little boy cry, that was so very rude and unlady like. You didn't have to do that." Scolded Solar.

Moonbyul closed one eye, leaned up against a signpost and appeared to think. "Ahh... yes I did, and I'm hardly a lady."

"Why did you have to do that?"

"He said you looked funny. Lesson two; expect me to be very cruel to people who are mean to you. You're beautiful and I won't have anyone else be mean to you. Ever! That and I'm hungover which makes me a lot less pleasant to be around."

"That still wasn't nice."

She shrugged and took Solar's hand, "It wasn't meant to be. Come on, let's go home and put this stuff in the fridge."

Moonbyul than took a few steps and looked down, "I'm sorry, I get that way sometimes. You mean so much to me."

Solar nodded in understanding, "No more making children cry. Please. I have to adjust to your world, you can at least try to..."

"I got you... okay."

Once the pair got home and put away their groceries, Moonbyul said her headache was still bothering her so she decided to lie down for a bit.

"Okay, you can lie down. May I Iie down with you?"

"Of course," Moonbyul quickly said but quietly.

A few minutes later, the Korean rebel crawled into bed where she slid into Solar's arms and promptly fell asleep. The Victorian girl though she didn't sleep, just contented herself by holding the woman she loved. She knew that Moonbyul could be crude and somewhat rude at times, but she knew the Korean-American cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter