Chapter 8.

The Velvet Masters

The Velvet Masters

Chapter 8

 

The Soul Kingdom

 

King Minho ran to King Kibum's room, when the guard noticed who he was he simply let him be and the King of Space knocked on the door about ten times before a very tired King opened the door.

He rubbed his eyes sleepily before looking up and realizing who it was. "Minho, it's a bit early, don't you think?"

"I know what we must do."

"What do you mean?" His voice confused.

"The Goddess came to me. I know what we must do. We must find the chosen ones. A half-god from each Kigdom. We have to go to the soul river."

King Kibum's eyes widened while he understood what he meant. "Let's go."

Even though they were still in their pyjamas they both went, at a very fast pace trying not to wake anyone, to the soul river.

They passed through the door and hall maze and they arrived at the big door. King Kibum took the keys out of his pocket and tried to find the one to open it.

"Quickly." King Minho urged.

"Don't you see I'm working on it?"

He finally found the right key and they rushed in. The three ancient half-gods were sitting on high chairs. When they saw the Kings come in their attention immediately drifted towards them and they got off the chairs. The Kings ignored them and went straight to stand on the balcony, the closest they could be from the river.

"Ancients." The Soul King called. "Is there any special characteristic on five souls?" He serached looking at every single soul. The only thing that distinguishes souls are the glow. Half-god souls glow while humanes and humans don't. He stared at the glowing ones, trying to find some difference.

"Are you looking for something, my King?" The Grand Master asked startling the King.

"The Goddess told me there are five chosen ones, from each Kingdom that can saves us all. She said the answers would be here." King Minho responded.

The Grand Master thought for a while before looking confused at them. "Your majesties, if we had the information that a soul is special in any way we would have known from the moment the soul was born."

Everyone's expression was confused and they were starting to think of all possibilities. King Minho frowned before staring at the soul river.

"What if the Goddess was changing the fates of the people that she chose when she told me? Or perhaps she's changing them right now? Can't we check the files?"

"I suppose, but that is going to take a while."

"So we better start now." King Kibum said.

The five of them headed towards the small closet door. When they opened it it had a much bigger space than expected. There were shelves and shelves of hundreds of thousands of soul parchments. The Ancients quickly began to search through every single half-god parchment. The Kings started to help too.

"Goddess. This is way too much." Right when King Kibum said those words he saw a parchment flying off a shelf. Everyone's attentions were pulled towards the parchment on the floor. They all rushed to it and stared at it curiously. "Looks like the Goddess is helping us."

The Grand Master picked it up and read the name, from the pink colour of the parchment it wasn't hard to say it was from the Time Kingdom.

"Bae Joohyun." He read and looked up at both Kings.

They stared at each other and whispered. "The princess." Their eyes wide but they couldn't process what they had just heard because another parchment flew off another shelf a few feet away.

King Kibum was the one to run to it and read the name that made him almost let out a cry. King Minho went to him and read out loud what the other couldn't. "Kang Seulgi." He stared at the Ancients and they looked shocked at their King, their eyes turned from shock to pity.

Another parchment, this time from the blue shelf fell next to the smallest Ancient and he picked it up. "Son Seungwan." He said out loud looking at King Minho. The Space King just looked down for a few seconds before nodding in agreement. It made sense, he thought. She was the brightest of her generation.

The green shelf started to shake as if a earthquake was tearing throught the palace. The Grand Master picked it up and read the half-god's information. "Goddess, she's too young." King Minho looked at him as if asking who it was. "Park Minyoung. Only ten years old."

The last parchment to fall was very far from the others, as if it were a forgottem parchment, a forgotten half-god.

They all ran to it and King Minho grabbed it. His face was confused as he read the name.

"Who is it?" King Kibum finally said after the shock with his daughter being a chosen one.

King Minho looked back at him. "Someone I haven't heard about in a very long time." He looked back at the name before reading it out loud. "Kim Yerim."

"But, that's impossible." The other King responded incredulous. "She died. She died when her parents died."

"Actually, my King. That's not exactly what happened." The Grand Master answered. "You see, since there were rumours that the present King, Yerim's uncle, was the one who murdered his own brother and sister in law, she was placed in a safer place when the tragedy happened." He sighed. "Only a few loyal people know of this, including us. All her memories were wiped so she could live a safe life. Away from the Kingdom."

"Where is she now?" The Space King asked.

The Grand Master looked at him and waited a few seconds before answering. "She's in the human world."

"What?!" King Kibum asked and ran a had though his hair, he started walking around the room at a fast pace trying to collect his thoughts.

"Calm down friend. We must calm down. First of all we must warn the other girls. They're all here, we must tell them." King Minho said.

"You're right." The Soul King thanked the Ancients and with the Space King ran out of the room and out of the door maze to go quickly to his daughter's room.

It was already 8 in the morning so when the King asked for the maid to open the door the girls were all already up. The Kings came in still in their pyjamas looking very worried, both of them. The girls looked freshened up from the other day's events.

Seungwan was reading a book on the couch. Sooyoung and her sister were sitting on the bed talking to each other. Seulgi was looking at her father smiling and he couldn't help but smile back. Joohyun was looking out the window bored.

"Girls. We must talk." King Kibum said.

"What is it dad?"

They came closer to the girls grabbing everyone's attentions.

"We know who must fight against the bad guys. The Goddess told me that five half-gods, one from each Kingdom, would be the ones that will be able to fight during the golden moon."

"And?" Joohyun asked.

They all looked at the Kings waiting for the answer.

"It's you." King Minho continued and waited for their reactions.

"What do you mean?" Sooyoung asked and Seungwan picked up the pieces.

"Well, I'm the chosen one from the Space Kingdom apparently. They " She pointed at Joohyun and Seulgi." are obviously the chosen ones for the Time and Soul Kingdoms." She sighed. "One of you is the Mind Kingdom's chosen one." She stared at Sooyoung.

Sooyoung looked determined. "It's me, it has to be me."

"Actually..." King Kibum started.

"No. Hell to the no. She is my baby sister. She will not fight against murderers. You did not see what I saw. They are killing recklessly. She won't be up against them."

"But she has to. She is the one." Seungwan argued and Minyoung just stared quietly at the situation.

"Stop judging me in your thoughts." Sooyoung told Seungwan who threw her arms up as if giving up. "If my sister has to fight I shall fight beside her. End of discussion."

"I wouldn't have it any other way." King Minho smiled.

"It has been a long few days for us if you hadn't noticed." Sooyoung sighed while putting her hand on her sister's shoulder and her sister looked up at her with a sad smile.

"Well, get ready for something else then." King Kibum said.

"What do you mean?" Joohyun crossed her arms.

"We're going to find the fifth chosen one." The Space King put his hands together.

"Sure, we're going to the Reality Kingdom?" Seulgi smiled looking at everyone.

"Hum, not really." Everyone looked confused at the Space King. "We're actually going on a field trip to the human world."


AN: I'm back guys! I hope you love this chapter!
My prom was great btw eheh.

Please comment & share

See ya tuesday 

Love you babes ٩(♡ε♡ )۶