Who's the villain

A love through time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Who's the villain 
Chapter 31

No one's POV

In the week since Solar arrived, things had swiftly gone from bad to worse. Moonbyul did her best to make her feel welcome. She even made meals just like Thomas the cook did back in the past. But the Victorian girl remained quiet and withdrawn. Things between them quickly frazzled out. 

Each night, Moonbyul went to sleep on the couch, trying to think of how to help Solar— how to help them. But nothing seemed to work.

A devastating setback happened on the 2nd day back. The Korean rebel had to go to her school to register for classes for the upcoming term, so she told Solar she was going to her school and would return in about 2-3 hours.

Solar said she was fine them Moonbyul immediately left.

Feeling a bit brave and little curious to see what the town looked like, Solar decided to take a short walk. She put on one of the conservative dresses Moonbyul had gotten for her and went out. She quickly found the inn her father used to own, but other than that building, everything was different. Even the inn looked larger and different. In the old days, the inn was home. Especially when her mother would greet people at the door.

Now it was just another strange looking pub.

Even more heartbreaking was when she walked around the pub, hoping to see her house but it was gone. Just a car park as Moonbyul called it. In fact there was no sign it was ever there, nor the woods that once sat behind it. It was all just odd looking houses and other buildings. The world she had once known had simply been erased.

Heartbroken to see her house gone, she simply moved on. A short while later, she realized she was lost. In her own home town and she had no idea where she was. It was a very unnerving experience and after some wandering around she managed to find her way back. But she was very upset and burst into tears as soon as she got home.

Moonbyul who arrived shortly after the Victorian girl got home, found her upset and tried to console her. But Solar said she simply wanted to be alone and shut herself into the bedroom.

Things only seemed to get worse and soon they were more like strangers living together than lovers. They didn't even speak much to each other and the tension seemed to fill the air.

The Korean-American kept trying to help ease Solar into the modern age, but soon found herself very depressed as her efforts all seemed to fail.

Days past and Solar to spend most of her time either reading books from the 1800's or reviewing her old journal entries in the bedroom. She refused to read any of the entries she didn't remember writing.

She did eventually use a bit of technology as Moonbyul bought some classical music cd's and showed Solar how to play them. She missed music and sometimes would listen to them. But she was to scared and homesick to do much else.

With each passing day, Moonbyul only grew more depressed. She would spend hours watching TV or would sit on the roof looking at the few stars she could see and get drunk.

The thing about being nostalgic for the old days is that people tend to forget the bad times. And Solar herself soon fell victim to that. She would read the early entries where Eric was still charming and handsome, how he would shower her with attention. Slowly she began to wonder if he really was that bad.

Two weeks past and Moonbyul was about to reenter school for the 2nd year at college. Things with her lover were distance and increasingly tense as she noticed the Victorian girl spent more and more time reading her journals. Moonbyul of course never stopped taking care of Solar. She's up doing all the wash and fixing all the meals.

The Korean rebel dared not to ask Solar for help, but at the same time, started to resent that Solar never offered to help. They did eat together, but more and more those meals were eaten in silence.

It was Friday and Moonbyul felt like making one last attempt. So she knocked on the bedroom door where the Victorian girl was current in.

"Come in," is what Moonbyul could hear her say.

Moonbyul opened the door and took a single step inside, "Hey, not sure if you're interested. A newer pub at the edge of town is having a group that's playing some traditional folk music. I thought it maybe be something you might be interested in." The Korean-American said  cautiously.

Solar who was sitting in a rocking chair in the corner looked up from one of her journals— "No, thank you." She said in a dismissive tone.

Moonbyul wasn't quite sure exactly why, but that dismissive tone set her off. She'd been patient for weeks and even backed off to give Solar some time to adjust. But her patience suddenly ran out.

"Why not?!" Moonbyul suddenly snapped.

The Korean-Latina put her book down and huffed, looking a bit offended. "Well, with you yelling at me, why should I be interested in going anywhere with you?"

That little comment only seemed to dig at Moonbyul's anger more, "Even when I don't yell, you don't ever want to go out. Why not?"

Solar who had become very frustrated, got out of her chair and walked up to her. "Because this isn't my home town, this isn't my time. I don't know anyone or anything. I don't belong here."

Moonbyul furrowed her eyebrows and briefly made a fist, before unclenching it. "Well, you're here, why don't you make the best out of it?" As the conversation went on, the Korean rebel noticed her voice rising, and she realized she couldn't control her anger anymore.

"I KNOW I'M HERE AND I HATE IT. I HATE IT AND IT'S YOUR FAULT. MY FAMILY IS DEAD, MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD, MY HORSE IS DEAD. MY HOME IS GONE, MY TOWN IS DIFFERENT AND I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS WORLD OF COMPUTERS AND FLYING PLANES AND GLOBAL WARMING!" Solar was livid suddenly screamed, exploding herself.

"I SAVED YOU FROM THAT CREEP!" Moonbyul screamed back, not the one who wanted to be let down.

"Yes, you saved me. From being married. I'd rather be married and miserable with that man than here with you. If you were telling me the truth about that." Solar sneered, her words dripping with sarcasm.

"W—what?" Moonbyul stuttered, her jaw dropping.

The Victorian girl then pointed an accusing finger at her, "Yes, with your internet and computer machines you made my husban

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter